Universal DoDonPachi Blissful Death (by CAVE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 8, 2012.

1. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    If its like Bug Princess 1 & 2, you can get unlimited continues after the 9th one.

2. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Is there no Maniac or Ultra mode in this game?

Also, can we play per stage for high score like Bug Princess?

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
  4. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    So in a way this has less content than Bug Princess 2 then? I know they have 2 ships + 3 pilots + 3 different endings so those probably even things out a bit?

Just finished it on hard, now hell awaits. I can see this to be the game I'll play most on bus / train since it's possibly the simplest cave game and doesn't look too much like 'adult anime' ;)

5. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Anyone? It's just one extra tap but it'll save time to skip it altogether if we play it often (and since there's no restart, we must go all the way back to the beginning everytime we want to start over).

6. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I guess...

but yeah, the 3 different endings, along with the second loop helps even things out a bit.

At first, I didn't really care for it, but the more I play it, the more I enjoy it, even though I'm just playing for survival, not for score. Maybe once I know the levels a bit more, I'll be able to start playing for score, but I suck at DonPachi games... so I'm not going to hold my breath.

Still though, it's Cave, and definitely worth picking up. Especially if you want a challenge with a very straight forward scoring system - Chain, and don't die. =oP

7. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    @syntheticvoid: I did pick it up yesterday. Finished the game on Hard, only Hell to go. I'm a newcomer too bullet hell and only play for survival too, but still I have heaps of fun :)

8. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    congrats! =oP

You should join the Bullet Hell Fanatics Group - http://forums.toucharcade.com/group.php?groupid=492 - loads of info, weekly competitions... great members. =o)

Anywho, I really think DDPBD is one of the better Cave games to get if you're new to the genre. Yes, it's probably one of the hardest Cave games when it comes to scoring, as chaining is VERY hard to get right... but in terms of bullet patterns, if just playing for survival, I think it's one of the easier Cave titles.

9. beast_skillz_86

beast_skillz_86 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Which DDP should i get? Is there a specific order?

10. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #190 syntheticvoid, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
    pretty sure it goes

1. DonPachi
    2. DoDonPachi
    3. DoDonPachi II
    4. DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou (Blissful Death)
    5. DoDonPachi Dai-Fukkatsu (Resurrection)
    6. DoDonPachi Sai Daioujou (To Be Released - Spring 2012 - I think... could already be released for all I know)

11. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    I keep hearing different things about the difficulty, some say ESPII and DDPR are the hardest (I guess they mean the scoring mechanic), some say Bug Princess 2. Which do you think is the hardest one in terms patterns?

I've only got Bug Panic, Bug Princess 1, Dodonpachi BD and Bug Princess 2. I love all of them equally, but feel that DDP BD is indeed on the easy side (for survival) compared to Larsa. Bug Panic can be frustrating to perfect, but it's the only 'unique' title which is different from anything else. BP1 got me into typical bullet hell (never into that before) so it has a special place for me :)

12. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    hmm... in terms of patterns - speed + amount of bullets + complexity of the patterns, I'd say BP2. I think ESPGaluda only gets difficult with the patterns if you're going for a high-score, as the bullets multiply, and fly right at you in huge groups. But if you're just going for survival, ESPGaluda is more... mid-difficulty. I think DDPR has some very complex patterns, especially in the later stages... and it doesn't really matter if you're going for score or not, it's going to be difficult... So... hmm... alright. In terms of Survival with the bullets patterns, not going for score...

Bug Princess 2
    DoDonPachi Resurrection
    Deathsmiles
    Bug Princess 1
    ESPGaluda II
    DoDonPachi Blissful Death

I'm gauging all of those based on their hardest difficulties, and it's just my personal opinion. I'm pretty sure others will disagree, and I really think it just depends on how you play, and go after enemies... which patterns you're completely comfortable with, and which ones totally wreck your concentration.

As for Bug Panic... I love it. I'd put it above DDPR on hard mode... hell, even on normal, that last boss puts up one hell of a fight.

Anywho... hope that helps... a little... =oP

13. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Nice to see Synthetic representin'. ;)

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =oP

I do what I can.

15. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    I'd say Deathsmiles and DDP BD are the easiest (I know a few people who said Deathsmiles is easier), but as you said, the order is different for everyone, though in general it's more or less the same, eg. BP2 on top, Deathsmiles / DDP BR on bottom.

16. beast_skillz_86

beast_skillz_86 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    DDP BR? lol blissful ressurection :p

17. sharpener

sharpener Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Musician
    Kowloon, Hong Kong
    im surprised this one doesnt have a hd port lols

18. TenOnez

TenOnez Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Got up to Stage 3 or 4 until I had to use a credit on Hard difficulty. Everytime I put down the game, I end up watching a video of someone else playing a Cave game and jump back into it all over again.

19. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    I usually get to Stage 4 on Hard before using a credit, but yeah stage 4 seems to have a high jump of difficulty.

20. D_Nowitzki

D_Nowitzki Guest