Do you use a stylus?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by HarryWarden, May 1, 2015.

1. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    i used to just use my finger but ever since getting a microfiber stylus pack from an Amazon Prime seller I can't imagine going back to just using my finger. A stylus works better for point and click type games too, such as Perils of Man and Broken Age.

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    You know---I should probably use mine more. Got a Note 3 phone but use it sparingly at best. When I have used it, I dig it but just don't think about it too often. Now that you brought it up I think I'm gonna use it more often! It IS better for point & clicks but also for shmups. It's way more precise and it's good for making lists/notes/stuff to do, etc. also! Thanks for waking me up to that!:D

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Using a stylus for quite a while already, helps a lot to ease my RSI problems.
    I already went through a few of these:
    http://www.trust.com/en/all-products/17741-stylus-pen--black

They are cheap, so I don't mind that my kid killed one and from another the tip fell off when I dropped it.
    Note that both times it's still useable: my son managed to tear a hole in the rubber tip, but that doesn't impact use in any way. For the other, I just need to find my metal glue and put the tip back in.
    I always remove the clip because I find irritating. With this model, you can just screw the top off, take the clip out and put the top on again. Most other stylus have it non-removable.

Stylus is great for tapping, like in strategy games or things like Baldur's Gate / Icewind Dale. Not so good for games with virtual joysticks or where you need to drag e.g. for a gesture to cast a spell.

The only negative thing I can say about my Trust stylus is that they are a bit thin for my large hands. If I use them for longer than an hour or so, my hand sometimes cramps.
    I have bigger ones with a larger diameter on my shopping list for quite a while already, but did not see them live anywhere yet for trying them out first. Like these two for example:
    http://www.just-mobile.eu/ipad/alupen-1.html
    http://www.trust.com/nl-nl/all-products/19554-crayon-kids-stylus

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Got a Kuel H10 when I started playing Draw Something, its a great little collapsible stylus, and I still use it occasionally for doodling.

It also works very well for SHMUPS or games where you move yourself around as it doesn't block the view so much.

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I do like the fact that my tablet (a Nvidia Shield Tablet) comes with a stylus, it's pretty great for playing Hearthstone among other things!

Attached Files:

6. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    The stylus on my Note 12.2 tablet is brilliant for the first time I can actually draw properly on a machine, I do have a few capacitive stylus's as well but they aren't really a lot better than your finger.

The nice thing about the S-Pen is you can have pen only mode and only the pen effects the screen and the 12.2 is a nice big drawing canvas.

7. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Heck ya, I use a stylus for SHMUPS and other games where my finger might block my view. I was thinking of making a game list for these types of games.

8. Alduin1600

Alduin1600 Active Member

May 4, 2015
    You know, I tried to use a STylus on my tablet for the longest time, but it just felt wrong. But on my 3ds I use a stylus just fine. idk what's up with that :/

9. voldemort-senpai

voldemort-senpai New Member

May 6, 2015
    I'm your senpai.
    I only use a stylus for art apps on my iPad; the rest of the time, not so much.