Universal DoDonPachi Blissful Death (by CAVE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 8, 2012.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Nice... So you can buy your way up the leader board... Fail.

Hope this doesn't spread...

2. D_Nowitzki

D_Nowitzki Guest

Yeah, if Cave were smart they would disable the ability to post to the leaderboards if someone used these cheats.

3. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    tl;db

too lame; don't buy

“Evasion Support” makes evading easier by making the ship’s core visible, while “Shot Boost (LV1)” starts you out with a more powerful weapon. “Mobility Delay” slows down the ship’s speed while using the laser. “Laser Boost (LV1)” starts you out with a boost on your laser. “Stock Up (+2)” starts you out two additional ships. Finally, “Bomb Up (+1)” lets you start with an extra bomb.

The following are customization add-ons that you have to pay for:

・BEE LICENSE $4.99
    Lets you advance to the second round.

・COLLECTOR‘S EYE $2.99
    Makes the bee items visible.

・REDUCE $1.99
    Makes the hit area of your ship smaller.

・SHOT BOOST $0.99
    Lets you start the game with a boost on your regular weapon. (Level 2 and above. Increases one level)

・LASER BOOST $0.99
    Lets you start the game with a boost on your laser. (Level 2 and above. Adds one level)

・HYPER CHARGE $0.99
    Increases the speed of the Hyper weapon. (Level 1 and above. Increases one level)

・STOCK UP $0.99
    Lets you start the game with two additional ships. (Level 2 and above. Increases one level)

・BOMB UP $0.99
    Lets you start the game with an additional bomb. (Level 2 and above. Increases one level)

・COMBO TIME $1.99
    Adds more time to the combo metre.# (Level 1 and above. Increases one level)

You can also buy the game with all customization options included for $17. Since the update will be on discount until the 15th, if you buy it before then, you’ll be able to pick it up for $12.

4. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Looks like the DLC feature has successfully invaded the app games.

5. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Yeah, its sad, especially since game already costs alot. But looks like they are still not happy with money they get.

6. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Definitely NOT DLC, as there's no real content being added... Just IAPs for cheats. Sad... I don't even wanna think about it, but I can't stop wondering if they're going to add this type of system to their other titles...

I thought that their mobile side wasn't suffering?

7. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I hope there's a separate leaderboard.. My image of Cave keeps going down.. Didn't mind too much after a while..but wasn't too thrilled with the IAP in Deathsmiles.. Then now this... =/

8. TenOnez

TenOnez Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    I don't know how to feel about this. I mean, Cave is a business, I understand, but the whole game is about the challenge and getting better... And these games are definitely not cheap.

I'll still play and enjoy the game though.

9. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #209 eev, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
    wow, if buying the cheats still let you participate at leadeboards than it's really f up, especially if they gonna add this to other games.

10. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    I highly doubt they'd roll out a separate leaderboard for the cheaters. I mean, the reason they introduce those DLC is because they badly need some money to keep their business running, so if they separate the leaderboards, who's gonna buy the DLC? That kills the point of bringing DLC.

The only thing we can do is to tweet them saying it's not cool at all and we as their fans feel disappointed by their greed. I'd keep supporting their games if they separate the DLC leaderboard, otherwise I won't buy any more Cave games unless they're on sale and certainly won't recommend them to my friends again.

11. TheStark

TheStark Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2011
    ^This. First they put that disgusting OpenFeint bar with ads in the games that cost from $5 to $10, and now this!? It's ridiculously disgusting and disrespectful to their fan base. I know they need money and they're trying new ways make some profit, but I'm 100% that IAPs are not the right solution (Saturday Morning RPG being a great example).

12. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    I tweeted them. I really liked this with the cave games. Pay once (even if $4+) and get no damn freemium, banners, DLC, iAP etc.
    Hope they will respond to their community. This DLC thing is killing the whole mobile gaming scene. I dont remember the last game I bought except BG2.
    Ah right it was Angry birds in space (painfull buggy and full of DLC...)

13. TheStark

Dec 27, 2011
    Four of their games have that disgusting OpenFeint bar with ads and old news on the start screen.

14. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I really dont think they're doing all these things to alienate their fan base, its just the reality of the appstore economy.

Clearly not even charging "premium" prices its working for them because of their games being very niche. I laugh at the notion of 5 - 10 bucks being premium pricing but then again, its the reality of an appstore thats brutal to devs.

I honestly think that greed is not playing a part here, im pretty sure that premium prices on games with smartphone and arcade modes without banners and ads was the original plan of the guys at Cave, its a real shame that didnt work that way and they've had to test different alternatives.

15. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Well, as for a separate leaderboard..I hope they make the ship customization as their "lazy smartphone" mode and have a separate leaderboard. They do have separate leaderboards for the iphone mode for ESP2 & DDPR.

16. D_Nowitzki

D_Nowitzki Guest

17. TheStark

Dec 27, 2011
    #217 TheStark, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  18. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Wow, thank you so much Stark! Those endless hours, those sleepless nights, toiling away, constantly being ignored, and shut down... Thank you. Thank you for your never-ending commitment to the enjoyment and sheer moral unity of the Cave clan... :rolleyes:

Anyway...

Glad theyre keeping a separate board.

19. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    cave wrote back

nothing new, but confirmed.

20. TheStark

Dec 27, 2011
    Why the sarcasm?