iPad Do you like Tap Tap Revenge 1 or 2?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vikram, Mar 7, 2009.

?

Do you like Tap Tap Revenge 1 or 2?

1. Tap Tap Revenge

17.6%
  2. Tap Tap Revenge 2

82.4%
  3. Tap Tap Revenge

17.6%
  4. Tap Tap Revenge 2

82.4%
  1. Vikram

Vikram Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Personally, I liked the first Tap Tap Revenge better.

2. Chaplin

Chaplin Active Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Vienna, Austria
    I like them both, but the laggy and sometime almost unplayable gameplay of the first one really pissed me off. I think TapTap Revenge 2 does have some lag too, but not as much as the first one, which makes it much more enjoyable!

3. Ecko7123

Ecko7123 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    number 2 would be better if it didnt flash lights at you the whole time

4. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    The first one plays smoother, but #2 is a lot better, even if you have to deal with some lag. I wish tap tap 2 would have a "classic graphics" mode where it doesn't cause seizures, because whenever I play, I feel kinda dizzy and I am sure the flashing lights are what cause the lag.

5. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    i personally love all the lights and spectrum stuff, but it just doesn't run as smoothly its kinda laggy, the first one ran so smooth....but i still go for 2 it has an amazing song selection compared to the first

6. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Anyone who says it's too flashy probably hasn't played Tap Tap Dance because I found the transition quite nice. It could be a lot smoother than it is currently (TTD was very smooth mostly), I like the songs on TTR2 as well, TTR1 didn't have many expert tracks, and that's all I play.

7. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    I like TTR2 for it's great amount of songs and difficulty. But it seems kinda laggy. Can't get a full combo on any song even if I could, without lagging that is.

8. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I prefer TTR2 but it is pretty laggy. Out of the whole Tap Tap series my favourite would be TTD just because the graphics are great and it doesn't lag at all.

By the way on the Tapulous Blog they said that they have "wrapped up work on Tap Tap Revenge 2.01, which will crash a lot less!" I hope this cleans up the lagging too.

9. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I like TT1 a bit better. Ignoring TT2's lag for the moment since I'm sure an update is on it's way, it's just too flashy

10. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    i like ttr2's flashes..

11. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

12. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    No.

Somebody had to say it :) Just not my thing personally--but I still keep #2 installed (higher number = better?) in the hopes that I will one day learn to appreciate the genre. After all, it wasn't easy to win me over to tower defense, which I really enjoy now. Maybe musical dots will grow on me.

13. Forerunnerz

Forerunnerz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    +1 .

14. iPodTouchApplication

iPodTouchApplication Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    whoever says tap tap original is better is out of there mind. They are the same thing except '2' has better background, better songs, and a better layout

15. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Lag? What lag? My framerate on ttr2 is as smooth as butter. I wish there was a direct link to the chat rooms though... I'm thekickassguy.

16. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    TTR2 has WAY better graphics and I like some of the songs on there like No Stars over Bethlahelm or somethinf like it

17. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I like TT2 more solely because of the feedback you receive when touching. I hated how it did nothing when you tapped on TT1, but now a little sort of halo lights up around your finger, which i think helps out.

18. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

From the latest blog post @ tapulus, some interesting download stats for TTR2:

WOW! No wonder they are having server issues!

Anyway, on topic, I prefer the graphics in TTR2 and the UI is tidied up a bit. My fav thing is the new controls (tap+hold, multi-taps, shake to Revenge etc), which add some depth to the gameplay - multi-taps require more co-ordination etc.

Tapulus has added loads of songs but the majority of them are pretty generic rock/alternative tracks. Its not really a benefit over the original cos i don't want to play most of these tracks! I wish there was more variety, more genres represented (or a more even track list) with some Blues, Soul, Funk, Jazz, Latin, World and sub-genres like Blues-Rock, Southern-Rock etc.

My other annoyance is that you can't sort the download section listings by artist, genre name, date etc.

I voted for TTR2 anyway!:D

19. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Shake to Revenge was in the original game too. Took me a while to figure out that it was, but it is. 8x multiplier once activated, and the backgrounds and balls take on a blueish hue.

One of the reasons I've yet to delete the original game. As more and more updates come, however, I'm sure TTR2 will become more wide ranging in music genres.

20. mason.™

mason.™ Member

Mar 7, 2009
    School.
    In AMERICA.
    I like the first one better. It has better music.