Does advertising on TA.com work for you?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by hkiphone, Mar 4, 2009.

1. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Lately, been seeing those ad banners from various game developers here.
    The ones that caught my eye the most were: Vector Tanks, Zen Bound and Rolando. They are great games, and I think even if I didn't buy them, I would have been reminded to buy because of the ad. In fact, I almost forgot about Vector Tanks had it not been for the advert (got caught up in the whirlwind of February releases).
    I think the desig of the ads also plays a key role. ZB's one looks so artistic and pleasant on the eye. VT is alsoo simple but effective.
    In comparison, Days Of Thunder seems lifeless, uninspired. And GLGolf's flashing highlight of the cost just annoys me. Chronicles of Inotia does have it's own style, and it's starting to tug at my heartstrings to persuade me to buy...

So, have any of you felt compelled to buy a game because an advert reminded you about the game? Note, not necessarily make you buy a critically slammed game.... Just a hint to you that you want that game.
    Any other thoughts on ad banners?

2. kiwi91

kiwi91 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    U.S.
    Most definitely. The Chronicle thing looked cool (like Zelda or something) and it made me go and take a look at it. I just didn't feel like playing a DS or Gameboy game so I didn't get it.

But yeah, I agree. The design has a lot to do with it. Days of Thunder looked really boring from the ad..and the GL Golf one looked really ghet.

Ads are great...but if they are done poorly, it can have the opposite effect. If an ad for something looks really homemade...it's most likely going to convince me NOT to get it.

3. IMBA

IMBA Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    With the number of apps being released each day, the good ones can easily get lost in the pool of junk apps. Advertising on sites like TA probably helps get targeted exposure, not only to potential customers, but also to editors of other iPhone review sites, who undoubtably visit TA.