Universal DoDonPachi Blissful Death (by CAVE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 8, 2012.

1. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Hi Vally..is the Wait Control option a toggle button that slows everything down? How much slower does the game/bullets run with this option?

2. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    I don't know about the droprate, but I got mine pretty easily.

No, you don't need the banishing broom. At least I didn't. My point is, you DON'T need powerful setups for good scoring. Grinding on hard is another matter, but I got on with it without IAPs pretty well.

3. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    well, if you read what other people says on forums you would see that drop rates of some stuff were really annoying for many people and if you get yours easily than lucky, what should i say. and banishing broom is not for power, it decreases the drop rate of the counter in hyper mode and it is great for scoring so yes you need it.

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I think Cave's games are great, but I'm a bit Cave'd out I'm afraid. Also I'd be a lot happier with an iPad version (with higher rez graphics). I think I'm going to pass on this one for a change.

5. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Well, tough s**t, just buy Resurrection and Lucky Charm then. After those you can farm anything you want on any level. Is that so scandalous? :D

6. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Thank you very much for the gameplay video, Sanuku! I want this so much more now...

7. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #68 GoofyJmaster., Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
    I'm a big fan of Cave and I truly loved Bug Princess--favorite cave game so far. However, I think their dynamic rule came to a slight end a week ago when Int13 released their shmup.

However, Cave is more bullet hell, so if that's what you like then cave will always rule supreme--unless you're a fanboy (not calling any1 out). Me, I hold no loyalty to any developer and rate them all on their last game. I will however support devs who are pushing boundaries or just making fun games. I will also be a fan, but never a fanboy. If you see me arguing about a game, it's about the game itself and its merits (or lack of).

Personally, I'm a bit bullet hell'd out myself, but I will be getting this game tonight because I truly expect it to be good/fun.

8. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    No, slowdown still only triggers in busy areas. It's simply whether you want the game to slow down at all or not. :)

This game is still very very difficult to be scoring on. Chaining is still reliant on strict positioning and perfect timing, so you hardcore scorers are going to have fun with this... I'm already getting frustrated at the giant hole in my stage one score simply because I missed a split second perfect positioning.

Irritatingly, there is a control bug when playing on iPad. I've had the shot/laser toggle not working at all when I've needed it, and when precision is key, this is totally unacceptable.

I've also had the toggle keep randomly happening, which has completely broken a 1000+ chain, once again - unacceptable.

I would put this down to being Cave's worst port yet. The game itself however is accurately emulated.

9. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    You're talking about Shogun, right? If so, I still haven't tried that out. I have to do that sometime soon.

10. RCranium666

RCranium666 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Hey, will this game work on Iphone4 or Ipad1?:confused:

11. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Honestly, I find too many of this type of game (most of Cave's shooters, Shogun, etc.) lack the personality necessary to grab me and make me want to play. I'd quite like to see Jamestown come to iOS, on that note.

12. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #73 GoofyJmaster., Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
    Yeah... so... um...
    I've really enjoyed playing that game. I haven't been able to dedicate a ton of time to it due to the amount of releases, but when I play it's fun as hell. There's so much variation in each level and it's not just about finding the right spot to dodge a billion bullets.

You get to try the first level for free then buy the others through a one time IAP purchase of $2.

The only thing is that it has a different control scheme that takes time to get used to, but works wonderfully once you get the hang of it. they're also implementing a secondary control scheme in the next update.

I highly recommend it to any shmup fan!

Yeah, Jamestown looks awesome. I would love to see that ported over as well. I wonder if the devs think it won't do them much good porting?!?

IMO, Shogun is pure shmup fun with a tactical side that I very, very much enjoy.

13. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    well i bought the charm but it has nothing to do with the topic of the discussion.

14. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Oh, what was it about then? Seriously?

15. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    On another note, how does the icon look like?

16. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    More scoring information!

Difficulty does NOT directly affect scoring this time. If you're aiming for a single loop clear, you can play on Normal perfectly fine. However...

Once you get the clear and the ending, a message pops up.

"It's not over yet, clear on HARD or above, with other requirements..."

I believe that's a 2-loop run requirement. :)

17. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Oh please god, just don't let it be the bees again.

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    DAMNIT!! Sucks to hear that...

Hope they fix it quickly... luckily I'll still be able to play on my 4th gen... but yeah... unacceptable for Cave... especially with them (at least in almost all the vids I've seen of them playing their games...) playing on iPads... you'd think they'd catch something like that... oO

19. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Taken from the Wikipedia for the arcade version:

There are 5 stages per loop. The second loop becomes available if the player completes the first loop and satisfies one of the following requirements:

Loses at most 2 lives

Uses less than 3 bombs

Collects all 10 bees in at least 3 stages. The bees in each stage must be collected without dying.

If the player then defeats the regular stage 2-5 boss, the true final boss of the game, Hibachi, appears.