Universal Disney Crossy Road (by Hipster Whale & Disney)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DaMobileMob_YT, Apr 6, 2016.

1. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I didn't see anyone ask, but this does support MFI controllers. Only for game play though. You'll still have to tap the screen the start and access tabs.

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    What is a mfi controller and where do I get one

3. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Check out Afterpad.com. You'll learn everything there is to know and find a list of compatible apps/games.

4. DaMobileMob_YT

DaMobileMob_YT Well-Known Member

CHIP and DALE are my favourite Secret Characters! :)

5. CraigG

CraigG Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    On my devices, it just worked, despite Game Center being entirely broken. It seemed based on App Store account sign-in rather than Game Center.

6. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Everytime I close the app now it's not saving my high score. Anyone else having this problem?

7. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Seems OK for me. Are you definitely playing in the same theme? Each theme has it's own high score, so you'll only see your Lion King high score when playing as a Lion King character, for example.

On another note, has anyone found a hidden character yet?

8. BitStern

BitStern Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Disney CR

Interesting game based on the original Crossy Road. @Devs and others: Where is the restore purchases button?

For most of the secret characters, you have to get a certain set of characters. This is interesting, but really random, because noone knows, which characters you exactly need. I dislike this feature somehow, it would be great, if you would know, which ones to get.

And our review.

9. DaMobileMob_YT

It works fine for me too! Haven't noticed anything like that!

10. DaMobileMob_YT

What? you can play this game with mfi controller?

11. DaMobileMob_YT

I like tha tone! Because it reminds of the good old classic! There is a lot more coming! :D

12. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Yep, but it's better with touch.

13. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I'm really enjoying this version. The only thing I'm missing are the missions. I was hoping there would be a system more like in Pac-Man 256 where you always have a mission to complete (I wouldn't even mind a super low payout - 5 or 10 gold), but that would keep the game a little fresher. Maybe something like, collect X memories in Inside Out, dodge X barrels in Tangled, or score 1000 points in Wreck It Ralph.

But, overall, the fan service is great, and I cannot wait for some of my other favorite properties to get added. Holding out a long shot wish for Marvel and Star Wars, but Tron will do in a pinch!

14. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    #74 Rawk GWJ, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    +1 for Star Wars. Peter Pan, Fantasia, and Alice would also be sweet!

Edit: Studio Ghibli characters would be incredible!!!!!!!!!!

15. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Seems to only be the tangled and Mickey themes that aren't saving (Mickey is stuck on 174 for my high score when it is actually 300 and Tangled is 156 when it is also higher). Also I found the Mickey hidden character. He plays a guitar and you find him randomly in a field while playing.

16. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha. This is hilarious and so true!

17. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Anyone worked out what's going on with the collecting of the cubes scattered around the level in the inside out level. Sometimes when you collect them and drop them off the game ends and sometimes there is a light that collects the cubes but nothing happens. Is there a colour pattern or number you have to collect to trigger something?

18. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    You get points for depositing them at the cubes. You get more points for depositing large amounts at once, compared to dropping off the same number of cubes on multiple batches. I've never seen the game end when I drop them off.

19. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I think nay be I went backwards to deposit them off....

20. DaMobileMob_YT

All Secret Characters Unlocked

Disney said that they plan on releasing one to two new themes every month! So we will surely see a lot more content! I hope for a Star Wars one! :)