iPad Dodonpachi Resurrection - by Cave (v1.0.4 Game Center) +lite

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Drunkhobo, let me know what scoreboard's you're attacking and i'll jump on them. ;)

2. postmanmanman

postmanmanman Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    So after beating the game for the first time in iPhone mode, I got a message saying that I had completely the first loop, which unlocked the original arcade soundtrack. Are there any more hidden items or unlockables anyone has found?

3. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Have you unlocked the hidden routes throughout the stages?

Each stage has a hidden, high scoring route through the stage by meeting certain conditions.

There are two 'Second Loop' runs, which are unlocked through doing the following:

Tsuujou 2nd Loop - Collect 35 bee items, or clear the game having lost only one life or used only 2 bombs.

Ura 2nd Loop - Collect all 45 bee items and clear the game having lost only one life and used 2 bombs or less.

If you can beat the 2nd loop, you get two additional final bosses.

4. pocs

pocs New Member

Aug 26, 2010
    I got this for my iPhone 4 32gb (jailbroken) and there is severe slowdown on even the first level.

I have killed off all background processes and reboot several times.

The slowdown is so bad that my ship almost 'warps' from left to right when I move. This is definitely not the 'intended' slowdown when the screen gets busy.

I have decided not to play any more for now, and hopefully cave will release a fix soon. Its a shame because the graphics are gorgeous.

5. Grouick

Grouick Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Works lie a charm on my IP4 32 gb not jb...

6. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    R type and Knight's review's went up this fast coz they were available in NZ and TA probably picked them up from NZ store only. This one had some problems apparently and no one was able to buy it from any store until it came out in USA. So they obviously had much less time with this one to put up a review.

7. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I also have a Jailbroken iPhone 4 32GB and I don't have this issue. Very weird.

8. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #128 ImNoSuperMan, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
    Impressions/reviews

TA Review : http://toucharcade.com/2010/08/26/dodonpachi-resurrection-review-–-a-little-slice-of-bullet-hell-heaven/

===============
    Scoring Explanation Thread http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=65302
    ===============
    User impressions...

9. Master(G)

Master(G) Member

Aug 26, 2010
    i got the same issues on my iphone 4 but its original and NOT jailbroken.
    did the same thing like you, killed all processes, rebooting.
    my ship is jumping around like crazy, unplayable. died a few times because of this and then stopped playing. hoping for a patch as well. damn!:(

10. Xanthos

Xanthos Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    I'll be looking forward to Vally's guide on Dodonpachi. His guide on ESPGALUDA II helped me alot when the game just got released.

There is one thing that I can't seem to figure out and that is the S M bar. Can any explain that to me?

There are still some other minor stuffs that I can't figure too. Mainly the powerups. They seem to go up and down randomly.

11. pocs

pocs New Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Do you have many cydia apps installed? At the moment I have

-mobilesubstrate (for pdf-patch)
    -notifier

Also I am only running 4.0.0, didnt bother updating to 4.0.1.

12. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I'm still at work at the moment, but my guide will be up this evening. :)

In regards to the SM bar, i'll explain:

The M (Menace) bar rises as you graze bullets. As you move next to them and get as close to them as possible, your M gauge will rise. As your M gauge rises, you hyper gauge rises, and Score Multiplier rises also.

Once you max out the M gauge, your hyper gauge rises dramatically. Use this time to knock out a hyper cannon, as if you've maxed the M gauge out, your hyper bar will fill up straight away after using the hyper cannon.

The S (Slaughter) bar rises as you destroy enemies. As your S gauge rises, the multiplier that you've stored in Menace mode kicks in, and enemies will start to drop bonus tokens to the value of your multiplier.

Once you max out the S gauge, your weapon power goes up dramatically, and enemies drop more bonus chips.

So the scoring system is as follows:

• Build M gauge by grazing enemies. Build up score multiplier.
    • Build up S gauge by killing enemies as fast as possible to cash in the multiplier.
    • Repeat.

The Hyper Cannon in S mode will spew out absolutely tons of score tokens, so if you can build up your multiplier and reach S mode with a full hyper bar, knock out that hyper cannon and watch the score roll in.

13. Master(G)

Master(G) Member

Aug 26, 2010
    @pocs: it seems i found the solution for the "jumping ship" ... you have to turn off the zoom in settings/accessibilty on your iphone. best is to turn everything under accessibility OFF... it fixed the bug for me, now it's running smoothly!

14. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I'd love to play this game but it's 45 minutes and still downloading.

15. pocs

pocs New Member

Aug 26, 2010
    You're a lifesaver! I dont know why I enabled that crappy zoom setting in the first place - turned it off and its running great. Thanks alot!

16. Fujibayashi

Fujibayashi Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Japanese / Korean translator.
    Mililani, O'ahu, Hawai'i
    Roger that! As incredible as Cave's first two games are, I wonder what the heck they could do NEXT to up the bar?! This thing was/is amazing. Visited Cave's blog, and they apparently are tossing around the idea of porting ESPGaluda Part 1 over to the iPhone with bells and whistles... (Silly me, I thought all this time that "ESP Ra DE." was part one) but that wouldn't be for a while, their iPhone team of devs seems not so big and they already have other shooters planned for this year.

Hats off to Cave for showing the way... even the best other topdown shooters for the iPhone look ridiculously weak compared to Cave's games!

Also, don't understand the performance issues other people are bringing up. This thing works silky smooth on my iPad, iPhone3GS, and IPhone4. maybe the others aren't fully updated to the most recent IOS build or they have foolishly jailbroken their devices... both of which are guaranteed gaming performance killers.

17. postmanmanman

postmanmanman Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    You must have a poor download speed. It's ~300 MB in size, so it'd be a fairly sizeable download on a slow connection.

18. del

del Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    A question I asked on the r-type thread today, one I've been asking in connection to a lot of ports that are coming out: is this an iphone game, or just a collectors item, so to speak, for fans? does it play like it was meant for the iphone?

19. Fujibayashi

Fujibayashi Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Japanese / Korean translator.
    Mililani, O'ahu, Hawai'i
    this most CERTAINLY plays like it was meant for the iPhone. :)

20. del

del Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    that's cool. and the slowness was caused by something in the settings? okay - I guess there's nothing holding me back, other than deciding which one, Espgaluda II or this, to get - or get first.