Do premium games with no iaps still exist?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Darkfyra, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Darkfyra

Darkfyra Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2017
    I want to finish a prepaid card,I have since March with 19 or so left but for some reason,I can’t get anything big because Square Enix was greedy enough to put iap in a ps1 game so the price is stupidly high converted to Canada,I keep checking sales everyday to see nothing worthwhile,last time I saw a true premium was Grim Valor but never played Dark Souls so a bit afraid of it despite how much it look like Castlevania.I Am feeling tired of seeing no neat games around that I could buy,I do have a quite solid collection but with still having money left,I would love to make good use of what’s left of it.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    You must be fussy ! Plenty of great games recently such as Grim Valour, Teslagrad, Hyper Sentinel and others. Do your homework, check out links in the games section, look at youtube videos etc to check the games what you want.

Theres been lots of good games since March !!

squarezero likes this.
  3. Darkfyra

Jan 14, 2017
    It would be helpful if there were more channels for mobile games that don’t throw crappy music at you with no commentary,what I would like to know is how problematic would Grim Valor be with never having played Dark Souls only Rondo of Blood via a PSP compilation,I am more of a rpg player,I value story above all in general though but I don’t mind extending to other genres if there is something neat,but I am not really interested by NES era esthetics so no to Siralim.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Comparisons between Grim Valor and Dark Souls are fairly exaggerated. Think more Castlevania, maybe a bit of DMC.

If you haven’t played it on the 3DS, I would check out Monster Hunter Stories. As psj mentioned, there are many premium games out there right now. A number of them are Steam ports, but there are many originals as well.

5. Darkfyra

Jan 14, 2017
    #5 Darkfyra, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    I did saw some....that were higher than the money I have left(19.21$ cad),it please me that the comparison was exagerated but I’m looking every day for a good sale and for now there is not much,but the holidays are coming so I expect there will be a big sale.Will get Grim Valor though.I also did tried the demo of Monster Hunter Stories and did not liked it much.

6. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Monster Hunter Stories

7. Darkfyra

Jan 14, 2017
    I just said I tried the demo of Monster Hunter Stories and I did not like it but I did bought Grimvalor and it is amazing.If I get a Monster Hunter it will be a real one not one for kids,now I just need to wait the next big sale to finish my remaining funds.

8. ddunham

ddunham Active Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Software Developer
    Tacoma, WA