Universal Disney Magic Kingdoms (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Dragontears969

Dec 21, 2013
    Not sure why but I can't download the game # It just sits at "waiting"

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    what is this gem?

3. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Gameloft, BOO. Freemium, BOO.

Disney theme park style builder?! Aww yeah, I'm all in! :D

4. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Seriously this day and age everyone LOVES this f2p bull**** THIS IS NOT fun!!
    Oh it's offline and sure you can play for free WHOOPY ****
    It's not even a theme park manager your solving different things getting characters and waiting on timers it's like sims free play all over ! I don't give a **** if they coated it in Pokemon theme this day in age most mobile f2p sickens me!!! Don't get me wrong I do give Freemium's a chance I will say some are good like pocket Mortys, Order up, asphalt 8 even the new one , KleptoCats they do it right offline and while waiting for cat to return you can play game earn more coins ...but when it comes to these so called "builder sims" MOST leave a bad taste in my mouth I was saddened , that Disney sank so low to make a freemium game like this -_- I remember back on a iPod 2 we never had this .. This f2p garbage back then games went free or we had lite or trial apps .. This age of people want free quick games .. I BOUGHT paid console and good quality games like Lili, Junk Jack X ,Minecraft , Crashlands, biz builder, harvest moon and MANY MANY other paid apps I don't get much money I earn my cards by waiting and saving the little money I can or I use feature points and such to earn the amount , paid games need to be shown love ..

5. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    People put time and effort into Game of War it's still awful. So is this game. You have no idea how long I played it for. You jumped to a ridiculous conclusion. It's still boring and generic but I'll change it to to two stars for the "effort"

6. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Thank god you posted that. I couldn't have said it better myself haha

7. Cirnol

Cirnol Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    I've been playing a lot of Marvel's Avengers Academy and this feels similar. I can totally get behind playing these types of games. I see a lot of potential in this one as well and I also like the characters. That's all that really matters.

I took a quick look at the "About" section in the game and found the credits. Man, that is one long list. It makes me appreciate everyone involved with the game and makes me like the game overall a little more. I do not intend to buy anything but I will certainly play for a while so I can at least enjoy what was created.

8. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    When u see gameloft , u know what to expect from them, pretty much nothing

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Gameloft do suck these days ((sorry any devs)) but as its Disney also I have to try it, have been playing happily for the last half an hour and am enjoying it and love all the Disney fanservice even if there are a few small things so far I'd of done differently I'm going to be playing more.

Can we not turn every thread into freemium/paid? Same boring stuff over and over really? People like different things, I enjoy games on both sides, of course fully premium is better but obviously it doesn't make devs as much money in most cases.

10. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    No way to skip the intro and sometimes it plays even though I've seen it before and have an active game properly connected to FB. AND redownloads the data.

Game is ok but won't be making IAPs.

11. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I agree with you totally and you summed up my feelings on it.
    Gameloft was great for a time they now are garbage. Disney and FTP no way
    Of course it's all about raiding for loot from saps who fall prey.

12. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012

Save your F2P ranting for the appropriate thread. This is a forum for discussing individual games based on their strengths and weaknesses after having played them.

This is not your personal soapbox to vent about industry trends.

Meanwhile, back on topic...

13. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #33 Dailon80, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    Don't be a shill dude is just expressing opinion on the game and he did talk some about the game
    The game is essentially Simpson tapped out meets sims w a Disney theme most true gamers will not like it bottom line
    Glad you do and at end of the day if it brings you joy I'm happy for you. But this whole go to another thread to complain about a game crap is getting stupid. Here's a reality check people have differing opinions. I promise I'm not being rude.

One more thing the fact it's free to play and the wait times are part of the talk of the games weakness/strengths and some of what he said was on topic. Also factor in Gameloft used to produce quality premium games and some people still expect that from them and they are turned off and pissed when they see terrible FTP mechanics from a company that used to pedicure premium games.
    By the way I would like to see more impressions than complaining myself when I'm looking here but we have to respect others opinions too.

14. Anova

Anova Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 14, 2012
    Going to have to disagree with you. This is obviously a city building game put out by gameloft, if that's all you've got to say no one needs to hear it.

I'll try to give it a run tonight. I can tell this won't be my game but I'm curious where Disney is trying to set the bar.

15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Completely agree.

Also I actually like the game, the production is pretty good as you would expect at least from ganeloft. It is a timer based game similar to tapped out as was said, it suits me as along with games I can play for hours I like to have some I can play here and there gives me something to do for any spare minutes I get! Also I'm interested in the story plus it's Disney.

My main gripe so far is building and decoration placement, the areas are so awkward as they have curvy shapes and corners yet all buildings and decorations have a solid square box radius and can't be put right up against something. Although similar to other builders and I guess it leaves space for people to walk between, I'd like to be able to tidy it up a bit more.

16. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    UPDATE:
    So, after playing Magic Kingdoms off and on overnight, my feelings have changed a little. (Only a little.) I was originally pretty hyped for this game. I know it was Gameloft and it was F2P, so I didn't have TOO high of hopes, but I've always wanted a DisneyWorld themed city/theme park builder ever since I got into builders. I thing the Magic Kingdom Kinect game for the Xbox 360 was the closest that has come to anything like that and that's not even a builder game.

Anyway, after a while, the game got pretty bland. It was just a lot of fetch quests and waiting. There really wasn't any management or building in it besides the rides and a few benches and bushes. The core of the game was collecting characters for the most part. I'm not saying it's a bad game, it just lost its luster with me after the first few hours. I still recommend it to and Disney fan. It's still pretty to look at and the fanfare is phenomenal. I plan on sticking with it for a while so I can do an honest full review of it, but yea, my views have changed a little.

Of course it's free, so anybody can download it and see for themselves.

17. Wafflesandbeer

Jan 28, 2016
    I tend to like these F2P city builders, but this one is bad in the sense that most of the stuff to actually build costs premium currency and it doesn't look like the game throws all that much at you.

18. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Couldn't agree more with both of those impressions. Might play it a bit longer to see if it gets more involved, but I have a feeling that Disney Dream Island will provide much more interaction for players once it's out of soft release....

19. NickyNichols

NickyNichols Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2012
    You can't have a Disney experience without wait times anyway. I am enjoying this and I was looking for something to pry me away from my 2 two year obsession with the Family Guy game. This and Clash Royale will hold me over for my quick fix every couple hours a day.

20. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I didn't know about the Disney Dream Island one, never needed an AU account before though so that sucks.

Anyway I still keep coming back to this and I disagree with the comment that most things are iap items as most things clearly are not if you look properly. But of course it has some otherwise how would they make money, it's to be expected.