Does amazon ship to Australia?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by TakenXXDeadly, Aug 18, 2012.

1. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Because I just saved up $10 from FMA. When I got to the checkout, it told me "We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order." I don't know what to do, because I put in my correct address. In address I put my street then my suburb, then I put in my city, then in the next box my state.
    In zip, I put in my post code (4 letters), then my country and phone number. Anyone know what I did wrong? Thanks in advance.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Amazon has export restrictions on specific items, even if they'll happily send other stuff to your country. Movies for example, often won't be exported due to countries having different release dates. It depends on what you tried to buy.

3. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I tried to buy a game that came put roughly 1-2 years ago. I live in Australia, but I don't live in the middle of nowhere. So I'm not sure why it doesnt recognise where I live.

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Australia has some pretty ridiculous restrictions for games, as I'm sure you're aware more than anyone. At a guess, it's an R18 title?

5. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Lol, in Australia there's no such thing as R18 titles in Australia. The game I was trying to get was star wars the force unleashed 2. If I try with any other game, I'm sure the same will happen.

6. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Just wondering why doesnt Australia have a region specific branch of amazon?? Youd think thered be the business for it.

7. Adpel

Adpel New Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I guess. So far I've been able to get and to send stuff all over the world...