Do you own an iPod Touch or iPhone?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by The Game Reaper, Dec 21, 2008.

?

iPhone or iPod touch?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2009.
  1. I have an iPod touch

74.2%
  2. I have an iPhone

25.8%
  1. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Just wondering who has an iPod or iPhone...
    I have a touch :D

2. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Interesting poll. ;)
    I had an ipotch first but when the iPhone 3G came out in Sweden I bought it instead.

3. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    iPod Touch.
    In fact, I won it when betatesting for a Pocket PC developer (Windows Mobile platform). He is planning to start developing for the iPlatform and wanted his loyal PPC testers to stay with him. So he sent out a handful of 1st gen 8 GB iPod Touch's!

4. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
  5. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Then I'll vote there as well! :D

(Difference is, in this current topic you can click on the amount of votes to see WHO voted for WHICH OPTION. :) )

6. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Oh yeah
    Just another n00b mistake :( loll

7. AndyL

AndyL Well-Known Member

iPod touch owner right here!

8. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    I have an iPod but I'm thinking about getting an iPhone. Wifi isn't cutting it for me...

9. I like my Touch more than I would an iPhone. Its slimmer, so there is more room for my wad of cash in my pocket ;)

10. The Lab

The Lab Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Utah
    I was an iPod Touch owner since I got it for free with the purchase of my iMac. Then I started running into the predicament of wanting the Internet at all times, didn't want to carry a phone and an iPod Touch in my pocket, and I wanted to be able to not have to carry headphones around... so the iPhone solved those problems for me.

11. 2g Touch owner- I don't have that problem either.

12. ficbot

ficbot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    I don't use my phone enough for it to be worth having an iPhone. My dad, my friends, everyone uses email these days. The only people who ever phone me are on of my sisters who lives in another city (in which case the phone call is usually pre-arranged) or my mother, who still is not in the digital age. So for me, an iPhone would not be worth it, I have my regular cell phone (no landline) for emergencies and my iPod Touch to replace a plethora of music/ebook/game/PDA devices that I used to have to carry separately :) Everything but the phone is all on one device, my iPod Touch! I am a little sorry I did not buy a bigger one but I still have 3 gigs remaining so I should be okay.

13. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Ipod Touch.
    While it would be nice to have internet access at all times, not sure I can condone the ongoing contract (here in Canada, there is no competition so it's way too expensive in my opinion), and at least when I'm out, I pay attention to my wife. :)

14. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    iPod touch and I plan on getting a blackberry soon :)

15. Maeks

Maeks Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I have a Touch, but there's a certain coolness factor with the iPhone. I find myself going to Softbank (In Japan) stores just to play around with it. Sad really.

Then again, with the Touch, I don't have to pay $70 a month. But in all seriousness, I have been thinking of getting a new phone, and the iPhone is very, very pretty. But all common sense tells me that it isn't worth it since the Touch is essentially the same thing.

16. rootbeersoup

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    same dilemma. But I decided I'm getting a Blackberry instead. Above all else, I'm not limited to AT&T

17. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Another plus with having a different phone is that you can play games on your Touch, without killing your battery!
    I can't imagine how quickly an iPhone battery must run out of juice if you're playing games, 3g...
    It would just seem that every iPhone user who actually uses the iPhone must recharge ATLEAST once per day, and if not, is basically saving the phone for calls...
    Come on iPhone users, admit it! ;)

18. rootbeersoup

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    That is actually one of my main concerns. Really sucks too since I would absolutely love having the all-in-one device

19. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I hear ya.
    It really is great to have an all-in-one device, but if you can't really feel free to use them all whenever you want, then is an all-in-one really the way to go?

20. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I ain't paying over $50 for a phone. No friggin' way. Call me cheap, but that's where I draw the line. I friggin' hate cell phones anyway.

Remember that whole "They [expletive deleted] you with the cell phones!" routine in the last Lethal Weapon movie?

Yeah...I'm with Joe Pesci's Leo on this one.

I have an iTouch and a cheap ass GoPhone. Put my minutes on it, and pay no mind. Emergencies only, really. Barely use it. If you can't reach me by e-mail or at my office phone, then sucks to be you.