Do you always finish games that you buy?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by insats, Nov 28, 2020.

?

How often do you complete a game that you've purchased?

1. I always complete a game if I’ve purchased it, no matter if I like it or not (80%+)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I mostly do (~66%)

30.4%
  3. Meh (~33%)

43.5%
  4. I never finish games (< 20%)

26.1%
  5. Purchase? I’ve mastered the art of playing with ads

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. insats

insats Member

Mar 22, 2020
    Poll time! I’m interested in knowing how many of you tend to always complete a game that you’ve bought. Perhaps you often "try before you buy" and never finish the demo? Or are you the kind that carefully selects each title before committing?

2. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I usually grab premium games with instinct as long as it’s below $20.
    I finish about 1/3 of them, while the other 2/3 are something I don’t even bother to keeping on my devises.

I am kinda leaning towards researching/waiting before buying though, with recent pricey (for mobile) games having many quality issues like bugs, unbalanced mechanics, and the lack of control designed for mobile/removal of the control support that were present on other platforms.

I don’t touch freemium. They are filthy.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I dont finish many games, i'm quite an 'app hoarder' as i buy games week in week out and then start playing those. I do go back to old games but i dont focus on one game to finish it

Rarely touch freemium, second i see a games out and its free i normally avoid. If its free and theres one IAP to remove ad's or unlock the game thats great. Anything else and games with IAP's such as £99.99 for tons of gems etc i avoid 100%, just disgusting to even have those types of IAP's

Enjoying Apple Arcade as it doesnt have any freemium evils

4. insats

insats Member

Mar 22, 2020
    Interesting replies! We made Untold as a free-to-try with a single purchase to unlock the full game. I think the model works very well on iOS but less so on Android (getting some angry reviews from players who missed the fact that you can't play the full game for free). Might be because it says "Free" in Google Play while it says "Install (contains in-app purchases)", or something like that, in App Store. Anyway, I think around a fourth of everyone who's bought our game finishes it, so the poll results seems fairly aligned with my experience.

5. gulorula

gulorula New Member

Dec 10, 2020
    #5 gulorula, Dec 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  6. MarioKartMaster

MarioKartMaster Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I prefer wasting every dollar I earn, so naturally I play games for about 10 minutes and then never play them again.

EpicGamersHub likes this.
  7. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I know this is a gaming forum and all but this sounds a bit irresponsible and you might regret this later. Hopefully it’s just a joke.

8. Petr Thomas

Petr Thomas Active Member

May 25, 2021
    Male
    Digital Marketer
    United Arab Emirates
    So you like to just throw money for games without even playing them to the fullest?

9. Jacob Williams

May 20, 2021
    Male
    Freelancer
    United States
    Last time i completed the total overdose game.
    :):)

10. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    A thousand purchases of my fiscal indiscretions descend upon you. My backlog will blot out the sun!

Then we will game in the shade.

11. Gerson

Gerson Member

Nov 23, 2021
    Male
    I like to complete game achievements, most I complete, when there are impossible achievements I stop...

12. EpicGamersHub

EpicGamersHub New Member

Oct 7, 2022
    Gamer
    USA
    I have a ton of games either never played or didn't finish

Death Stranding(still wrapped in package)
    Titanfall 2(never played).
    Days Gone (played beginning then stopped).
    Uncharted Drake's collection (never played neither of them lol)
    Red Dead Redemption 2 (got deep in the game but never finished)
    Kingdom Hearts 3 (midway in, didn't finish)
    Fallout 4 (deep in game, didn't finish)
    MGS The Phantom Pain (never played)
    GTA V (played but never completed) currently playing

And there's a lot more that I either never played or didn't finish not listed. But there's more that I have played and completed. Like DMC 5, Both Horizon games are completed. Completed Batman games and more. Bare with me lol. Have a lot of work ahead of me!