Universal Disney Magic Kingdoms (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Cirnol

Cirnol Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    To those still playing, what's your status?

I'm at level 13 and I've unlocked Sarge and Tinkerbell today. Hamm is nearly ready but I need more magic. Bo Peep is needing some more hats and eventually magic.

I think the game picked up a little more now that I have a lot of charactrs to manage. I wish the extra rewards weren't so much about chance though. Hopefully I will see an improvement with full happiness. I think the parades are still worth doing due to the extra rewards. It's only an hour of parade to maybe get some good stuff. Plus it's supposed to pay off because buildings will generate more magic and EXP while the parade is occuring.

I still like Avengers Academy more than this mainly due to the fact that the devs are active and making changes as needed. I don't know if the devs for this are as active. Also the game as a whole feels slower in regards to opening menus and waiting for quests. Still even with long timers, I can get stuff done and come back later to see progress.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

But yeh that is an issue I've contacted them about a few times, the areas for placing buildings are just so tiny and decorations have ridiculously large radiuses it's hard to decorate or make any of it look good as there's no space and decorations just sit in the middle of seemingly nowhere! Although maybe that'll change as you progress and open up more space? Either way the decorations still look silly the way they currently work.

I like playing though as I want to see what they add and what I can unlock ect. To the post above I'm level 17 now and have Hamm, tinkerbell, sarge and bo unlocked. Just trying to save up magic and follow quests to progress further.

One tip though that I should have started earlier is if you can afford it upgrade characters when you can. As once you have all the upgrade items you stop finding them so if you spend them on an upgrade you can start saving them up again, plus it unlocks more quests so may give you a better option with time away your looking for.

3. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've unlocked Tinkerbell, but not Sarge. Working on Bo Peep next (getting pretty close). Just got Pixie Hollow this afternoon.

Gave up on parades. Bummed that Pluto is a ridiculous amount of gems -- not going for that.

Don't plan to spend money on it, F2P is not my thing. But it being Disney, it's kinda fun to pop in and look at things, set off other "quests", etc. I'll probably play it for a few weeks and then move on. It's definitely cute, I just gravitate toward deeper RPG-style gameplay typically.

4. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I didn't even see how much Pluto was I just purchased the offer to get him for 50% off when it come up which is next to nothing for me, as he is the only iap character I noticed it seemed fair to support the game as I like it so far.

Other games often charge silly amounts or have endless iap only people and you can't compete or complete it properly without spending so as it wasn't the case here it didn't put me off.

5. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

Mar 23, 2016
    Help!

I've been playing this game for a day or so now and I'm stuck on a quest that is asking me to send Mickey to catch up on his reading. Every time I open his action menu, there is nothing relating to reading in it, so I don't know how to complete that quest. Can anyone help me?

6. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    It's usually the first thing on the character's list if there is a mission for it. It'll be something like, "Have Mickey relax at home" or something like that. It's kind of confusing, but just remember, if there's a quest for that character, it's usually on the top of their list of jobs.

Hope this helps!

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Usually if you click on the quest tab and click on the quest there it'll bring it up you click to go to it and it should be the top quest usually highlighted in a darker blue than the other quests. It could possibly be he isn't high enough level to do the quest if you still can't find it and he may need levelling up to unlock the quest.

8. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Wow level 17 already lol?!
    Btw I have noticed the two of the higher level quest of Jessie & one of the character requires the RC racer & toy soldiers parachute drop .
    You reach there yet? :confused:

9. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    #89 EvilDucktator, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    Battling Pete at the entrance to Tomorrowland. Pretty cute animations.

Mickey, Goofy and Pluto fight him together. 8 hours. Says 0/5 so I'm wondering if that means 40 hrs or character defeating him once (so basically it'll take another 8 hours after the current one). Hmm. EDIT: Yep! Just finished the first round and am now at 3/5. Phew.

Should then unlock the first Tomorrowland area with Space Mountain :)

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I'm there too now, I'm guessing it's 5 turns total? I hope that it's not 5 times each that's for sure! Pretty cool though : )

Also to the RC racer quest, I think they only unlock if you have the building and I don't think it's necessary at all unless there's a quest later on that means you have to do it

11. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    #91 EvilDucktator, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    Right! Just finished the first round and am now at 3/5. Phew.

Hope we get Tower of Terror, Rock N Rollercoaster, Test Track, Fantasmic and Haunted Mansion. Would be good to see some attractions and decos from Shanghai Disneyland too. God that park looks fantastic!

12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Nice one, your further ahead than me! You been levelling up your characters too?

There's so much hope for what they could add to the game which would be awesome, I hope they change how parades and decorations work too though.

I'm suprised by the starting choice of toy story and monster inc, also that toy story has bo and sarge but not slinky, mr potato head and the horse I forget his name.

13. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    The Shanghai Disneyland ? You are being sarcastic right? Just the entrance of it was horrifying to look at. Have you even seen the real photo of it except from the fake concept art ?

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Have you bothered unlocking the zone that costs 25k just below the roller coaster yet? Not sure I want to spend that much in one go yet as I keep thinking I'll soon be in the zone up by Pete

15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Beat Pete and unlocked the next area near space mountain, it looks like I also unlocked another iap building and character. It seems Rex is iap only, the building I'm not bothered about as it doesn't generate much anyway.

16. Korenaren

Korenaren Member

Sep 30, 2010
    I'm about to give up on this one. Beat Pete and see to get Rex costs like $13, which is ridiculous (basically impossible to earn in game grinding). Can't imagine how much some of the later characters will cost. I've been saving up jewels for RC Racers, which is taking forever as it is. Don't like how the crafting equipment isn't guaranteed, it's painful waiting 8 hours and then NOT getting my item. Wanted to like this title, even bought the introductory special (Pluto), but the IAP is just too egregious.

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I got Pluto too and waiting 8 hours and not getting the item does suck but I actually don't mind the character levelling process I think it makes it more special having high level characters as it took work and isn't just easy.

I know what you mean about Rex's price though it is silly, similar to other games sadly. You'd think these companies would make more money selling them at tempting prices so more people but it.

18. Korenaren

Korenaren Member

Sep 30, 2010
    I'd rather the leveling decrease the timers for that character's tasks, that way I might strategize on which characters I want higher level. Minor increases in potion currency just isn't enough for me. Maybe if the character's visual would change based on level, that would be cool, like a new outfit and/or better accessories.

And for those who haven't played it, it's not just waiting 8 hours and not getting your item, you might need 3 of those things to level up, so you just have to keep trying these 8 hour timers until you get your 3 things. You can have multiple characters working on the same items, but it is still painful. I've been trying to 'welcome buzz' for about 3 days of constant care and feeding, and still about a day away from completing the task.

19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I make enough magic, I have pizza planet and unlocked two zones in the new area by space mountain and have 50k magic. It only took me a day to unlock Buzz but maybe your being unlucky, either way your quests still generate magic of getting everything were simple it wouldn't feel special at all. The only bit I believe needs a magic boost are the two character quests they don't generate enough magic.

Levelling up unlocks new quests so it gives you more to chose from but maybe an efficiency bonus would be nice and I thought about outfits or something too, but don't forget the game is brand new. Hopefully they take feedback from players and improve some aspects.

Most of my heroes are levels 3/4 with some being up to 6/7 now too, I focus on story missions and when not doing that I always try to have someone upgrading and then focus on replacing the items I spent. If you keep spending them it makes it easier to generate them more often. Goofy has a 16 hour timer for his next level! Which sucks as he will be out of action

20. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah, I think I'm beginning to hit the tail end here as well. Goofy's upgrade has a 20 hour timer for me now, and I'm still trying to take down Pete. I tapped the stupid jewels region once by accident to finish an 8hr story task and that ate a chunk of jewels I hated to lose.

I'm going to give it another week because it's cute and fun, but it's too expensive to upgrade everything. 99 cents, sure... $1.99, maybe... $13? Heck no.