iPad Divinity - Original Sin 2 (by Larian Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 18, 2021.

1. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    That’s a good point

2. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    It’s not a total loss getting a M1 iPad Pro next year so I understand why developers are looking at the higher end of devices the question becomes what M1 iPad Pro do I go for next year? I was thinking the 1tb model because it’ll probably last several years and get many software updates

adin and Admiral Bison like this.
  3. Neutrino Gama

Neutrino Gama Member

Feb 3, 2021
    Male
    Yes I’ll be having this thanks been looking forward to since I finished Baldur’s Gate 2. Good times !

4. downgrad3r

downgrad3r Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Agreed on point # 2 as well. I also find that the same titles are available on Steam or the PlayStation Store at significant discounts several times throughout the course of a given year. It feels like less of a gamble; however, there's no substitute for having a mobile version. Still a big win for those with the hardware and time to play soon after release. And then there's the fact that some devs keep up with iOS and iPadOS over time. FTL, Darkest Dungeon, Dead Cells, Titan Quest HD, Rome: Total War, Don't Starve, and This War of Mine have all been updated to support the latest OS and device changes. I'll grab a title that has seen significant post-release support. I hope that this becomes one of those.

5. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    I have a 3rd gen ipad air. Saw it wasn't on the list, scrolled down to Information section of the game and it says "Compatibility" and under that "Works on this iPad", and was all surprised thinking it was left off the list of compatible devices by accident. Bought the game. As soon as I try to launch it it tells me it's not compatible. They really should fix that, where it says it will work on my ipad, when it won't.

Gambler, Admiral Bison and sharfaust like this.
  6. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I have the same iPad. So, it says that it’s not compatible and doesn’t let you do anything? One would think that a company that touts “No Compromise” would let you adjust settings so you could play it on devices that are still pretty new. Lame. Thank you for trying. As a fellow iPad Air 3 owner, I appreciate the info.

7. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    So only the air 4 and the pros it sounds like it requires at least an A12 chip with 4 gigs of ram

8. Admiral Bison

Admiral Bison Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Future proof as much as you can afford it, especially IF pro Apps and Mac games on the M1 iPad Pro becomes a reality.

I believe it is actually MORE expensive to go for the cheap tiers as you will hit restraints sooner over a number of years - storage, ram, gpu etc...and ending up with shorter and more frequent upgrade cycles.

Consider it an “investment” that has a better chance of paying for itself over a longer period of time.

9. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Which the air 3 only has 3 of ram

10. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Gotcha thanks I always think of future proof so thank you and already started saving

11. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    oh so I’ll get whatever the new model is next year it seems like the iPad Pro releases yearly now

12. Neutrino Gama

Neutrino Gama Member

Feb 3, 2021
    Male
    Wow ! Lame ? Hardly. I suggest you put your hand in your pocket to fix your large dose of sour grapes and buy an iPad that is supported. Im just delighted that the studio have taken the risk to port the game to iPad … Oh and I’ve heard it looks great on the 12.9” Pro :)

cloud tiger likes this.
  13. sharfaust

Jul 1, 2013
    Excuse me, I didn’t ask for your rude suggestion. Larian obviously put a lot of effort into this port. I’m just saying it would have been nice if they made it possible for more than a select few to experience their work. So, in my opinion, it’s kinda lame. You are entitled to your opinion too. Have a good day.

14. Neutrino Gama

Neutrino Gama Member

Feb 3, 2021
    Male
    Thanks for acknowledging I’m also entitled to my opinion. I’m having a great day thanks playing Original Sin 2 :)

15. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    Well, that would be a compromise, wouldn't it? lol

I told my wife this was bullshit, that I was selling my ipad. It really is, as soon as I bought the "newly updated ipad air 3!" they came out with another one the very next year that was way better.

Instead she's taking it and I have an 11 inch m1 pro coming in a week. :D Guess I'll be rebuying this game in the future.

sharfaust likes this.
  16. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    #37 zergslayer69, May 19, 2021
    Last edited: May 21, 2021
  17. sharfaust

Jul 1, 2013
    Lol! I know, right? I didn’t expect a new Air that soon after the 3.

18. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    If it makes you feel better I am the jackass who bought the iPad 3 in March 2012, which was the first iPad to have a Retina Display but was woefully underpowered to actually run it well, only to have the way more powerful iPad 4 launch just 8 months later in November. Apple releasing that iPad 3 was borderline criminal.

Gambler, Admiral Bison and sharfaust like this.
  19. sharfaust

Jul 1, 2013
    I feel your pain. That sucks! What iPad do you have now?