Divide By Sheep - cute yet gruesome math-based puzzler from tinyBuild Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RaveofRavendale, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    This game has me killing adorable little sheep and enjoying it! What have I become!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

Seriously, this is awesome! The graphics are stellar, the control very smooth, and the concept clever. I even like the music, which is very unusual with me, as I find most game sounds irritating. I'm having a lot of fun playing Divide by Sheep, and I'm glad there are a bunch of levels for me to enjoy. Very nice!

2. tinyBuild

tinyBuild Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback guys, and keep it coming :) We've had some enormously helpful reports come in via mail and the PMs here.

I just sent an updated invite to everyone who signed up after we sent initial ones out yesterday

3. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    The screenshots are nice. They take me think that I must have the ame immediately. :D

4. txster

txster New Member

Mar 31, 2015
    IT, Gaming
    Montreal, Canada
    Same here - 1-18 is the first one to stump me a bit.. Got 2 stars, working on three.. Just realized you could move wolves but I'm really starting to hate the "splitters" :)

Comment about those: it could be visually clearer which way is the main/first/the one that will be getting the odd count.

5. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I am half way through the second world now (Ice) and still managing to 3 star every level. There are some really great and very tricky levels mixed in with the easy ones. I like how the game lets you discover how the newly introduced elements work on your own.

6. JeremytheCritic

JeremytheCritic New Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Music still playing in standby mode

Loving Divide by Sheep and found when I activate standby mode while playing, the music still plays while iPhone 6 Plus screen is off. In order to get the music to stop, I must wake iPhone from sleep mode and back out of the app.

Hopefully this is where I'm supposed to share feedback for items like this. Anyone else notice this on different iPhone models?

7. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I am into the third level set now, which introduces an interesting new type of objective. I was able to 3 star all of the second set levels, Ice World, except for 2-27 which has me quite stumped. Anyone else try this level yet?

8. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    I'm halfway through the second level set. I love the way the new mechanics are introduced and 'tutorialized' without any verbal explanation.On the whole puzzle design is very good, with many levels having interesting or unexpected solutions, but there are a few in there that feel a bit 'filler'. Once I get further on in the game I'll leave some more detailed feedback. Original and enjoyable game so far! :)

9. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I have finished all 120 of the levels and I am missing 7 of 360 stars. I really enjoyed the game throughout and the length of the game combined with the nice variety of puzzle elements throughout seemed like just right to me. I am sure it will be even better when the developers work in some cinematics, but even as, is this is an outstanding puzzler.

10. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Wow, congrats!

I was testing (still am) the gorgeous Fearless Fantasy, so i became an invite for this Beta, as well. I tend to rage-quit these brain games, what i did at level 2-27 because of not having an undo button, but maybe i provided them with some usefull infos of a fool's brain until that point.

The art work and different puzzle elements are well done, and i definitely want to see the final product with the cut-scenes and story.

11. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    An undo button would be a great addition, now that you mention it. I am playing the outstanding new puzzler, Telebot and Co, and it has unlimited undo which makes all the difference. Since the puzzles in Divide By Sheep are fairly short in terms of steps, it is not as important, but it would really help make exploring the solution space less frustrating.

12. tinyBuild

Mar 23, 2011
    We've just posted an update, the game should now be more or less content-completeNow it's onto finding all those pesky bugs :)

13. Aezio26

Aezio26 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Director
    Newark on Trent, England
    Could I get an invite please to the beta? :)

14. tinyBuild

Mar 23, 2011
    Another update is now live in TestFlight! We have added an animated intro movie, and the version in TestFlight is the release candidate 1.

We had to force iOS 8.3 to be able to play because of some video codec issues. I wonder how many people are on lower versions?

15. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I am still on 8.2. Since beta testing began, I have never been able to play.
    I get the lovely blue screen.
    Sigh.....

16. tinyBuild

Mar 23, 2011
    It seems like the blue screen is caused by something on an iOS-level, which is why we decided to just force 8.3 to play. I reaaalllyyy hope this doesn't backfire.

I've been on 8.2 for a long time and noticed that my iPhone 6's battery started dying too fast. Now on iOS 8.3 it is much better, so it might be worth updating regardless!

17. tinyBuild

Mar 23, 2011
    Hi everyone! Divide By Sheep has been approved by the AppStore, release date announcement coming soon :)

18. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Cool... Oh I have a friend wanting to know if this will be release on android or just iOS? He saw me playing the beta and really like it too :)

19. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Since I was forced to upgrade to 8.3, the game worked so much better.
    Playing has been a treat. Cute graphics. Good mechanics..
    Very unique and fun.

20. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Finally it has a release date!