Universal Dive for Treasures (Universal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by hube_eccgames, Jul 9, 2013.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #21 oooooomonkey, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    The IAP are just extra gold, as there's some pointless sub skins that cost quite a bit and you upgrade your sub with gold but they don't look like you need them, they just look like the usual pay if your lazy type ones.

About the game though I'm loving it so far, the levels are big and take quite a while to finish which is unusual for an iOS game.
    Personally i think this would have fitted a more realistic graphic style to go with the gameplay but the graphics are nice enough, after you get the hang on the controls it's easy to play and its nice cruising around looking for the treasure.
    Reminds me of a Nintendo ds beta game I played a few years back which was a similar type of thing.
    Worth picking up though if you like the sound of it.

2. hube_eccgames

hube_eccgames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Hey guys!

Thanks for clearing that up oooooomonkey!

When playing the game you collect Gold and Treasure. You can use them to upgrade your sub or buy new submarine models. All of this can be achieved through playing the game, but some people get impatient ;)

There is no special currency and there is no requirement for you to do any IAP. It does not block anything or make the game unplayable.

We're ecstatic to hear you guys are enjoying the game!!

3. hube_eccgames

Jul 9, 2013
    Corky McButterpants!

Here are some screenshots from the iPhone5

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Corky McButterpants

Corky McButterpants Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    Glorious! Thanks for that.

5. hube_eccgames

Jul 9, 2013
    #25 hube_eccgames, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    -deleted-

6. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    After playing a few more missions I'm still enjoying this, the slow pace of cruising around the oceans is very nice,
    One thing I'd like to have seen though would have been some visual upgrades to your sub when you purchase the various upgrades like upgrading your sonar and weapons, it would have been cool if you saw little things being added to your sub with each upgrade.
    Overall though the game is a nice different game for a change from all the usual App Store clones.

7. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Thanks oooooomonkey! Will pick this one up, got me some iTunes GC, so let the spending begin, lol!

8. Corky McButterpants

May 16, 2012
    Have played through the first 4 levels - great game - lovely relaxing pace. There's definitely 'scope':( for more levels (procedural maybe?).

Just a couple minor bugs to report:
    • Achievements are often not ticked at the end of a level (even though completed)
    • A few inconsistencies with the sonar maps (see below).

[​IMG]

9. hube_eccgames

Jul 9, 2013
    Hey Corky McButterpants! Thanks for reporting this bug. We'll definitely look into it. I was able to find another trouble spot myself as I played yesterday - you guys just got me so excited I started playing it too haha

Glad to hear you're enjoying it ooooomonkey. We are exploring the idea of getting more levels into the game.

10. Corky McButterpants

May 16, 2012
    Another thought (not a bug) - does it explain when you begin about double-tapping a wheel to centre it? This is a must have technique when manoeuvring gets tight.

Less experimental players might never pick up on this and get frustrated with feeling like a pinball:D

11. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yes it does I remember seeing it. And your right it is a pretty essential move.

12. hube_eccgames

Jul 9, 2013
    We are excited to announce that Dive for Treasures made it on the New and Noteworthy lists in the US App Store for both the "Games" and "All" categories on iPhone and iPad!! We're honored!

MCbutterPants - like Monkey said it is part of the tutorial instructions that you can double click to reset. Agreed - it is a vital function expecially when you run into pirates.

13. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #33 oooooomonkey, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    Right I've just found the first "not cool" thing about this game. I'm up to the Greek level and was playing for 10-15 mins cruising around collecting the coins and treasures, had 3/4 chests and died from a big enemy sub.
    Started the level again only to find you have to collect everything all over again:eek: I really thought that because the levels are so large it would have kept track of which chests I'd already collected.
    IMO it should either keep what you've collected already as that is a long time worth of gameplay to repeat with no checkpoint system or the levels need to be a lot smaller.
    Well it's put me off enough that I'm done playing this for today.
    Back to battle academy for now.

14. sugimulm

Aw man :(. How about quitting during mid level? Need to restart also? Seems like it if you die mid level.

15. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    You can pause it while you do something else if you leave the game running in the multi task bar but if you actually quit the level then it looks like you lose your progress.
    Seems like a weird choice when the levels are pretty big and take ages to explore, having to find all the things again isn't as fun the second time around.
    It's a shame because the game is brilliant to play apart from this one thing.

16. sugimulm

Thanks oooooomonkey! Man, that is one oversight that should have been addressed, since the levels are large. I would think that mobile gaming would offer save points so the player can continue. Might have to wait and hope the Devs are addressing this issue. Thanks again!

17. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I'm really tempted to smash "buy", but I have a few questions first:

1. How many levels?

2. Does it work on iPad 1? I know it's going out on a limb but... I can hope. :)

3. And lastly: can you change the speed of the sub? From the videos I've seen it looks a little slow for me on the basic option.

Thanks!

18. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    1, 7 levels but each level looks like it gets bigger than the last and they are pretty big levels.

2, don't know

3, you upgrade you sub as you play, with speed, armour, etc. (I find its best to cruise around slow though as speed gets you killed:eek:)

19. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

iPad (5.1.1) - iPad 2 (6.1.3) - iPad 3 (6.1.3)

The Game will run fine on your iPad. I didn`t saw any flaws while I just run it for a few Minutes on my first iPad.

20. mattyduk

mattyduk Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    that's stopped me buying it. I tend to play my mobile games in 10 minute bursts, and can't trust IOS multitasking to keeping the app open :(, especially with such large levels. Scallyways can do it nicely, with cloud saving so this games needs the feature.

I'll wait for the update.