Disney Movies Anywhere > Free and get The Incredibles movie free when you sign up

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by LazerTag, Feb 27, 2014.

1. LazerTag

LazerTag Active Member

May 9, 2012
    #1 LazerTag, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/disney-movies-anywhere-watch/id766894692?mt=8

The app itself is always free but when you sign up within the app, no credit card or other billing info required, you get a digital download of The Incredibles free for a limited time.

Again I hope this is ok in this section since the app is already free but I thought since the movie is only free for a certain time this fit here. And it does add the movie to your iTunes if you allow the app to connect.

And if there is a thread on "how to post properly" point me to it and I will fix this post too so it is formatted correctly.

Thanks

LT

2. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    This app is cool. It also links to your iTunes account, so whatever Disney/Pixar movies you purchased on iTunes, you get on the Disney app. Plus, you can download the HD version of The Incredibles on iTunes once it's done, and also the cool thing that happened when I linked my account was that all the SD Disney/Pixar movies I had on iTunes, I was able to download the HD ones for free after on iTunes. Yay, didn't have to pay extra for the HD versions.

3. GuyOnDrugs (GOD)

GuyOnDrugs (GOD) Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Does anyone know if The Incredibles will stay in my iTunes purchased history if I unlink Disney Movies Anywhere from my iTunes account? Has anyone tried this?

4. jeffyg3

Mar 22, 2010
    Not really showing up on my purchase history on iTunes. I'm just able to download the file using iTunes on my iPad or iPhone, but can't really do it on my Macbook since it doesn't show up as purchased.

5. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I have a ton of Disney/Pixar movies but they're all on DVD. Any way to watch these on the app?

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Be impossible, Disney wont give you free online versions of these films all because you bought the dvds. Plus how would they know you've already bought these dvds ? Just be near impossible.

7. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    If they're newer DVDs that came with a redemption code for an online version you can.

"Today sees the release of Disney’s long-promised Disney Movies Anywhere app for iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV. This single app gives you access to any Disney (or Marvel!) flick that you own digitally, whether you purchased it through iTunes or redeemed the “digital copy” code included with a Blu-ray or DVD disc. After linking your Disney Online account and your iTunes account, everything appears in the app."

8. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Very nice. The Incredibles is one of my nephews favorite movies. I'm gonna get this for him.

9. GuyOnDrugs (GOD)

GuyOnDrugs (GOD) Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Huh, that's funny. It's showing up in my movies history, but when I go on The Incredibles iTunes store page, it's still showing it's original price instead or saying Downloaded. Oh and does anyone know if it came with iTunes Extras? I didn't get it for some reason.

10. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Thanks. A couple of them did. I think I've redeemed Despicable Me 2 and tried to redeem Little Mermaid (although it didn't work and I can't get a response to my emails). So far I haven't figured out how to get DM2 in this app but I'll report back if I do.

11. LazerTag

LazerTag Active Member

May 9, 2012
    #11 LazerTag, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    You can disconnect the Disney app and the movie remains in your iTunes purchases.

Also from iTunes on your PC or Mac click the iTunes Store link on the left and then to the far right pick Purchases. Now go to the movies section and should be able to download The Incredibles from the cloud to your local iTunes storage.

12. wolfie9090

wolfie9090 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Despicable Me 2 is a dreamworks movie

13. jeffyg3

Mar 22, 2010
    Ah thanks. I see it now to download.