iPad Dodonpachi Resurrection - by Cave (v1.0.4 Game Center) +lite

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 25, 2010.

1. miknhoj

miknhoj Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Does anyone have the full list of achievements on Open Feint? I am particularly interested in knowing what the "secret" ones are.

2. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    What's New in Version 1.0.3

3. miknhoj

miknhoj Member

Oct 9, 2010
    I'm glad they updated it, hopefully this resolves some of my issues. Having said that, does anyone know how to unlock the secret achievements? I was told there is a certain extra criteria to beat Hibachi to unlock his achievement, but don't know what that is (I used about a million continues). Anyone know?

4. Nyarular

Nyarular New Member

Sep 24, 2010
    tips (long)

Apologizing for my English beforehand, I'd like to post a few more tips which I think havn't posted.

1. Aura shot
    -During Laser shot, the ship wears Laser Aura, or backfire, which deals same damage as Laser itself. So-called Aura shot can kill enemy from side or back of the ship, deals additional damage to the front and also deals great damage against ground enemies like silos or bosses when you put your ship over them. Plus, the Aura shot fills Hyper gauge quickly in .

2.Hyper Canon tips (iPhone mode)
    -It is scoring-delicious to blast Hyper Canon against enemy's laser cannon. One of the nicest places is against two vertical laser batteries in stage 5.

-If you activate Hyper mode with max M gauge, Hyper gauge remains full even after the Canon blast. Since the M gauge drops quickly, you need to activate it while grazing.

-If you don't release Hyper Canon, SM gauge stops at the center of the gauge. This is useful when you don't want to switch to S from M.

3.Hyper mode tips (Arcade mode)
    -Hyper mode has some invulnerable time of around 1 or 2 seconds at the beginning. Overlap your ship with enemy, especially boss, during that time; then your Aura shot deals additional Hit count and Hyper gauge filling. Under certain conditions, the Hyper gauge fills up before the Hyper mode ends, which means "invulnerable > bullet cancel > invulnerable > bullet cancel..." combo is possible. The invulnerable time is 13% of flashing circle around the ship. (25% against stage boss)

4.Chain combo tips (Arcade mode)
    -Not only killing enemy, but activating Hyper mdoe or picking green/white bee icons keeps the chain as well. Canceling enemy bullets with Hyper Normal shot keeps chain too, but not in Power style Boost mode.

-In a certain condition, cutting chain combo doesn't resets Hit counter to zero, just downs slowly. The condition is; when Hyper gauge is on the rise. To be exact; when Hyper gauge is not max and you are not in Hyper mode. These technique enables chaining at where it seems impossible to keep, in exchange of losing score multiplier from maximum Hyper gauge.

-The "maximum Hyper gauge" multiplier is...
    500HIT- x2
    1000HIT- x3
    3000HIT- x4
    5000HIT- x5
    7000HIT- x6
    10000HIT- x7

To see how the score will be with maximum multiplier... check out the video of the original arcade game!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP6_nOZU45c

5. Maximum mode
    Not "maximum Hyper gauge", but Maximum bomb stock mode. The MAXIMUM gauge flashes at down left when you get enough Bombs, and you get scrolling bonus. Strog syle ship is easy to enter Maximum mode.

6. Penalty rank
    -The Penalty rank is a kind of difficulty rank which rises every time you activate Hyper mode/Hyper Counter and it drops when you die. It resets to zero at the end of each stage. The number of the rank is visible when you use Hyper; amount of small notches inside flashing circle.

7.Easter egg
    -Do-Donpachi voice: Touch DO-DON-PACHI at Opening screen.
    -Dodonpachi Dai-Ondo music: Pause the game and shake your iPhone until you hear a chime ring.

8.Secret Achivements
    ・The conflicted daughter
    ・To change the future
    ・Miss bright and cheerful
    ・She once protected us...
    ・Merclless huntress
    ・The Hidden road of fate
    ・Blinking lights of a Hidden Future
    ・A Hidden world darkenst
    ・A Hidden battle for the future
    ・I will face them full force
    ・Target for the weak point of f**___
    ・With great humility and gratitude
    ・Learning to chain
    ・Second Extend
    ・Multiplier x 5
    ・Multiplier x 6
    ・Power and Endurance
    ・Destruction and Fortitude
    ・Death cannon
    ・Blissful death
    ・Hyper rotation
    Still two are unknown.

9. Names
    Red ship: Struggle Fighter "Deltasword"
    Green ship: Assault Helicopter "Biaxe"
    Blue ship: Fighting Bomber "Spearhead"
    1st boss: A.I. (speaks Ai)
    2nd boss: Next Exy (speaks Nexy)
    3rd boss: PERFECT (speaks Parfait)
    4th boss: Ray'n (speaks Rain)
    5th boss: Shooty
    Bee boss: Extreme Hellish Supreme Weapon of Annihilation "Golden Disaster"
    True Bee: ]-[|/34<#! (speaks Hibachi)
    Colonel: Gottvin Longhena

Collecting all bee icons perfectly is called "Hachi Parfait" among fans, after the 3rd boss name;)

5. miknhoj

miknhoj Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Wow...excellent tips. Thank you so much. Could you elaborate as to how to satisfy the following secret achievements:

Second extend.
    Destruction and fortitude.

Also does anyone know what the two remaining secret achievements are? I believe one involves beating hibachi a certain way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Secret Technique Revealed for unlocking new BGM

LOL

7. Nyarular

Nyarular New Member

Sep 24, 2010
    I don't know exactly, but are you sure you have rebooted your iPad before you play?

The conflicted daughter, To change the future, Miss bright and cheerful, She once protected us, Merciless huntress
    - Defeat Element Daughters of st1-5.

The Hidden road of fate, Blinking lights of a Hidden Future, A Hidden world darkens, A Hidden battle for the future
    - Discover hidden route in st2-5.

I will face them full force, With great humility and gratitude
    - Enter open/hidden 2nd loop.

Target for the weak point of f**...
    - Defeat Golden Dissaster.

Learning to chain, Second Extend
    - Earn 1bln/10bln pts in Arcade mode.

Power and Endurance, Destruction and Fortitude
    - Earn 100mil/500mil pts in iPhone mode.

Multiplier x5, Multiplier x6
    - Connect 5000/9999 HITs combo in Arcade mode.

Death cannon
    - Taken out by a large enemy laser.
    Blissful death
    - Get hit with your Hyper Gauge at MAX.
    Hyper rotation
    - Turn your Hyper Cannon more than 10 times at once.

I agree that one of the remaining secret has to be "Defeat ]-[|/34<#! with 1cc". The other is... maybe timer related?

8. Coldcoffee

Coldcoffee Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Student
    Monkey Island
    Did anyone know that DDPR has tilt controls too!! Try Playing Hibachi and tilting the device around to see what I mean.(With Normal shot not the 360-shot or laser.)

9. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Guys, a question.

Does Dodonpachi Resurrection work on an iPod Touch 4th gen 8GB?
    I'll buy one for this game only, but I need to know if it definitely works on it.

Thanks in advance.

10. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Should work fine on any fourth Gen I have it on my 3rd Gen and it works well although I think you might regret going for the smallest size. Lot's of good games for it and CAVE will probably release more as well.

11. japtor

japtor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I think some others confirmed that it works. You *might* have to reboot your iPod on the first launch (cause some OpenFeint first launch bug) but once you get past it I think it's fine.

12. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    its works perfectly :)

13. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    #373 Fimb, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
    Alright, I'll go for it then.

@Teknikal: you're right, I may regret going for the smallest size (8GB) but I'm cheap atm. My 8GB 2nd gen worked fine up to this point -- gonna get a 4th gen touch only for the existing and upcoming Cave games (Mushihimesama was one too many for me).

Thanks a lot for the quick replies.

14. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    4th gen iTouch bought, game is amazing, me gaping.
    What a thrill!

15. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    I've been thinking about buying this for a while but I had some questions. Are both modes endless or are there only a set number of stages and then the game ends and totals up your score? Oh and what's the difference between iPhone and arcade mode?

16. Coldcoffee

Aug 28, 2010
    Student
    Monkey Island
    No, none of the mode is "endless". The game ends when you finish all the stages or you lose all your lives (although you can continue infinitely, but the score resets.) and totals up your score.

The number of stages you end up playing depends on how well you play. But there are 5 unique stages in all. If you meet certain conditions, You begin from stage 1 again, but with increased difficulty and Two Extra bosses in the final level (search for the hidden loop conditions in this forum or google.)

The main difference between the iphone mode and arcade mode is the scoring system, which is drastically different. The BGM for both is different too. The levels remain the same. You can go here: http://www.cave-world.com/en/games/dodonpachi-resurrection.html if you wish to see the detailed differences. I personally prefer the iPhone mode :D

Lots of replayability, lots of content (Hidden and otherwise). Really fun to play. Great game!

17. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

And don't forget the hidden route, which changes the mid-boss and the 2nd half of each level, as long as you stay on the route.

18. Coldcoffee

Aug 28, 2010
    Student
    Monkey Island
    +1

Yup, each stage has two different routes, which changes the mid-boss. And some people might argue that there are 6 stages, but the "6th" stage is actually just boss battles. Although the game does show the Sixth stage with a description: ????? in the practice mode.

19. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Alright thanks for the answers. So basically after these stages the only thing to do is to replay them? How long would all 5 stages usually take to beat?

20. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Ah, so that's what that is.

How do you get to the 6th stage? Is that part of the second loop where you have to beat the game without using a bomb (is that the requirement?) or is it something else?