Universal Disco Zoo (By NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Feb 26, 2014.

1. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

I did that with Pocket Train and Planes D:
    It was always "lemee check one more time". Then I turned off notifications to try to minimize it, but I couldn't do it. I had to check every 10 minutes >.<.

2. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Is this a game?

3. ElectricGrandpa

ElectricGrandpa Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Nope, more of a p̡͙̠r͕̗̠o͙͢d͍͈͙͍̣̰͓͞u̗̱̰̥̝͝c̝̼̖͡t̮͇͖̮i͎̤vi͎̞̥̦̰͡ͅt̷y̬͕̗ ͕̜̩ṱ̢͙̥̥ͅo͎͍ọ̴̼l̨͖

4. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Your post is glitched....

5. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Been carrying around my paper for three weeks now. Really enjoyed the beta. As with any Nimblebits game, the iap are unnecessary. Think of it as a tip for the developers. I have all 1050 animals and diamond trophy on all but 12. So yeah, I really enjoyed this game. It misses some of the social aspects of say, Pocket Frogs but if you like productivity based gamed this one has a lot of charm. Watching the animals dance never gets old. And the comments by both the animals and the people are quite clever. Unlocking the mythical creatures is also a blast! Let me know if you have a question.

6. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Yep, I enjoyed it a fair bit too. Maxed out every animal and got them to bronze statue minimum and I slowed down from then, quite happy with how much I had got from it. There are some awesome animals coming, dare I say better than unicorns!

Definitely doesn't demand IAP spending and is as charming as the dev's games always are.

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Played beta like others an it's certainly worth picking up. IAP is unnecessary but purchasing the zoopedia I'd just see as supporting the devs as the app is free.

Also people asking if it's a game...tiny tower, tiny Death Star and small street and the other games all similar are exactly the same but I think this is a bit more of a game than those as it has the matching puzzle mechanic.

There's so much the devs can do with the game so hopefully it does well and gets supported with updates.

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    It's not bad and I'll keep it on my device for the time being but if you have addiction problems I would NOT recommend this game. There's so many ways to make you keep playing that it'll be hard to not open the app. To collect coins or wake up animals that fall asleep every 5 or so minutes can be fun or irritating.

However I love the presentation and finding new animals seems fun so I'll be giving it a shot for a least a little while.

9. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I hope the income from the animals keeps in step with the cost of getting more animals. I've blown through my initial funds in minutes and I have to wait ten minutes at my current income to get 1 more go, during which time I have to shake my animals when they fall asleep so they keep on earning

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ Yeah you barely make any money when you start out. It costs 130 for my next run and my animals give me like 1-3 coins. This could turn into a giant grind.. Hopefully it'll pick up with more animals.

11. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    #31 andysmash, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
    I give it a 4 out of 5.

12. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    How does this run on iPhone 4?

13. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    The only time it felt grindy to me was later on saving up for the last two airships. The jungle was 500k and took me a little over a day to collect and the Jurassic was 1 million and took just under 48 hours.

14. OTrain13

OTrain13 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Co-founder, Milkbag Games
    Canada
    It runs like a dream! :D I'm one of the devs, so you don't have to take my word for it (you can ask around more). But my phone is an iPhone 4 and that's the main device I used for testing throughout development. I wanted to make sure it ran well on it. :)

15. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    looks cool. definitely has that grindy, tiny tower feel, although in a totally different way LOL

16. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying the fact that it require less planning than pocket trains.

That's good, but at the same time I don't know if the replay value will be the same. I definitely intend to go back to pocket trains at a later time when I have patience to restructure my railroads. I still have 900 bux left there.

On a side note, the bux in this one, or whatever they're called are a bit harder to get, innit?

17. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    That is awesome to hear! Thank you so much for keeping it in mind!

18. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Not really, you'll find people drop them quite often and most quests are paid out in discobux. Plus you can often find them when hunting. The only time I used them was in trying to finish a mythical beast and I was never short of them or ran out. Also you'll figure out how to target the animal you want to find. If the animal is three spaces wide, then start emptying the middle column and you will find it with enough tries left to get it. If it is squarish in shape, search just inside the corners.

19. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I do appreciate at least that this game can be played offline. If it was any other company, I'd expect a constant internet connection sadly. I had some free time at work and was able to boot it right up. Pretty fun for time wasting.

20. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    so ive been playing for half a day now. definitely grindy. gets to apoint where youre tempted to go rescue more animals or save for the next vehicle. I caved and used my 10 bux to start an hourlong disco just to get to the 10k vehicle. :) otherwise its cool if monotonous.