Universal Disco Zoo (By NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Feb 26, 2014.

1. cmac257

cmac257 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    I don't see the option under options :(

2. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied

Under MENU > OPTIONS, I can see:

2 x audio options
    2 x notification options
    1 x iCloud button
    1 x advanced options button

(Although I'm running the beta version)

3. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    The only things this game needs to be awesome is a mission system and some kind of upgrades for your zoo but overall I'm enjoying it!

4. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I see that too, in the release version.

5. cmac257

Jun 29, 2012
    We'll I see all of that, except for iCloud. Running on a ipad 2 jailbroken

6. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Are you sure iCloud documents is on on the settings.app? If it is, then I have no idea :confused:

7. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Try force closing the app or restarting your phone.

8. TDAKS

TDAKS Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Are the coin tip amounts random or based on the animals level? Does it also make a difference if staying on one animals screen or moving to different animals?

9. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Each animal has a coins / min earning rate. eg: Rabbits earn 6 coins/min whereas horses earn 10 coins/Min. You can click on each animals icon to see what they earn and how long they stay awake.

It doesn't seem to matter how many of a specific animal you have, their earning rate remains the same.

10. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #90 Cilo, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    He's talking about the tip bonuses from people watching the animals. And I would love to know how this works also.

Also when you click into an animal's info window, there's a section called "freed", how does that work?

11. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I'm guessing once you have the max # of a certain animal, if you rescue them you free them instead of bringing them to the zoo. Haven't gotten that far myself, though, yet.

Edit: nice triple post!

12. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Freed is after you max out an animal. You free the new ones for a cash bonus. Just where you free them I don't know. Perhaps you free the new giraffe into the lion enclosure. Some questions are best left unasked.

13. GoodOmens

GoodOmens Member

Jul 17, 2008
    When you max out a level for an animal - any animals of that specific type caught are not put in your pen but released for a bonus dollar amount. Then each freed animal counts towards trophies - IE you need to free 10 rabbits to get a bronze trophy etc

14. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Once you max out your animals you will start "freeing" them as you catch them. After freeing a certain number (like 10) you will receive a trophy. A garden area will appear on your map next to the hangar. Freeing more will upgrade your trophy to bronze/silver/gold/diamond. I have collected all but the final six diamond trophies. Generally you have to free between 325-350 animals total per area to get all six. the mythical are of course the hardest since that appear less often.

15. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    And I'm 8 cents shy of that in my Paypal lol! Will definitely be grabbing that next week when I top up my account. Makes things so much easier when guessing tiles.

16. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    #96 jdrawmer, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    I absolutely love it!

Been hoping for a good collector-style game for a while, and yet it still has the growing fun of typical Nimblebit games.

My strategy, if you can really call it that, is to do the cheapest rescue every time you can, until you reach the next upgrade - then focus on saving for the next aircraft to obtain their animals (which bumps the income the most). Rinse; Repeat.

Finding bux collection to be VERY slow though.

17. Diverge

Diverge Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2013
    When I woke up a ton of my animals were gone. I'm not so sure I like they feature as I'm not going to wake up every 10 minutes to play the game......

Is that part of the game?

18. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Your animals shouldn't be gone... just asleep... and able to be woken.

19. Diverge

Diverge Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2013

Never mind I'm dumb and was playing on my iPad this afternoon and then my iPhone later... Didn't realize I had to sync it every time. Oops - wasted this morning. Ha.

20. cmac257

Jun 29, 2012
    I tried deleting the game, force closing, restarting my phone and none have worked. Still a missing iCloud option.