Documents To Go

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by starjimstar, May 16, 2009.

1. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Where is it? That's what I want to know. Since Quickoffice has turned their Mobile Documents app into a lite version of yet another new app (making the previous lite version some sort of super-lite version) I have given up on them entirely. I am impatiently waiting to see what Dataviz comes up with. The last email I got from Dataviz claimed it would be in the App Store by "early to mid May." Early to mid May has come and gone (well, okay so they have a few more hours to go before I can call them liars.)

2. odelay

odelay Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    I thought it might be out when I saw this thread title :(

I too am getting frustrated with them. Why do these companies insist on secrecy like this. How about being a little more open, and give us something concrete to go on? All we're asking is for "the app has finished beta testing and will be submitted to Apple on such and such a day" or "app has been submitted for approval and should be available in the next two weeks". Devs should all take note of WebIS's honesty and openess with their Pocket Informant app. That's how to communicate with customers. Dataviz seems to be under the impression that their methods generate excitement when, IMO it just generates frustration amoungst potential customers.

3. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    #3 organerito, May 16, 2009
    Last edited: May 16, 2009
    I agree with you.

I haven't bought Quickoffice because I am waiting for DTG. I am waiting because I have read that is going to have spelling correction. We'll be able to create Powerpoint and we will be able to edit office 2003 and 2007 documents.

4. iGewappnet

iGewappnet Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Mainz, Germany
    Spelling correction and support for 2007 documents are announced for the next version of Quickoffice and I am pretty sure this will come out soon - at least the first update with support for mailing of the files came out shortly after they had announced it. But I doubt you will see PowerPoint support in Quickoffice soon, so I am also interested if DocumentsToGo will manage to do this.

5. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I have QuickOffice, but it needs some inprovements. I might get this one whe it comes out.

6. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

I'm frustrated. I too have been waiting for the May release. So I saw this thread and thought the app was out. Dang it!