Dizzy Knight - Pixel art monster slayin' action coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kathode, Nov 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    The developer is in talks with a major publisher. So right now things are just paused until that's worked out. He wants to bring the game to as many people as possible and that's understandable. I've sank hours into the beta and I'll tell you I really like the game. You will like it. Hopefully the dev will update everyone here soon.

Billy

2. kathode

kathode Active Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Hey all, sorry for the radio silence. I am still working on the game and still looking forward to getting it out. After a round of beta testing last year and talks with some publishers, it became pretty clear that the game still needed some polish and some rounding out of the feature set. So to that end I'm working on a few new things-

-Endless Mode
    Where campaign is always the same and based on points, endless is more random and score is based entirely on enemy kills. I have this just about totally working now. Right now, I'm integrating it into the menu flow (a bear of a task).

-Progression
    Similar to Slayin', I'll have a few achievement-style missions that gradually unlock items and modes. You'll be able to skip them and immediately unlock something with coins if you want.

-Improved tutorial
    The tutorial I had was just a basic cutscene that everyone skipped. I'm making an upgrade that has you kill a slime and allows you to play with special abilities before committing. Still will be very quick and optional after the first time.

-Looking into localization for French, German, and Spanish. Maybe more. Depends somewhat on budget.

As a treat here's a WIP photoshop mockup of the mode select screen!
    [​IMG]

3. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I can't wait. It's a fun game. It will be fun to talk about when it's released !

Billy

4. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    This game is surely coming out. The Dev has been working hard on the game. It's absolutely beautiful and sure to do well when launched.

5. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    It's back baby! Back in beta form for now at least! :D

6. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Developer is back at it. Should be coming out real soon . Month or two

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Great news, thanks for the update. Been hoping this would come back to life.

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Been playing. Everyone's going to like it for sure. I know I do. The gameplay is right. There are many control options. Power ups. Even the IAP is being done right.

It's going to be a winner. I can't wait until everyone can play.

Billy

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thanks for the info Lord. Any consumables or continues?

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Well the game is not complete yet but with the last minute changes, as a person that hates non premium games, I'm happy.

There will be a $2 premium upgrade the stop all ads and gives you all special abilities. There will will be another IAP for a $1 or 2 that will give you permanent double coins.

The games store runs off of coins you earn while playing, or purchase via packs, or earn via opt in ads. You also get gift boxes of coins every few hours.

For sure I will be purchasing both the premium and 2x coin IAPs. Trust me the game is worth it. It's really a lot of fun with a lot of replayability and has that one more time feel to it. The gameplay also gets pretty intense and it's just really done well. I love the art style and I love the controls. The dev even put both sexes in the game for the lady players. You will see a lot of love went into making this game and that the dev really cares about it.

Also there are no timers of any kind nor any dual currencies. You can play whenever and however you like.

Billy

11. elthesensai

elthesensai Member

Nov 13, 2012
    I actually want to take a look. Hope it's not F2P though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. kathode

kathode Active Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Don't call it a comeback! I've been working on the game the whole time :) Turns out some of the features I wanted to add like quests were way more complex than I anticipated. Luckily things are starting to look good! I am dealing with some remaining bugs, both big and small. But the list of big issues is a lot smaller these days at least.

I've started a VERY small beta and will add in some more people who have emailed with each build. Thank you for the interest!

Here's a broad overview of the stuff I added:
    • Endless mode - Endless random, procedurally-generated rounds of enemies.
    • Advanced mode - An endless mode that skips the initial ramp up and goes right into the crazy.
    • Quests to unlock items - Three quests per game to unlock items, abilities, and modes.
    • Updated tutorial - Allows the player to experiment with controls and abilities before committing.
    • Ability to buy (in-app currency) resurrect potion to keep going on death.
    • Coin doubler purchaseable
    • ReplayKit support

[​IMG]

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Bugs?

So far I haven't even noticed any. They must be on the back end. This game is running smooth and is beautiful!

Billy

14. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    I know the release is still a while off but when approximately do you think you'll be done with game?

15. kathode

kathode Active Member

Aug 15, 2009
    I am certainly hoping it is very soon. I am ready to get it out there. I don't want to put a date on things but I am definitely in the "fix and polish" phase. Everything works - I am just trying to make sure it works well in all situations now.

16. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Awesome! Can't wait to play it when it's released.

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I just wanted to let everyone know the developer has made such amazing advances with this game. He now has an amazing publisher. I posted a screenshot to my Twitter.

He hasn't given a timeline of a release date but it's gotta be getting close. This game is so damn fun. The IAP options are awesome and it's free to play done right. And everyone knows what a premium nut I am. But this one is done right. But I REALLY enjoy playing this game. The dev really really cares about this game and listens to every bit of feedback and has been on every bug with a fix pretty much within a few hours sometimes.

When the game goes live I plan to post a full review, explaining all of the little things about the game and some gameplay tips.

There are so many control options. This is the first game where I like the gyroscopic controls as much as the touch controls. It's really done well.

It's just a damn fun game.

Maybe the dev will chime in if he has time.

Billy

18. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Totally forgot about this one. This is great to hear.

19. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    #39 yankeeblue000, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    So cool that there's going to be a premium option. Thanx for that. This game looks great. I can't wait. I will be playing this when it fully releases

20. kathode

kathode Active Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Yep, still working along and trying to get this across the finish line. I've been working with a publisher to tighten things up. We just finished a big overhaul of the main menu to make things clearer and more readable. There's been a bunch more work too and the game is looking and playing better than ever. I really need to make an updated trailer.

It's taken way longer than I would've liked but hopefully we're close to being done. I'm hoping it can be out this year but it's largely up to the publisher. Fingers crossed!