Universal Disco Dave (by Amused Sloth)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 8, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Thank you for the PM. I some time aside right now to try and see if I can get a bit better using your suggestions. Plus I want to unlock some more characters! Let's see how it goes!

Billy

2. Amused Sloth

Amused Sloth Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2016
    You are welcome Billy. Anytime!

3. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #23 LordShad0wz, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Ok,

I just got the same character 3 times in a row. Is there anyway you can please change that? I watched a bunch of ads for the coins even though I bought the coin tripler. Getting the exact same character 3 times in a row is a bit much. It was the Skrillex character. I got the dinosaur first and then the Skrillex character 3 times.

I'm starting to get the controls a bit better. I'm getting there.

Billy

4. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    This is a great little game with reasonable iaps, great gameplay and good controls. Ale times the controls are not that responsive and i got one freeze (music still playing) on the live iOS 10 build. Enyoing it so far.

5. Amused Sloth

Mar 7, 2016
    Glad to hear that you are getting better at it Billy! The mechanism for unlocking new character is randomized and we strongly believe that is for the best in the long term :)

Thank you and see you on the leaderboards :)

Thank you so much for the feedback! So far we did not have any crashes for the game reported through the system but we will check again! Thanks again, glad you are enjoying Disco Dave :)

Cheers!

6. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    This one is pretty fun! I have to hold my phone tilted to the left a bit or else the angle of the dance floor really screws me up, lol. I'm complete rubbish at this game so far, but I'm going to try to get the hang of it. Don't expect to see me on the leader boards, haha!

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #27 LordShad0wz, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Ok,

So after playing and playing and playing and playing I got a little better but not much. Usually when I lose in a game I want to feel like it's my fault that I lost. That's not how I feel in this game. I feel I'm fighting the control scheme more than the game. Adjustments need to be made to it for it be fun yet challenging. For instance increase the time slightly you have to swipe.

Secondly at this point I'm no longer watching ads. Normally in a crossy road style system there's a 40% chance you get a character and usually you do not get the same character multiple times in a row. Devs usually make sure that's coded in. I've watched so many ads that it ran out. I also paid for no ads. I shouldn't continue to get the same repeatedly multiple times in a row bam bam. Twice I've gotten a character 3 times in a row. So no more ads. It's not worth my time anymore. This needs to be adjusted.

I really want to just flat out love the hell out of this game. There's so much that's really awesome about it. But the above two issues are pretty huge and really detract from the experience for me. I write this so the dev can understand from a player and fan perspective. I spent several hours dedicated playing. I paid the IAP's to show financial support and watched so many ads the ad network told me to go eff myself hehe. I really just want to enjoy the game more. Also remember video ads don't just take my time but also my data which is not unlimited. If I'm not getting a fair return then I won't waste my data.

Billy

8. Amused Sloth

Mar 7, 2016
    #28 Amused Sloth, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Disco Dave got featured!!!

Hi all guys,

we are excited to say that Disco Dave got featured by Apple on over 100 countries of the world with a main banner and a lot lot lot of other categories!!!

We could not be happier and more excited about this!

Thank you all for making this happen! We are grateful!

[​IMG]

9. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#29 Anotherkellydown, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    Late to comment as I've been playing this since release. I really like this. If you feel like you can't make it to that tile you need on time, just land on any old colored tile. Yes, it resets your combo, but it's better than the alternative. :)

I'm close to breaking 1,000 points. That's my goal for now. Lots of nifty characters to unlock. @LordShad0wz - I wouldn't worry too much about the character collection (unless of course you really like collecting them) since they are all purely cosmetic. Hope you start kicking some serious disco butt!

It's crazy that there's only one song but it keeps me pumped even after longer sessions. Wouldn't hurt to have a couple more tunes... Also, glad there is Game Center support for leaderboards, now we just need some achievements ;)

Keep up the good work and congratulations on getting featured, Amused Sloth!

Edit: a little potato chip grease (pizza works too) goes a long way towards lubing up that thumb :/
    Works great on SHMUPs as well. No joke.

10. Amused Sloth

Mar 7, 2016
    Hahahahahah! omg the trick with the grease really works!!! Just tried this out with some BBQ ribs and got to say I raised a few hundreds in the leaderboards!

Thank you for the suggestions! We are definitely going to add lots of cool stuff in the game! Stay tuned ;)

11. Anotherkellydown

#31 Anotherkellydown, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    Sweet! :D

Does the tempo increase as your combo multiplier goes up? It's probably just me getting more tense.

12. Amused Sloth

Mar 7, 2016
    It's the disco fever taking over!

The music and the speed actually remain the same. The speed of the rotating character is increasing for every successful combo move. Probably that makes you think that the game and music are getting faster :)

13. Anotherkellydown

Ah, yes. The disco fever has definitely consumed me. That explains that! I liked your retweet of my "potato chip trick". :D

14. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Where did you get this information from? I have never heard it from any developer. They are almost always 100% RNG.

15. Amused Sloth

Mar 7, 2016
    Waiting for the review!!!

Hi all,

we have submitted an update to Apple and we are still waiting for the approval of the update (the probably are probably overwhelmed with the iOS 10 updates so we probably have to wait a bit more). But not worries there!

When we get the green light I will post here what we have prepared for the game this week :)

16. Amused Sloth

Mar 7, 2016
    #36 Amused Sloth, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    Disco Dave version 1.0.4 is out!

Hey all awesome toucharcaders!

Wanted to let you know that Disco Dave has a new update!

[​IMG]

We have decided to include two instead of one new characters in this update. The two new characters are the Nightclub Ninja & Touchdown Timmy! Thank you for choosing them!

[​IMG]

We also added the option to view an ad to continue your streak on the leader boards! Have fun and see you on the leader boards!

My score is 1930! What's yours?

17. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Up to what score is real on the leaderboards, I'm pretty sure I saw a 800k score as the highest.. My personal highest is 15k

18. Amused Sloth

Mar 7, 2016
    From the technical point of view even the 800k can be a real score! Even your score of 15k for my personally seems unreal!!! My max is 1920 points!!! You're good!

19. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #39 hvianna, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    I found something today.. completely unintentional though, no idea what I've done :confused:

@Amused Sloth: any plans to sync unlocked characters between devices?

Attached Files:

20. Amused Sloth

Mar 7, 2016
    Shhhhhh! That is a secret hyianna :D

Regarding the sync between devices, we are going to look into it! Maybe we will add it in a future update :D