Do You Want Multiplayer or Campaign? VOTE!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Rasterman, Sep 24, 2010.

?

Do you want multiplayer or campaign mode?

1. I want multiplayer!

59 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. I want a campaign mode!

64 vote(s)
    52.0%
  1. Infamous97

Infamous97 Well-Known Member

Both

I choose both. Desgin an app with a good story story like Oblivion(xbox) and have a online game mode like CoD MW2.

2. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    Add multiplayer to LASW, its a hardcore title, not compared to most of the other RTS on the platform. Give the hardcore what they want, multiplayer. I stopped playing it because of the lack of multiplayer, I don't care about campaign, thats what other games are for. Most campaigns for RTS are pretty bad because you have to have a story, and that is a pain in the butt.

So yeah, thats my two cents.

3. KDR_11k

KDR_11k Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    The next patch is adding T1 AA structures so air spam should be more stoppable.

4. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    That doesn't make a difference, air is overpowered during the entire game

5. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Now that Gamecenter provides you the servers for multiplayer, its no longer as costly to include as it used to be. Personally I prefer campaign first and then multiplayer. Get them both ;)

6. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Damn the multiplayer votes are getting higher...just delete the poll, campain won:D
    And yes rasterman maby you should add anti air guns.....land, sea or air units, should all be desame in terms of power. And maby add experimental units just as in supreme commander?

7. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I prefer the campaign...never played multiplayer (on the iphone)

8. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Campaign, please! Multiplayer is fun, but I don't know anyone else with LASW! Also, I have an iPod Touch, so online would be pretty worthless to me. A campaign, especially one that slowly introduces new elements and discusses the strategies in each, would make the game easier to get into for newbs and would break the game's sense of repetition.

9. Rasterman

Rasterman Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Game Monger
    Tampa, FL
    No problem, that should only take a year or two lol. Oblivion probably only had a budget of 10million+ with 50-100 people working 5 years 60-80 hours per week on it. And CoD, I'm sure its budget was even higher.

I dialed down all air units, and beefed up ground units to help balance the game more. The main problem was since all of the air units are very fast and have good range, their DPS was too high for those major advantages.

10. GCC

GCC Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Campaign.

Ive played through the uncharted campaign about 8 times and the COD 4 campaign 4 times.

11. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Ugh rts campaigns are so whatever. Having GC multiplayer would get you a lot more sales and you'd get a spot on the game center page on iTunes! Isnt that enough incentive for you?! You could have a campaign as an IAP later on

12. Borgqueenx

Feb 1, 2010
    #32 Borgqueenx, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
    Argh 42 - 42 :p
    @kushykush: no campains attract newbies and therefore more sales. Multiplay also attracts people, but they can write bad reviews if they dont like multiplayer because they suck in it.

Both are good to add, but a campain should go first:)

13. KDR_11k

Jun 4, 2010
    Personally I'm not fond of RTS campaigns because they usually forget to constrain the player properly in a non-artificial (time limit) way. I'd be happy enough with a set of scenarios (more or less situations that continue into a regular match) to play through to see some of the options I wouldn't regularly use.

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    definitely campaign first

15. Rasterman

May 10, 2010
    Game Monger
    Tampa, FL
    Wow, I'm surprised the voting came out so close with it being mostly hardcore players on these forums. If the poll was of non-forum going people (more casual players) I would guess the results would favor campaigns don't you think? Adding a campaign is going to be much easier than getting multiplayer working in a manner that players here would appreciate.

I was thinking about campaign mission types yesterday, if anyone has any input please post or if you prefer email your ideas to [email protected]

16. Rasterman

May 10, 2010
    Game Monger
    Tampa, FL
    What do you mean by this? You say they forget to constrain you in a time limit, which means you want a time limit? But then you say you'd be happy with scenarios that continue to a normal match, which wouldn't be time limited correct?

17. Borgqueenx

Feb 1, 2010
    #37 Borgqueenx, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
    Done:D i sure hope that campain will be epic :)
    some more ideas not in that idea list i send to you:
    some more music and different sound effects will be cool :)
    I got some free quality music if interested, that is totally free to use since i own it(i was leader of a programming team some time ago and had music composed for my now-abandoned projects). But i do require credits somewhere for the hard work of those composers.
    Tell me ;)

18. KDR_11k

Jun 4, 2010
    Constrain as in putting pressure on you, in a skirmish you cannot afford to sit back, tech up and make a mega unit as your first combat unit because you'll be up to your ears in enemy raider troops. You cannot afford to build one or two units once in a while as your money count ticks up because the enemy army will grow in size and if you don't keep building you'll be facing a legion with a single tank. You can't afford spending money on teching all the time because you'll be greeted by an invasion before your expensive T3 research finishes. You cannot cover everything in the most expensive defenses because by the time you could afford that your base is already blasted into rubble three times over. RTS campaigns that don't put pressure on the player are boring, then it's just building an army at your own pace and just crushing whatever opposition was pre-placed on the map and if you lose your army you just make another one.

19. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Multiplayer!!!!! :3

20. DaDramaLlama

DaDramaLlama Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Eliminate Waitingville
    Have you guys stopped supporting this game?