Universal DoDonPachi Resurrection HD (by CAVE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 14, 2012.

1. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    #101 bx59, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    So its my first time with a cave shooter and I picked this one. There are fps drops everywhere, is this normal? I mean coming from buttery smooth ones like Aka to Blue and Steredenn... I am pretty disappointed...

edit: see reply below, my bad

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Have you turned the 'Wait Control' off in the options menu?

bx59 likes this.
  3. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Thank you, sir.

syntheticvoid likes this.
  4. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #104 syntheticvoid, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    No problem.
    And yes, I have also experienced that pretty massive frame rate drop. It's actually pretty bad on my 6S, but only with Wait Control on. It's almost every single time the game does it's 'programmed slowdown' that emulates the Arcade version.
    Playing with it off can be pretty brutal late on in the game since I'm extremely familiar with playing the game with Wait Control turned to on in both the 'original'/SD build on my iPhone 5 and the Steam version.
    Just something that'll take some time to get accustomed to I guess.

Anyway, best of luck! DDP Resurrection has turned into one of my top 3 favorite Cave titles (alongside Espgaluda II and Mushihimesama/Bug Princess 2 Black Label) since it's release on iOS... though it didn't really open up for me until I reached the hidden Omote loop for the first time. Then finally getting into the Ura loop was absolutely exhilarating.
    =D
    I still haven't been able to beat the true last boss on either loop without using a continue....

It's also the Cave game that I've spent the most time in Practice Mode on. Trying to memorize the bee locations and getting use to positioning myself to hit them.

The Smartphone Mode is awesome as well. I love the way they incorporated grazing with the S/M gauge. I do kind of wish they hadn't gone the way they did for charging up your hyper beam though. I always feel a little strange spinning my finger around in circles for those few seconds. I would have rather preferred it building up depending on how long you held the bomb/hyper 'button' or something similar. But it's a small complaint and definitely doesn't keep me from playing the hell out of that Mode.
    =D

5. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Edit: ignore. Was referring to Dodonapachi Blissful Death and Maximum that both play well on iPhone X.

Don’t have this one, lol

6. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Oh, yeah the other two play pretty perfect for me... it's just this HD build I've had issues with...

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yay!!!

finally hit 1,000,000,000 in Smartphone mode.... when I first picked this up way back whenever (about a year after the OG version first released), I was sure that I would never in a million years hit even the top 1,000 spots...

Sorry.... I’m all giddy.

Attached Files:

Skall and Boardumb like this.