iPad Divinity - Original Sin 2 (by Larian Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 18, 2021.

1. JP Falcon

JP Falcon Active Member

Sep 27, 2013
    I am simply going to wishlist this on Steam, wait for a sale, and play it on pc… much cheaper than buying a new iPad which will have 18 gigs swallowed up by this version.

2. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I actually don't have one. After the iPad 3 debacle, I bought an iPad Mini the following year, and that's the last one I've owned. I never really found a way to fit an iPad into my lifestyle, I'm more of an iPhone + Macbook person. I'm definitely tempted by the new M1 iPad Pros to give it a shot again though.

sharfaust likes this.
  3. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    pretty sure its on Xbox Game Pass

4. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    The ipad air 3 is still a really great device, my wife is a super casual user and she will be super satisified, really does make sense for her to have it rather than selling it for $300-350 bucks. But I'm more of a power user...At 300dpi at 16x20 I was limited to only FIVE layers in Procreate. It's been driving me insane since the day I opened it and downloaded that.

5. AlexBi

AlexBi Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I’ve an IPad Pro 2018 256 GB/ cellular
    It works and It seems gorgeous (I tried only a few minutes yesterday)
    I suppose two reasons for this hardware limitation:
    1 - IPad Pro 2018 / 2020 / 2021 and IPAD air 2020 have at least 4 Gigabyte or ram and a A12X processor or greater (A12x has double speed in every benchmark than A10x in iPad Pro 10.5… M1 has near double speed than A12x)
    2 - Apple showed this game in last event… so perhaps she financed this conversion and want push is new ipad

6. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    #46 skoptic, May 20, 2021
    Last edited: May 20, 2021
    So, incompatible device chat aside, is anyone else getting squished a lot in Fort Joy? I’ve only got 3 in my party at the moment, and not sure if that is too soon to be causally strolling around getting into scrapes? Every vid I watch seems to have fuller and better equipped parties….

edit… managed to get a 4th (and find a 5th!) and have been less squished in most recent run. Not sure I’ve got a combat strategy down yet!

7. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Basically you will get squashed in Fort Joy if you go straight for fights. You basically need to level up and find gear by wondering around and asking everyone for quests.

getting squashed in FJ is a common complaint. The game railroads you into levelling.

adin and skoptic like this.
  8. darrinsden

darrinsden Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    I am unable to play past the beginning
    The game is great so far, but I am unable to make it off the ship
    Installed on a 2020 iPad pro with a couple hundred gig left free

I get to the lifeboat, the ship is destroyed, then get a message that the game needs to download 2 gb of data and i need to free up space
    and then it restarts from the main screen

I cannot make it any further
    any suggestions?
    Darrin

9. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Weird, I didn’t see that - same device and going from ship to fort didn’t prompt for (or do) any downloading. Install is the same 4gb from the start even though I’ve been on Fort Joy a while. Sorry - maybe a fresh install will help?

10. darrinsden

darrinsden Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Tried removing and a fresh install.. restarted from the beginning
    same issue :(
    ship sinks, I am rescued from the sea by a god, and then prompt for download and main screen

11. MxCarnge

MxCarnge New Member

May 20, 2021
    #51 MxCarnge, May 22, 2021
    Last edited: May 24, 2021
    Enjoying the game on iPad Pro 12. 2020 if a little rough (e.g. actions not registering, walking through walls) and touch controls feeling a bit clunky. Nothing a patch can’t fix. Biggest wish is they include keyboard support for the iPad Smart Folio Keyboard as that would greatly benefit (my) overall experience!

Edit: KB folio is working fine! I hadn’t realised you need to use keyboard and a mouse. I hope we get the option for the combination of keyboard and touch.

12. Admiral Bison

Admiral Bison Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Divinity 2, as far as I am concerned, IS a killer app that the M1 iPad Pro needs to justify itself.

*not alone, as more Pro Apps and AAA games still needed to use all that power, but still a killer ap.

technically wouldn’t Divinity 2 be considered the first “pro” app of the M1 iPad Pro?

I mean playing this on my 2020 iPad Pro with an Xbox controller hooked up to a large 4K tv is the closest to actual console gaming thus far.

*I hope Apple sorts out the extend display for the iPad Pro, because it is criminal having this game be side letter boxed.

13. Admiral Bison

Apr 26, 2016
    ‘I think over the long haul this is the better decision, a line has to be drawn and standards have been raised.

The M1 iPad Pro NEEDS Pro Apps and AAA games that take advantage of all that power, without having to compromise to fit to a too lower spec denominators going forward.

Once the minimum standards have been raised all subsequent generations of iPad Pros could in theory be able to play all AAA games that are and would come out of M1 Macs going forward.

Besides, I reckon there could be a lot more value (like in steam) that if you buy a AAA game on the Mac App Store, you could be able to play that same game on your M1 iPad Pro or M1 Apple TV.

For devs that means they have three times the user base available to appeal their AAA games.
    M1 iPad Pro + M1 Macbook/iMac + M1 Apple TV.

Every one should win.

14. Admiral Bison

Apr 26, 2016
    You’re doing better than me, as I’m still in the “camp” and just got 1 follower (the lady with those kids who pestered her on the ship at the start)

The parties you see with better equipment and more followers are probably far deeper into the game and backtracking in the camp.

Is the “camp” a hub? I imagine it would have to be when you a system of sellers who cycle their inventory or money reserves.

15. Admiral Bison

Apr 26, 2016
    The game “only” takes up 18GB(coming from a console/pc gamer this is nothing) so you should have more than enough storage space left.

Did you save your game progress?
    You could clear the game (swipe up and wipe the game clear) and then launch the game and leave it at the menu for a few minutes - would be nice to see the download progress of any required data.

check the your storage and see how big the game is then, it should be around 18GB then you will no it’s ready to play.

Reason why I asked if you saved your game is, the other option if all else fails is to delete the game (there should be an option to keep the save data and re-download it again.

Give it some time to download all the necessary data ...still would be nice to see some kind of progress or percentage bar.

16. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Same here, even bought the clunky iPad 3 just two months before Apple changed it‘s yearly iPad cycle by releasing the superior 4 (lightning cable alone would have been worth the wait). And on top of it, in Europe these things usually cost over twice the price than in the States. :)

Alas, now I‘m on an iPad Pro 12.9" 2017, one year short for this game ... Pity, but what can you do. Rather playing on PC than splurging about 2k USD on a new device for one game (so far), no matter how much I‘d love to play it on iOS.

17. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    You are? I’m in the same boat as you i have an 10.5 iPad Pro and it works with every other game besides this one nice to know I’m not alone

18. RomanReigns

RomanReigns Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    im with you on this one dude..own an iPad Pro 10.5 aswell like i said in a post somewhere at the beginning of this thread and this game not supported on it is a bummer. will play console version instead. lets hope it gets iPhone update in future, i own 12 Pro Max and hope it will be supported (sarcasm) :p:D

19. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Oh really I have the iPad Pro 10.5 as well I guess I am not alone in this bunch

20. bobbys

bobbys Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Anyone get this to work with the Magic Keyboard? Not registering clicks or cursor movement or anything, really. This on a 2021 iPad Pro (11 inch). I find touch a bit cumbersome for this game.