iPad Dodonpachi Resurrection - by Cave (v1.0.4 Game Center) +lite

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 25, 2010.

1. japtor

japtor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Great, thanks. I was wondering where the bees were. Are the green ones the regular route and the orange ones on the ura route?
    My guess is that the original slows down a lot, from some quick searching it sounds like it has more slow down than their usual amount (more complex stuff on screen I guess).

2. chexk03

chexk03 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    #322 chexk03, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
    More precisely, green ones exist in both routes and yellow ones are ura-route-only (One exception is in stage 1 there's a green bee item labeled with a popup dialog box, which is normal route only.) Note that for Stage 5 there're two maps, one for normal and the other for ura route.

3. hotpotty

hotpotty Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Australia
    #323 hotpotty, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  4. tetrisgrammaton

May 10, 2010
    This is the response I got from Cave:

"Thank you for getting in touch with CAVE WORLD.

We have not had the chance to test our games on a fourth-generation iPod
    touch yet, so we encourage you to download the LITE (free) version of the
    application you are interested in and give it a try.

Thank you,"

I was also looking for someone who has tried it out. If not, I'm sure it's only temporary, but I'm already considering slapping a return label on my iPod Touch and getting a 32Gb 3rd G instead.

5. hotpotty

Oct 22, 2009
    Australia
    Damn. I hope they bloody work! Upgrading from an iPhone 3G (in terms of actually being able to play the newer games) so it's not like I'm gonna return the thing, but damn it if EGII and DDP: R don't work, a VERY sad boy I will be :mad:

6. japtor

japtor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    #326 japtor, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
    Wonder what the issue was, they might've run into the OpenFeint white screen for all we know, and people have seen that on every device out there.

Well there's one way to test yourself actually, if you have an Apple Store near you you can log in (remember to log out afterwards!) and download either game (which might take a while). I did this way back on an iPad with Espgaluda before I got mine.

7. SoraLimit

SoraLimit Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Actually, it does work on the iPod touch 4G. I got the white screen initially, but I force quit the app from the multitasking bar and started it up again. It was fine afterwards.

8. hotpotty

Oct 22, 2009
    Australia
    Thanks so much for the info, SoraLimit!! :D

9. tetrisgrammaton

May 10, 2010
    ditto

10. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Novice is listed beside Arrange in the menu. :)

The slowdown is almost accurate to the arcade PCB too, there's a lot going on. :)

11. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    oh i played the demo yesterday on a friends device, this game is quite hard. watched the video from cave where they explain the S/M system and it looked very easy watching this guy playing :D

12. Ab0veAv3ragE

Ab0veAv3ragE Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback you two (Japtor & Vally). I finally found Novice mode right after I posted my questions, you actually have to select "Arrange" and it's IN arrange mode. But I know what you meant.

13. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    What's New In Version 1.0.2

14. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Controls are *VASTLY* improved and trigger 99% of the time now with no thumb releasing required.

First shot after patch and my arcade scores shoot right up. Epic update.

15. japtor

japtor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I'm actually running into a worse problem now that they fixed the laser, in arcade mode at least (haven't tried iPhone mode). While the laser appears to work consistently, movement is occasionally messed up for me now. It looks like it's reading the finger on the laser as the movement finger and ignoring my actual movement finger, leading me to become a sitting duck at the bottom center of the screen...or another issue where it leads to the ship jumping position once I let go of my movement finger when my laser finger is down.

16. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    The controls did that a lot pre-patch. I've not yet noticed it still happening.

Do you use hold button for laser or toggle?

17. japtor

japtor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I use hold but never had the sticking issues that I'm seeing now, only problem I had before was the inconsistent laser.

18. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    This game dont work on the new ipodtouch 4G.Even after the update.Could you please fix this.

19. hotpotty

Oct 22, 2009
    Australia
    How is this possible? I thought this played on a 3GS - will Cave be able to fix this problem? I just don't understand:confused:

20. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    This game blew me away. One of the first iphone game the impressed the hell out of me, retina support If added will be epic.