Do I need to purchase the iPhone Developer Program in order to submit an app?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by abbottie, Jun 30, 2012.

1. #1 abbottie, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
    I currently have a completed iPhone app that a company has developed for me that I wish to submit to the iPhone App Store.

Do I need to purchase the SDK development program in order to submit my application?

If so, I know that the SDK only runs on Macs, is there any way to submit an App as a Windows user?

Seo Services India

2. Moonjump

Moonjump Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Game designer
    Lincoln, UK
    You need to register for the iOS developer program at $99 a year. App submission must be done on a Mac.

3. ReignDesign

ReignDesign Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    iTunes Connect

After signing up with the iTunes Developer Program you'll get access to iTunes Connect. It's a web-based tool which you use to add the description, screenshots etc of your app, so you'll be able to do that from a Windows computer.

When you mark your app as "Ready to Upload Binary", the final step of uploading the app needs to be done from a Mac computer, however your developers will probably be happy to do this step for you if needed, so talk to them about what they'll need for this step.

4. Nick Johnson

Nick Johnson Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Iphone development
    USA
    Its not necessary to purchase the SDK development program, but u have to buy iphone developer membership before submitting your app on Apple store....