Universal Disney Crossy Road (by Hipster Whale & Disney)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DaMobileMob_YT, Apr 6, 2016.

1. DaMobileMob_YT

DaMobileMob_YT Well-Known Member

Hahah! Just like Angry Birds! You could be right with that! :D

2. DaMobileMob_YT

3. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    I hope that also means that you never draw repeats from the toy machine. Otherwise, it'll get brutal.

Does the Hamm Piggy Bank also double the 'free gift' money, or just the coins you collect during a run?

4. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Disney really float ma boat.

Sorry.

5. DaMobileMob_YT

The Hamm Piggy costs a lot more now. In the beginning it costs 6,99! The more characters you get via the prize machine the price drops. I paid 4,99! If there is a figurine repeated from the toy machine, another virtual currency gets active "Pixel Coins". For every similar figurine you draw from the prize machine you get a certain amount of the Pixel coins and for 500PC's you get 1 guaranteed new figurine. Hope this helps! :)

6. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    I don't get it

So you get 1 coin per coin you find. Diff characters get different levels. But if you don't get coins based on distance travelled, wouldn't it be best to just keep resetting to get the most coins as you can right in the beginning? Or am I missing something?

7. BohemianCoast

BohemianCoast Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    I'm left handed, and play by using my thumb on the left hand side of my iPad retina mini -- and as someone else has noticed, it's not responsive. This feels like a simple mapping error really.

8. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I am liking this way more than the original. Just the different scenarios when you get a new character makes it fresh. And I seem to be better at this one as well!

9. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I think the devs would assume that if you let yourself get killed so you can have an easier time playing and earning coins in the first 20 seconds of the game, it means you don't care about actually playing the game. You only care about unlocking characters. At that point you might as well just look up a picture of Goofy on Google, touch the monitor, say "I unlocked you!" and move on. You'd get just about the same game experience.

10. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I seem to recall that the original Crossy Road had a setting to randomise your character for each round you played - but this Disney version doesn't seem to have the same thing. Surely not?!
    Am I missing something? :confused:

11. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    #32 Jayg2015, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    So many great games but this is amazing
    Can't wait for star wars , pirates of Caribbean , finding memo , ect

12. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    There is a dice you can click once u have a few characters.

13. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
  14. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    I'm guessing that if you enter an age less than 13 when you begin the game, you don't get the videos.

15. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    So what's up with the stingy coin distribution? Anyone bought Hammy yet. How does that work. They don't say coin doubler or define exactly what it does, except get coins faster. How does it work. If it only doubles the 3-5 coins I get per play, it's not worth 4.99 to me. I am having fun with it though. Just think the coins aren't coming in fast enough to keep my interest for as long as the other games like this. Part of the fun is unlocking the characters.

16. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I would maybe agree with you about that, at least in comparison to Crossy Road. I bought the doubler in CR, but the device I played on didn't sync with the doubler until much later, so getting coins during gameplay was fairly slow, maybe a tick faster than DCR.

Even though I am experiencing a bit of lag, I would also have to agree with the comment about the controls not being as tight as CR. CR controls are so tight, it's just perfection...so hopefully this will be tweaked in an update.

Just played the Inside Out theme and love the scoring deviation. It's a super clever twist on a multiplier.

I played a few short bursts today, but overall I find DCR really enjoyable. Looking forward to unlocking a Wreck-it Ralph character to go for some crazy high scores with that fancy multiplier.

17. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I see many many many updates with new character world/character packs. Pirate of Caribbean , Star Wars, Snow White, Cinderella, finding memo, dozens and dozens of more.
    Sh*t is crazy.
    And it's not like crossy roads boring one background. Every character goes with there world. And some worlds are interactive with bonus ways to earn points

18. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Says I have four characters but now I can only play the last one I got. Why can't I choose one of the ones I got from the prize machine?

19. TDAKS

TDAKS Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Do you only get coins by selecting them when playing and getting the free gift every few hours?