Universal DoDonPachi Blissful Death (by CAVE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 8, 2012.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =o/

I almost always play Cave games with my device hooked up to a power source... They've always been pretty big battery hogs, even when left in the BG.

2. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    One loop clear.

[​IMG]

Puts me at #5 on Game Center.

I can't see this lasting. There is so, so much room for improvement to be had...

3. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Holy crap. Watched a stage 1 run, and wow. Getting the shot to laser and shot off down is going to be EXTREMELY tricky to pull off on a touch screen.... Not sure my brain can handle that actually... =o/

On a side note... Anyone with an iPad 2 download games directly to their device, then hook up to the pc, and have everything they downloaded since the last time they synced get deleted? DDP BD, Eufloria, everything was deleted, so now I have to start all over... Pain in the ass....

4. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Happens with any iOS device if you sync apps with iTunes and don't have them selected to sync. You can change your iTunes settings or transfer purchases and add to the sync list (if that's not automatic) before syncing.

5. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    It happened right when I hooked my iPad up... And it did the initial first syncing that it does automatically... Sorry, I know this isn't a discussion for this thread...

Thanks for the info though, I'll go and look through my iTunes settings.

6. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Yeah you'll have to change your settings for iTunes. Either set to not sync on connecting so you can transfer first, or set to not sync apps.

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Thank you so much! Worked... =oD

8. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    There are certain chaining techniques that you aren't going to be pulling off on the iPad. :) that much is for sure.

9. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #129 eev, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
    reading a lot about this game and it seems also like in ddp the movement with laser is slower than when shooting, different for all dolls but still it's slower in this game. because in ios version there is no such thing, maybe it possible to use more laser and switch to shooting not so oft because you can move ship faster than on arcade or other versions.

10. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Exactly. :)

11. Coldcoffee

Coldcoffee Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Student
    Monkey Island
    #131 Coldcoffee, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
    I always thought the slowing down during laser usage was to allow for delicate movement. This is true atleast for DaiFukkatsu. When you use laser in that game, not only does the movement get slower, your hitbox becomes brighter and much more visible. Btw, can anyone point out to the hitboxes in the ships in this game!? Would be really helpful! Also, could someone point me to some superplay videos?~ can't find em on a google search.

12. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Anyone else having problems with scores and achievements not showing up in Gamecenter?

13. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Yes I had the same problem a couple hours ago. Have to check again.

14. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    This is probably the most fun I've ever had out of a Cave game. I don't know why, but it's just great.

15. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    [​IMG]
    from http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=4662

16. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    If I understand correctly, the hyper meter is only filled when using laser mode. If this is true, why would you use shot mode? It seems that you would want to stay in laser mode until you trigger hyper mode, then continue that process. I'm obviously missing something, so Cave experts: help me out.

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    You usually can't get bees unless the front of your laser hits where they're hidden... So switching from shot to laser makes that happen... Aside from that... I'm finding it hard to find any other reason to use my shot here... Especially with how insanely hard it would be to switch for laser to shot while keeping track of where to switch your shot off on n off... =oP

Maybe Vally could give us a reason... But aside from the bees, I'm not sure....

18. Coldcoffee

Coldcoffee Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Student
    Monkey Island
    @eev Thanks for the hitbox info!

There's actually 3 ways to fill your hyper. here's the info from CAVE's site:

・Laser attack hits an enemy
    ・Reaching the MAX level on GP Meter (Combo Meter)
    ・Aquiring BEE Items with more than 20 hits.(without HYPER)

The second requirement is fulfilled when you kill enemies in quick succession with your shot.

19. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I dunno, just like in resurrection, I stick to laser only. I would switch to shot in res when I go into bullet cancel mode but that would be it. Guess I'm using laser only in this game also.

20. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I actually think the reason may be related to switching on and off your weapons. The laser has massive piercing power, meaning it doesn't need to blast through enemies to get to those behind it. This would mean that you are offing more enemies than you want to, which may early out your chain, tanking your score.