Disturbing New Trend: Using App Store Reviews to Post Spoilers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by gekkota, Jun 24, 2009.

1. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    It's becoming more and more frequent that people are using the app store reviews as a forum for hints, questions, and spoilers. It has totally gotten out of hand lately---> check the reviews for CSI:Miami or any of the room escape games.

I am sure it has an impact on game sales, because if you read the reviews you'll have no reason to buy the game. And who wants to buy a game if you are hesitant to read the reviews? Classic Catch-22.

I am surprised that developers aren't all up in arms about it...

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ

Yeah I thought there was policy on that I guess I was wrong. I havn't seen any reviews in a while on the app store, so I havn't noticed this, but that does really suck bad.

3. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Lol a review ruined the surprised plane in F.A.S.T even though I'm pretty sure that the SU-70 or F/A-22 can duke it out with the magical plane very easy. Not sure why it's included in a dogfighting game though

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Ok, so it's annoying, maybe frustrating, but disturbing? When I saw the title, I thought some anonymous millionaire was inviting devs to his mansion and slowly killing them while recording it live.

5. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Hmmm...somebody's been playing too many video games lately!
    On a serious note, though, I guess that would be ok, as long as the dev was Khalid Shaikh! ;)

6. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    What you talking about I don't do this! This is non-sense! No one does this you keep quiet!

rofl. Nice plan though.