Do you guys think real gamers will embrace the app store and itouch

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Stirolak26, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I still play old games and have been gaming on PC for a long time. The consoles are what got old for me, not the games. :rolleyes:

2. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
  3. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #23 dumaz1000, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
    If you mean "hardcore" gamers, then no. Because the appstore isn't an enivornment that readily supports hardcore games. You get what you pay for and hardcore gamers generally want more than what the vast majority of iDevice games have to offer. They want the level of polish and amount of content that you cannot hope to recieve unless you are willing to pay top dollar. A true, honestly legitimate console quality game is going to cost a console quality price. It's as simple as that. If a hardcore gamer seeks a console-quality experience from his gaming, then he's never going to find it here.

When it comes to the appstore, too many overly simplistic and/or extremely casual .99c "mini-game" apps have essentially spoiled the bunch.

If you are a dedicated gamer and you are looking for God of War, or Gears of War, or a full-fledged Call of Duty, you are not going to find it here, because iDevice owners would not be willing to pay a reasonable price for it. Developers like Epic already know this ahead of time, so we are never going to see it.

EA is selling their games off for 4.99 a piece these days. What do you think most major, multi-console devs think when they see that? They think "screw that, I'm not selling my stuff at that ridiculous price, so I'm just going to take my games to some other another platform and not even bother with apple."

Without the true support of hardcore developers, hardcore gamers will never follow.

It all comes down to exactly what you mean when you say "real" gamers though.

4. Scaramoosh

Scaramoosh Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    First there needs to be that killer app for gamers to care, so far there hasn't been one. As soon as the app store gets it's Half-Life, COD, Halo, WoW, Starcraft etc etc. then it'll pick up.

5. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    I'm a dedicated gamer who laughs a lot at what some "hardcore" gamers have to say...

6. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    That'll never happen.

7. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Well, I'm real. I'm a gamer. I've embraced the app store, and love my 4th gen Touch. (And previously loved my 3rd gen Touch)

Does that help?

8. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    QFT Mwahahahahaha.

9. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    complex western rpgs like baldurs gate, icewind dale, fable, etc. could easily be ported or made for the ipad/iphone though and the controls would work perfectly and graphics are certianly capable on these devices. It would be possibly easier to control than mouse and keyboard and certainly for these genres much better than consoles.

10. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    what killer app does the psp have or the ds for that matter/ They both have a bunch of games in series full of alreay much better games on consoles. Sure the ds has good zeldas for example and psp has metal gear but these games also exist on other consoles with much better version, so whats so killer about those apps? The app store at least has some unique stuff like trainyard that cant really be replicated on another console with the same experience.

11. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Put down your iDevice and play Vanquish!

12. TNT_HEADSHOT

TNT_HEADSHOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Everyone who plays games are real. As far as we know....

13. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
  14. powersurge

powersurge Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    I'm a fairly hardcore all around gamer. Gaming pc (dang you steam sales your building my backlog!), the major consoles and handhelds, as well as an iPod touch 2g(aka The Gateway Drug) and iPad. While I'm still a bit iffy on Playstation Move and Xbox Kinect I love playing certain titles on my iPad. In fact I think the iPad version of Plants vs Zombies is THE version to have! Not all "hardcore" gamers are platform elitists some of us go where the games are :D