Document Editing Apps

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Justinm59, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Justinm59

Justinm59 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Are there any apps the let you edit word, powerpoint or excel documents?
    Or Pages, keynote, and numbers?

2. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    #2 Chase, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
    Hmmmm... you can't edit anything but text docs, but I have an app called TextGuru and it's really a great app. It even includes it's own copy/paste method that works quite well, and a landscape keyboard. And, if you're a web-designer, you can even preview websites.

It has a downloadable server for your computer (Mac, Windows, and Linux too) that you can transfer docs to the app and can at least view them with it. But I've copied html files, text files, etc. and edited them in-app.

And they have promised future document editing like you talk about later on, but it works well for me for now and is worth the $5. I just copy and paste the text into a Word doc when I'm done. I actually wrote a 3 page paper with it.

They've talked about a few other features, too, like downloading sites as the source code... a ton of other features too that I can't remember right now.

But that's what I use. You could probably find something else in the store, but I like this.

It actually works as a landscape email editor, too, as you can email the text to any address which opens up in the email app.

3. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    let me get this straight? textguru you write in the coding and u can preview it and save it?

4. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes

I haven't used any myself but I do see them from time to time on the AppShopper feed. If no one here has used and can recommend a document editing app then goto the Business section in the iTunes store. I know that there are some in there. I'd read the listing descriptions and reviews carefully as the options for editing can be limited.

5. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    With a webpage? Uh-huh. It has a built-in web preview.

6. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    HTML? Awesome!!! I'll wait for Rolando and I'll use my $15 gift car on these two apps.

7. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    If you want I can take a screenshot of an example, too.

8. Caltsar

Caltsar Active Member

Documents to Go ( http://www.dataviz.com/ ) is on its way to the app store, and will hopefully be out soon. This is what you will be looking for. I don't know price or release date, sorry.

9. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    They used to make things for Palm, which means it'll probably be $25 and won't sell, then they'll drop it to $9.99.

10. QWK SVT

QWK SVT Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Not really... There are a few spreadsheet editors, but reviews haven't been good. I'm anxiously waiting on Documents To Go (from Dataviz), but there's no release date, yet - just a website that says "coming soon"

I'd post a link, but I'm on my iPhone right now (no copy and paste), which really is a prerequisit for document editting :(

11. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

I wouldn't put it past Apple to release a Mobile Pages application at MacWorld in January.
    That's total speculation. But you know Apple is going to release some cool new software for the iPhone at Macworld. Here's to hoping Apple will have the mobile counterpart to iWork.

12. johnjohanson

johnjohanson New Member

Dec 12, 2008
    keynote even with limied editing would be awesome, even more with a tv out cable :eek:

13. odelay

odelay Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    QuickOffice is also developing a premium version of MobileFiles (their current iPhone app for viewing docs stored on MobileMe). Again, no word on release date or price.

http://www.quickoffice.com/iphone/

14. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    that would be nice. :)