iPad Do devs have a ability to port Braid

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Spitfire3775, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Spitfire3775

Spitfire3775 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Earth
    I was watching a vid of Braid and it looks as if this could be ported. What do you think?

2. Blaqkie

Blaqkie Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Well the Devs definitely have the ability, but the problem being is, there if no free source code, and even if they wanted to port it, they would have to get permission from the developers and probably pay those Devs the majority of their income from the App Store.

So the only way you might see that on the App Store would be if the Devs of Braid did it themselves.

3. Midnight Status

Midnight Status Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Braid's an indie game. The question is whether Jonathan Blow has any interest in the iPlatform. There's also a possibility that Microsoft has some interest in the title. When doing XBLA games there are several types of deals a developer can take. Hopefully, Jonathan Blow has complete control of the intellectual property. If so, then it just comes down to his preference.

4. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Could be done easily. He is porting this over to PC and supposedly Mac, and the difficulty of porting from Mac to iPhone is very easy.

I would just prefer him to make a new game though, i have already bought and beat this one on the 360.

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    It all pretty much comes down to choice.