Do you fill up your device or carry just what you're playing?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by GatorDeb, Feb 10, 2009.

1. havchr

havchr Active Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I just filled up my with music, so had to go and delete some stuff before I could install more games.

2. I have 3 pages of games, but have another 20-30 on the computer that only go on when I want to play them. The problem with some of the games on my Touch is that I might not want to play them for quite a while- however, removing them will also remove the saved settings which I may not want to lose.
    I really wish we could back up games save data seperately and call on them when we want to put the game back on. Until then, we are forced to keep the game on our device even if we won't play it for another few weeks or months. Silly.

3. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I stick to two pages so far, and they never fill the bottom row of four icons. If there's one space open on each page, I'm fine with it. I dunno, I'm weird with how my pages need to look. Front page are games I'm playing, and second page are things I just wanna hold on to, so if there's some sort of update, I would see it through the app store on the phone. And just to remind me of things I'm trying to remember, like DDR.

...By the way, anyone know what's going on with DDR? I haven't heard anything for a long time.

4. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I have everything on my computer and just sync the apps I really need to my phone.

5. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I've Have filled up my ipod touch to the max twice already WOW!!! and I have less that 7 slots open for apps

6. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    If I brought a game and it turns out terrible then i'll remove it, otherwise it stays on my device because now and again I might have an urge to play it, I have 8gig of space why would I not want to use it?

7. Just what I need. Otherwise, I can't fit all the music, videos, etc.

8. b_o_h_i_c_a

b_o_h_i_c_a Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I'm a pack rat and have all 9 pages filled with one space left open. The 9 page limit frustrates me to no end. It bothers me to delete something I paid money for. I went app crazy when I had tons of empty slots but now I am much more selective which apps I purchase. Which in a roundabout way hurts developers because they are losing out on a potential purchase.

9. TideTime

TideTime Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Just what I'm playing. I like the clean and minimalistic look. That means at max two pages dedicated to games.

10. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I carry more than 148 apps, so if I delete an app and restart my iPhone, I always get something new, lol.

Apple should've given us FOLDERS!!

11. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Over the weekend I cleared three pages of lutes and stuff I never play

12. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I have seven, not completely full, pages. I pretty much keep anything I like on there. I don't know of anything I would sync back on right now.

13. SuperPaperSam

SuperPaperSam Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    I have filled up all pages and this s how i get rid of a few...

Delete ALL lites (unless it's a REALLY good one like lux touch)
    DONT buy any more apps tell you beat the ones you use.
    have only ONE of each type of app (one weather, news, exc)
    once you beat a game all the way DELETE it
    Also try to play one game then beat it then move to the next...

Hope that helps

14. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    LOL What he said.

But I am jailbroken so I keep everything I get. Works out well. Categories is a charm!

15. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    I keep mine filled.

I keep a backlog of games that I've downloaded, but yet to play.

I also keep a watch list of games I want, but have yet to buy.

16. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'm the exact same way. I'm rotating my on-board games probably once every 2-3 days though. I probably add / remove 5-10 games at a time.

17. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    I have a page of yet-to-be-reviewed freebies (through promo codes), a page of favorites, and a page of what I'm playing right now. Everything else I hide. I do carry hundreds of games with me at a time though.

I just noticed I started this thread lol. I thought What a great topic! ;)