iPad Dodonpachi Resurrection - by Cave (v1.0.4 Game Center) +lite

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I thought it did play on 3GS?

I'll test it on my lady's iPhone when I've got a chance next.

2. hotpotty

hotpotty Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Australia
    Sorry Vally, I meant that as it works on 3GS, why should it not work on newer (and presumably better) hardware. I just don't get it - time will tell, I guess!

3. Piasintein

Piasintein Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    This is an odd thing: Dodonpachi works without problems on my iPod touch 4G.

4. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Might want to try the old delete and reinstall or rebooting your ipod touch 4G.

5. raptor200

raptor200 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    hey ive notcied cave notes about the game
    "Turning the expand/shrink accessibility function "On" in this application may interfere with in-game play, therefore we suggest turning Accessibility "Off" while playing."

can pls someone explain to me what they mean by that, is it screen size option?

6. Piasintein

Piasintein Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
  7. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #347 Guise, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
    Does this mean that you can enter the regular, non-hidden 2nd loop in easy mode if you meet the other requirements?

Also, I noticed drunkhobo15 mentioned on another thread something about a DDP 'league of legends'. Was wondering what that referred to.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance for any info.

8. DBrown519

DBrown519 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Environmental, Health, and Safety Fields
    Fullerton (Orange County), CA
    Dodonpachi Resurrection!

Does anyone think this game is a bit too high compared to other games in the same genre? I mean the replay value isn't nothing like Fruit Ninja/Veggie Samurai, therefore I think it should be maybe maximum $5.00 if that.

9. postmanmanman

postmanmanman Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Haha.

No.

10. SoraLimit

SoraLimit Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Actually, I play this more than Fruit ninja. Don't get me wrong, that is addicting, but I guess it's all personal preference.

Also, this game is half a GB compared to fruit ninja. And compared to the other games in the same genre, I feel there's more action (Icarus isn't even comparable when it comes to bullet hell). Plus there's a storyline with this one (although a confusing one).

11. Coldcoffee

Coldcoffee Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Student
    Monkey Island
    Yup you can enter the normal 2nd loop in easy mood! just meet the requirements.

12. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Real quick question that may have been answered. When I look at the damage done by the laser and the reguar weapon, the laser does considerably more damage AND it pushes back enemy laser. So what reason would a person use the regular weapon if the secondary does the best of both worlds?

And for the hyper cannon thing in iphone mode, when you activate it, just spin your ship really quick and it'll fire it's super version?

13. SoraLimit

SoraLimit Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I believe in arcade mode, when you're in hyper mode, Shot cancels bullets, which is good for clearing out mass amount of enemies.

In iPhone mode, hyper works exactly like you said, but you need to spin it enough to make the bee at the bottom red, or else the hyper cannon will be smaller. It can also cancel bullets

14. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    arcade mode:
    in hyper mode you can choose (like ikaruga) what you want to cancel... hyper while in shoot-mode you cancel bullets. Hyper while in laser-mode you cancel enemies laser

15. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    If it's true that one can get to the normal second loop in Arcade Easy/Novice, then the leader boards are a joke. That it was not possible was one of the first things the pros made clear early on.

16. chexk03

chexk03 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    #356 chexk03, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
    Yes, you can enter normal 2nd loop in both Arcade/iPhone mode with easy difficulty.

Well, I don't really understand your point. As I mentioned before, the scoring mostly depends on chains, and nearly 2/3 of your score comes from 2nd loop. This just gives the people playing on easy mode a equal chance to compete on the leaderboard. My best scores which rank within top 10 are all achieved in easy mode and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one out there.

17. drunkhobo15

drunkhobo15 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    League of legends is a whole other game. I didn't go back and look what I wrote, but it's a free game like Dota for pc.

18. DanteBen

DanteBen Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I've been trying to get to 2nd loop for days now, level 5 gets me every time...

Managed to get the hidden routes by accident thou? Wish I could work that one out again :)

19. DanteBen

DanteBen Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Play it on Normal and get 2nd loop then :p:D

20. miknhoj

miknhoj Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Dodonpachi Resurrection Hibachi/Ipad Issue (please help)

If someone could be so kind as to offer suggestions on the following, please PM me:

I have had a technical problem with Dodonpachi Resurrection on the Ipad and it has caused me much grief (I take this very seriously and you'll understand upon reading) As most of you are probably aware, I was informed that you can play as the Ura Boss, Hibachi, if you meet a certain criteria (45 Bees, 1 credit, complete the ura hidden second loop). Naturally, like everyone here I really want to play against, and as, Hibachi in this amazing game. Anyways, after numerous attempts and hours, I finally completed the iphone mode collecting all 45 Bees and using only one credit and was put into the ura-hidden second loop (it is completed in my open feint achievements so there is no question). However in the last ending, the General (Hibachi) states something to the effect of "now you will die. farewell" (which I assume is before fighting Hibachi). However at this point it completely logged me off the game and back to the ipad general screen. At first I thought it was mistake or I hit the home button. Obviously I was pissed. So after numerous attempts I ONCE AGAIN completed the game with the above criteria and entered the hidden ura loop. Unfortunately, it once again logged me off the game completely right before fighting Hibachi. Saddened because of all of the work I put into the game and numerous hours to achieve this extremely difficult feat, I still persisted. So I once again beat it today with the same criteria (this time turning off open feint in case that was the issue and restarting my ipad beforehand). Like the other two times I was logged off (I almost broke my ipad, but common sense prevailed). Please bear in mind I have the newest update to the game so that's not an issue.

So my question is:
    Is this a common problem on the ipad? Has anyone else had this happen to them. How can I fix this? Do I need to reinstall the game, turn off zoom, turn on or off certain settings? Also is there a way to reinstall the game to ensure there are no bugs? And if so, how do I do this so I'm not wasting my time anymore? Finally is there anyway to get Hibachi without all of that (at this point I feel I deserve it. Please please someone help me.