Universal Disco Zoo (By NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #61 Cilo, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    Can you run me through the steps on where to buy it? I can't figure it out. :eek:

Edit: nvm I found it, thanks!

Also to the devs, does trailing your animals with your finger closer to the audience at the gate have any impact on how many coins they tip:? It seemed like there was a slight increase, but that could've been a coincidence. It also seemed to trigger more often when I would do it when a pen had a larger audience, however that also could've just been a coincidence since there are more opportunities for tips to trigger. So does that matter or is the animal finger trailing just for show?

2. FledgeFish

FledgeFish Active Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Soo it costs like $500 to go the the farm area and out back which means ill only be able to go on 2 rescues per $1000. Does anyone know if the prices have a cap or if they just go on until they've reached the max amount of money you can have In the game?

3. ElectricGrandpa

ElectricGrandpa Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Yeah the prices have a cap, each region has a different cap. As you level up your animals they will make way more money, so it balances out! :)

4. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Awesome game! Some suggestions I have:
    ➡️decor for your exhibits
    ➡️ways to upgrade the number of turns you get per game
    ➡️the pattern thing with the animals should be more straight forward, as well as the zoo pedia, which I couldn't even find until I came here. It should be on the store screen.

5. FledgeFish

FledgeFish Active Member

Dec 20, 2012
    This! Especially being able to decorate exhibits.

6. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I haven't tried a Disco Party yet, but if I understand it properly, the party wakes up all your animals and when it ends their timers start.

So the 1 bux disco party is really an activate all tap, while the 10 and 50 bux parties are your money makers. But there is definitely a point to the 1 bux party.

7. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #67 vicsark, Feb 27, 2014
    Yep, the 1 bux disco party is like the workaholic in Pixel People that starts all your buildings at once.
    Not very useful in the beginning, but excellent for the late game I guess.

I've been playing often today (but not non stop) and already got 200 animals and >100 coins per minute.
    My bet is you'll like Disco Zoo ;)

It has nice humor, cute pixel graphics, looks well balanced and generous with its currencies.
    I bought the 100 disco Bux pack to pay for the game after enjoying it in the first few hours, but it's totally unnecessary. I'm still at 96 lol.
    There are a lot of coin tips (even had a few 1k), a few Bux tips, rarer events that grant you coins, possibilities to sell animals to other zoos for a lot of money. The search missing animals missions grant often Bux, or a lot of coins.

A few beginner's tips :
    - remember the animal patterns, write them down or buy the Animalopedia ;)
    - think of the patterns when uncovering the tiles.
    - you'll have plenty of common animals, don't focus on them.
    - only use disco Bux to uncover rare and mostly mythical animals.
    - buy the new zones asap as it's the best way to greatly enhance your coins per minute (and the higher you get, the longer they last)
    - leave Disco Zoo open while casually doing sthg else (watching tv?) and get the rewards/missions (see spoilers).
    - I don't start Disco for now, my guess is that it will be worth it when I earn more coins.

Just played for a day, so I might be mistaken of course :D

Congrats to Matt Rix, Owen Goss and the NimbleBros, it's a nice little game :)

Edit: There's a guy in GC "CrownedDragon" that has already the max number of animals (
    ) and a few thousands others freed (so I guess he's not a cheater). He must have played 20 hours non stop o_O

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Also during the dancing your coin rate doubles.

9. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Even with a pretty huge zoo, I don't think there would really be a necessity for a wake-all button when it just takes two taps to wake each animal and it gives you something active to do besides pick up visitor offerings while you're at the zoo.

To me, the 1 "bux" disco is more for when you just want to have a disco party.

I don't think I would use the the 10 but getting eight hours for 50 is a bargain.

10. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Veronica Mars spotted in Disco Zoo :D

Attached Files:

11. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    What are the region caps?

12. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    First off, I'm really enjoying the game. I think it swings a little more toward the game side on the game-simulation pendulum, so I'm enjoying it a bit more than most of the pure NimbleBit ventures. Of course, time will tell, as I would always eventually feel like I was wasting my life playing Tiny Tower/SWTDS or Pocket Frogs/Planes/Trains. (Overshare)

Second, the only glitch(?) I've noticed is that during disco time, some of the people end up with the animals. I should have counted to see if they were straight replacing the animal sprites or not, but I just thought of that and the disco ended 2 minutes ago. :(

Third, I am really impressed at the attention to detail. While I would like to see some water in the Crocodile habitat, the comments of the visitors have been interesting to downright informative. After reading the Wikipedia page for the Mythical animal in the Outback region, I was surprised at the amount of topical comments the people made. Good work!

Keep up the good work! I am so glad that I was able to say, "I just caught a unicorn for my disco zoo" during a staff meeting this morning.

13. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Yeah, I'm definitely planning to spend 50 as soon as I have them. Even at a measly 111 cpm, 8 hours of double earning would be over 100,000 coins, which is fuel for quite a bit of playing and unlocking. Would be especially awesome overnight.

14. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    ?
    I thought the disco party doubled their income during their usual awake time?
    Does it extend their awake time as well?
    If I'm launching an hour disco, will all the animals stay awake for the full hour?

if so, it's very powerful indeed o_O
    I might have missed this during tutorial :D

15. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Yes, the animals stay awake for the full disco period, bringing in extra coins. Once the disco is completed, their sleep countdowns resume.

16. Flynn Taggart

Flynn Taggart Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I am ashamed at myself for enjoying this game so much. I should know better. :(

17. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    You don't need to go to the Zoo Office, to check your stats. It's faster to tap the top left corner of the screen, where coins/min or number of animals is displayed.

18. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    #78 cofunguy, Feb 27, 2014
    A true fact...

Only in Disco Zoo would a lost cow or sheep in a crocodile's pen not be considered lunch!!

19. cmac257

cmac257 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Anyone here know how to sync between a iPhone and iPad?

20. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Menu > Options > iCloud - it will show the most recent save there so you can compare and download.