iPad Dodonpachi Resurrection - by Cave (v1.0.4 Game Center) +lite

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 25, 2010.

1. postmanmanman

postmanmanman Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    So 11 PM, huh? I'll be picking this up the second it hits the app store! Espgaluda II is definitely my most-played app, so I'm really looking forward to this!

In the mean time, I have a new copy of Deathsmiles (although Amazon managed to crush the limited edition box during shipping... argh) to entertain me!

2. Pitch_Blak

Pitch_Blak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Canada
    Oh man, I wish I could get this, but I have an inadequate 2nd Gen. The only way I could is if I do some buttering up to my mom so she can allow me to use her iPad. xP

Speaking of which, I'm surprised that they didn't try the universal route. A game like this would look quite amazing with an increased resolution.

3. postmanmanman

postmanmanman Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    If I'm not mistaken, the arcade game itself only runs at something like 320 x 200 or something, so it would take a lot of work to make new sprites and everything for that much higher of a resolution.

Cave's console ports generally get an upscaled-resolution mode, but they're also around 5-8 times as expensive as the iPhone versions...!

4. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    This.

Giving the game retina support or iPad support will involve Cave upscaling their existing arcade assets and that will look ugly as all sin.

Also, unrelated but i've just figured out how to record perfect iPhone screen capture with a jailbroken iphone + DisplayRecorder, and audio via a line-in + audacity on laptop.

DDPR gameplay videos coming up as soon as i've bought this. :)

5. Piasintein

Piasintein Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    320*240.
    Yes, they should remake all the graphics.

6. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I had no idea so many people loved bullet hell shmups. This is awesome :D

7. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I'm not great at them, but I love them anyways. There's even a schmup in starcraft 2! As for remaking graphics, other than upscaling they'd have to redraw everything and that's just not reasonable unless they charged 9.99 minimum for all the work.

8. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    it is out in the german app store but i keep getting the same message when buying... :mad:

9. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    That doesn't bode well. :(

Has anyone actually got it in their respective app stores yet?

10. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    ESPGaluda 2 did this on launch too.

Might be worth going to sleep and downloading in the morning peeps

11. twiztid

twiztid Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    coolestness on the mic
    houston tx
    you read my mind young padawan

hellllls yeah,thats what i was thinking,holding off to buy this at 4.99 and thinking they'll hopefully drop the price of espgaluda for the first few days this is out and i can pick up both for around the normal price of one. after seeing this gameplay compared to espgaluda i think this one will own hardcore,esp. with that blast that fills the WHOLE SCREEN.........OMG i'm mclovin this.....

12. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Hmm, I don't think it did in the Canadian app store at least. I remember buying it right at the moment it was released in the evening.

13. spider76

spider76 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    chef
    oxford
    Damm

Still modifying in uk store , r type rocks btw!

14. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    Same happens in spanish appstore and I want to buy it tonight because in the morning my credit card will not work when Apple checks the games I bought now

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Haven't been able to buy this all day either. :(

16. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Hope it wasn't one of those cases where the app was removed at the last minute (ie Pro Zombie Soccer/Zombie Wonderland, etc).

17. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Also no luck in Germany :(
    OK, then back to R-Type :)

18. meme1337

meme1337 New Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Item being modified in Italy too.
    Argh, can't wait to download it!

19. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

It happened with their last game on all systems except the iPhone, from what I remember. I remember that it was released at 4.99 and only worked on one device and by the time they fixed it, the sale was over.

20. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    No, that was just that it wouldn't actually work on an iPod. You could still download it through iTunes or w/e, it just wouldn't actually run on an iPod at first (though I'm assuming you couldn't download it on an iPod either). The "Item being modified" message is different, I believe that message would have been something like "the item cannot be installed on your device" or something. The "item being modified" message usually comes up during a price change or app processing, or... and I hope this isn't the case... if the app was suddenly pulled, either by apple, or by cave themselves to modify it in some way.

The fact that nobody in any of the respective territories has been able to download this yet worries me. They could be holding it so it releases everywhere at the same time, but... well, we'll see in about an hour and a half. :p