Universal Disc Golf To Go (by Kelsey Doherty)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DiscGolf2Go, Aug 1, 2017.

1. DiscGolf2Go

DiscGolf2Go Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I'm happy to report that version 1.1 has finally been submitted to the App Store!

This update ended up addressing a lot more than I was initially expecting. (I'll post the full update changes in a future post.) The biggest challenge (as a game dev) was getting the camera controls to not break the rest of the game - which it did over and over again lol. #gameDevProblems

In the end I settled for a non-conventional system of "one-finger" camera controls. You can pan by dragging on the map, and, instead of two-finger pinching, double-tapping with one finger toggles you between 3 different zoom states: close-up, medium zoom, and full-zoom-out. And, of course, you can throw your disc from any view! By sticking with one-finger for the camera controls it actually feels like a natural extension of how the game normally plays.

The new camera controls feel great, and it's alot easier now to setup your shots! I can't wait for you to try them.

[​IMG]

2. LionForests

LionForests Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Great. Looking forward to the changes. I admit I stopped playing and waited for them before going at it again.

3. DiscGolf2Go

Hi everyone, unfortunately Apple rejected the update because how Disc Golf To Go looks on iPads. They aren't wrong, but I found it strange because it passed with my initial release. I've always planned to go back and make the game universal - looks like I have to do it now.

So the good news: Along with everything else being added in v1.1, Disc Golf To Go will also fully support iPads!

I've already started the process and am finding it much easier than I expected. This shouldn't add more than an extra week or so of development time.

4. DiscGolf2Go

Hi everyone, Disc Golf To Go v1.1 has been resubmitted to the App Store (now version 1.1.1). it contains all of the updates, new features, and bug fixes listed at the top of this page - and now it supports iPads!

[​IMG]

5. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I have been enjoying the game as is but this is great news.

6. DiscGolf2Go

Awesome!

And the big update is now live, everyone. Woohoo! Let me know what you think. For the next update I'm planning to concentrate on new levels.

7. DiscGolf2Go

Hi everyone, in the next update to Disc Golf To Go, Dwight gets a new course! Unfortunately this particular park hasn't had a groundskeeper in years and the "locals" don't want to be disturbed!

[​IMG]

Also, there will be some new disc art and other surprises.

[​IMG]

8. DiscGolf2Go

Hi everyone, sorry for the longer delay in updates. I recently switched to a new laptop and had to rebuild my development process (And deal with a few crashes in between). But I'm back up and running and making new levels for Disc Golf To Go.

In the next update you'll see that Dwight has recently acquired a new course! Autumn Orchards used to be the most popular disc golf course in town, but has since been boarded up and forgotten. Dwight wants to re-build it and he needs your help "testing" the levels. ...Just watch out for the wildlife, they are not happy about this development.

[​IMG]

Check out this video preview of some of the new mechanics. I'm pretty excited because it's not just more of the same.

9. DiscGolf2Go

Hi everyone, I finally submitted the next update to the App Store. Once it gets approved, I'll announce a release date. Thanks for your patience! The Holiday Season (along with normal life) has made it pretty hard to find time to gamedev.

I think you will enjoy these new levels. I tried to build them in such a way where just when you think you know everything about the game there's a new mechanic or new enemy that forces you to come up with a new strategy.

Here's a small example, large rocks appear in later levels. Hitting them will just straight-up breaks your disc. Dwight can repair it when you restart the level, but until then you won't be able to use it. Not a big deal when it's your first shot, but on bigger levels you may need all of your discs. This definitely raises the stakes with each shot you take.

[​IMG]

10. BazookaTime

Great News!

11. DiscGolf2Go

The latest Disc Golf To Go update will be releasing this coming Wednesday, Dec 6th! New levels, new obstacles, and more fun. Here's the full description and a new video. Thanks for your support!

The newest update brings a NEW COURSE and NEW LEVELS. Test your disc golf skills in the wild forest of ANGRY ACORNS. Now there are over 50 levels in Disc Golf To Go! These new levels are filled with new enemies and gameplay mechanics that will put your disc golf skills to the test.

• 9 NEW LEVELS & 9 NEW PRO LEVELS: Dwight's restoring an old disc golf course. It's been closed for years - who knows what's inside! The "front-9" are ready to go. Grab your discs and let's hit the NEW course!

• WILD HAZARDS: This is no walk in the park! New enemies and obstacles will test your disc golf skills!

• NEW DISC ART & COLORS: Added 5 new shapes and 5 new symbols to the disc design library, also a bunch of new colors!

• BUG FIXES: Some small bugs have been fixed too.

12. DiscGolf2Go

Hi everyone. Here's another peak at the next update. If you throw your disc into a maple tree it'll become covered in maple syrup (yum!). Maple syrup is a natural squirrel-repellent in the world of Disc Golf To Go! Your next shot will fly right through those squirrels as if they weren't even there.

This mechanic makes for some neat puzzles later on. Usually you are avoiding trees at all costs, but now you have to try to hit some.

New levels on December 6th!

13. DiscGolf2Go

Hi everyone, the new update is out, but unfortunately there is a bug that prevents the new course from opening. The bug only affects previous users who are updating. If you are a new player, or are installing fresh, you are good-to-go.

I'm sorry for this! The hotfix is ready to go and will be out as soon as apple approves.

14. DiscGolf2Go

The hotfix is out. I hope you enjoy these new levels! Any feedback is appreciated. I’m already starting to brainstorm for the next batch.

15. BazookaTime

Nice Job, one of my favorite iOS games.

16. DiscGolf2Go

#36 DiscGolf2Go, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    December 14th update:

Greetings golfers! Version 1.3 is OUT NOW. It has a new course, 18 new levels (9 regular, and 9 pro), new hazards and tons of fun!

Plus it now only costs $1.99, down from $3.99. Pay once, play forever. No ads!

What's going on in this update? Welcome to Boom Boom Fields! War has erupted on the disc golf course! This new course has 18 challenging levels that will test your puzzle-solving skills. Can you avoid the artillery and make it to the basket?

I've also put in a bunch of bug fixes, a "how to play page", and iPhone X, Xr, Xs, and Xs Max support!

Here's a taste of some of the new stuff:

17. DiscGolf2Go

Oops, I meant to update post 1, not my previous post above. Anyway, the update is now live!

- 18 new levels
    - Permanent price drop
    - iPhone X, Xr, Xs, and Xs Max support!

Here's the official trailer for v1.3.