Universal Disney Crossy Road (by Hipster Whale & Disney)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DaMobileMob_YT, Apr 6, 2016.

1. DaMobileMob_YT

DaMobileMob_YT Well-Known Member

All Pirates of the Caribbean Secret Characters Unlocked

Enjoy peeps!

2. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Aargh! Twice now, when they release a new level, the first blue coin daily challenge requires a rare character from the new level. Or is that just me? Does everyone get the same dailies?

Also, I had ALMOST unlocked everything. I was hoping to bank some coins before the new release came out.

Do you think they are holding off Frozen until Frozen 2 is released?

3. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Today's quest included one to find 19 birds in Inside Out. There are no birds in Inside Out. So impossible to do.

4. thenightfly42

Sep 21, 2012
    So, they are randomized to some degree. I had 80 steps / 19 birds in Tangled / 40 bobbing barrels with Treasure Chest.

5. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    My daily missions actually changed after I started them today (not when they refreshed for the new day, but a bit later). When they first appeared, they were "Scare 6 birds" and "Collect 20 hourglasses in Alice Through the Looking Glass". I played a quick game then came back to it later. Now they're "Scare 10 birds" and "Scare 20 birds in Alice Through the Looking Glass".

I thought maybe I was imagining it, but the totals have been kept. It now thinks I've collected 13 birds in "Alice" but only 7 birds in total.

Attached Files:

6. thenightfly42

Sep 21, 2012
    #166 thenightfly42, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Don't install the new update (2.001.10832)!
    edit: iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.5, no jailbreak

All access to the figures is broken in my copy after the update. I can see the lists of worlds, but nothing is displayed, and it just says "Figure Name -- Rarity" instead of listing characters.

I only found this after I tried to unlock a blue-coin box, which didn't show anything.

I still have the proper amount of coins and blue-coins, so I'm hoping the save file isn't broken.

7. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I have the same problem, but I am on iOS 10 beta 8 so I thought that was the cause of the problem

8. DaMobileMob_YT

DaMobileMob_YT Well-Known Member

ALL MONSTER INC Secret Characters Unlocked

Hi guys,

it's been a while! Here you can find out how to unlock all Secret Characters of the Monsters Inc. Update! :) Enjoy

9. thenightfly42

Sep 21, 2012
    The error resolved itself late yesterday. Go ahead and install.
    Does anyone have details on how this Weekend Challenge thing works?

10. Thrak

Thrak Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    From what it seems, you get three new special missions at a time - if you beat one, it gets replaced by another. Since this weekend is PotC, the missions are things like hopping on logs or floating barrels, dodging mermaids, or firing cannons. Most seem to only take 3-5 of the event to win. If you die before doing it, you can either lose a life (you start with five) or spend some tickets to continue. Seems like they start you off with 50 tickets, and it took 4 to continue the first time I died, then 6 when I died again on the same life. I saw that the lives regenerate on a timer, but not sure about the tickets. I've done about 10-11 missions so far, and I'm only about 80% of the way to the first prize, which is some coins. If you can't do a mission because you don't have the right character, you can pay coins to skip the mission. I've only skipped one so far, and it cost me 15 coins.

11. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Tickets for continuing can be bought as iap and are quite expensive for what you get.

12. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Where are the weekend challenges in game? I must be missing something obvious because I only see the daily challenges still.

13. thenightfly42

Sep 21, 2012
    Centered at the bottom of the screen between the Mickey button and the Settings button, there's a black box with an orange border that is titled "Weekend Challenge". It doesn't look like a button, but it is one nonetheless.

Perhaps you didn't update to the Monsters Inc. version?

14. DAN13LG

DAN13LG Member

May 5, 2013
    I am also not seeing/never have seen this button. And I have definitely updated to the latest version! Maybe it doesn't run on older devices or something? Really weird (and annoying!)

15. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    I am updated and have gotten a monsters inc character. And I'm on a iPad Pro. Doesn't really make any sense.

16. BulkSlash

BulkSlash Active Member

I've noticed the total number of characters doesn't make sense any more. It says I have 279 of 280 characters but I can clearly see there are three locked characters to unlock via daily missions which would give me 282 characters.

I thought maybe the Weekend Challenge characters weren't being counted in the 280 but I've unlocked four of them so that doesn't add up either. Weird! :)

17. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Since the latest update, the weekend mission segments are resetting to the beginning which is super annoying. The first time I got through the coins segment and quit the game and when I cam back it reset to the beginning. Tonight, I played through unlocking the first weekend character, left the game and came back and it reset to the beginning. I lost the tickets I spent, of course. So those didn't reset. I did keep my new character, but having to replay the entire weekend challenge in one sitting in order to unlock enchanted Boo is ridiculous. Free to play is what it is but sometimes these in game currency hoops you have to jump through can wreck the game when there are major bugs like this. Anyone else experiencing this nasty bug?

18. BulkSlash

BulkSlash Active Member

Yeah I've got the resetting problem too, I "solved" it by buying some tickets and brute forcing my way through the challenge in one sitting. :mad: I'm hoping it's a bug and not a feature designed to sell tickets...

MFi controller support seems broken in this release too. Nothing works except the analogue stick, which is annoying as I prefer to play using the d-pad. Menu navigation with the controller is completely broken too.

Anyone worked out how to unlock Cupcake Ralph yet? ;)

19. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #179 paulkane, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    If it's not a bug, this is a terrible "feature". Who wants to keep replaying through the same segments of the challenge when you've already completed them? Does this mean I get a second unlocked character, if I play through the first two segments? I know CR and DCR are huge games now and the developers don't have the time to monitor their game threads on various sites, but it would be nice to know what's going on. If it truly is a bug, they should offer both characters as free unlocks in the next update.

Edit: I finished the weekend challenge last night and got Enchanted Boo, only to discover that I could play the entire weekend challenge over again! No thanks, 1.75 times was enough for me.

20. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

Are the coal stone tasks in the Aladdin challenge not working for anyone else?

Also, I never got the potc or dory challenge, even though my game was updated.