Distant Shore – New App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by roostersully, Feb 3, 2009.

1. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I hope you still don't need an explanation...? :confused:

2. aerolord

aerolord Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Do the more bottle we send, the more chance we will recieve bottles?

3. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I think that's the way it works...
    It does seem like it.

4. aerolord

aerolord Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2008
    That's explains everything. I rarely throw a bottle into the sea, now I can walk for like few minutes without seeing one bottle on the beach.

5. RVP

RVP Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Distant Shore is nice App

I have had it for a few weeks now and enjoy it. It was also just updated 2/13/09 for an added bonus. Nice to see the Blimp Pilots are paying attention to what 'we' wanted. I have had really nice comunication with many people from all over the world. You walk along the beach picking up shells and after collecting five you earn a bottle to put your own message in. I like to send out 3 or 4 at a time and get several back at a time. This is not like Zephyr at all. Zephyr really is a wast of time. The messages are real full keyboard messages not drawing circles and watching it bounce around. You can keep a conversation going with a person as long as you keep resonding. More like 'pen paling' This are people from all over the world.

This is not a exciting an the edge of your seat app but it is enjoyable to chat and talk about anything. I just hope it won't get boged down with people becoming vulger with inappropriate content.

6. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

I agree .... so far so good! I play it off and on because once I start, I don't put it down for a while. I like the fact that it is anonymous so you don't have to be concerned with getting too involved with anyone but that could also cause some people to get "vulger with inappropriate content". The program does allow you to report inappropriate content so that's a big plus.

7. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    So I bought this last night..

holy shit. It's so addicting. This is totally shaping up to be one of my favorite apps

8. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    does anybody know what the glasses and pen are for in this screenshot? I haven't seen them anywhere in the game...

[​IMG]

9. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Definitely. If I don't send any bottles, often, I'll walk the beach and not encounter any for myself.

If I fire off 3-4 bottles, guaranteed next time I'll find at least one.

Now, the trick is to find interesting people... I'm getting like, one word answers when trying to strike up conversation....

10. LuviPhone

LuviPhone New Member

Feb 11, 2009

Glasses are where u read the messages u have. The pen is where u write new messages with the bottles u have. Hope that helps.

11. Dfender2022

Dfender2022 Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Being a kid
    California
    I finally got this app, and i love it!!!

12. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I got this app when I got my ipod touch last week and it's very cool! You have to send A LOT of messages in a bottles out TO get a lot of messages in return. Don't expect to find a lot of messages in a bottle on the beach if you don't ever bother launching one yourself. If you DO write quite a few, you will notice a lot of incoming mail and more bottles on the beach.

Try it and see. I have enjoyed quite a few conversations with people all around the world including Bulgaria recently! :)

13. Jon

Jon Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Very good idea, and i enjoyed it at first, but it boring quite quickly

14. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Welcome to TA!!

and i agree

i still check it a little though

15. Jon

Jon Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Thanks. Yes, I suppose it's really just anonymous instant messaging with strangers, but done in a really nice way.

16. MyiPhone

MyiPhone Member

Feb 20, 2009
    sounds like a really interesting app - i will get it now!;)
    thanks for all that input!