iPad Disc Drivin' - Turn-based online multiplayer racing!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pixelocity, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    No issues here, FWIW.

2. Surely

Surely Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    I've been playing this game since Feb 6, 2011. I decided to look up my iTunes receipt to find out the exact date :p

I'm LALeaf......feel free to challenge me.....just don't leave me hanging in the middle of the game! :)

3. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I've been wondering why I haven't had any notifications and realized I had 19 games open. I don't want to set a random match so if anybody wants a match(definitely open to games with 3+ people) hit me up.

Username: B34$T

4. burn

burn Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sys Admin
    I think I'm at 20 games already but if you can get a multiple person game going, b34$t, add me to it. Username: burn

5. bgribin

bgribin Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I'm bgribin and also open to game invites.

6. burn

burn Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sys Admin
    Anyone else's DD been acting up the past few days? The games where it's my turn aren't show up on my iPad and the games I've already played are still showing up on my iPhone like they're waiting on me.

7. burn

burn Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sys Admin
    Ok I just deleted the game and reinstalled it and now I'm not showing any games at all. New, old, completed. Nothing.

I still have my iPhone but it's acting up, too.

Surely this isn't happening to just me.

8. anada

anada Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Anyone else having issues with this lately? I tried to go in to take my turn in a few games but none load up as being my turn. When I try to go into any of the races under "Their Turn" I immediately get the popup message:

Failed to load race please try again

However I am still receiving push notifications as others take their turns? Very frustrating as I love this game! Anyone else experiencing this?

9. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Still no single player campaign?

10. anada

anada Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Hmmmm so I deleted it for a fresh install but now it loads halfway and fails...

11. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Any plans for a DD 2?

12. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Yes, a sequel of some kind would be fun, but at the same time it would fragment the player base into two groups... I'm happy keeping everyone on one title. (New tracks/powers are certainly fun, but I can't complain about that: they've delivered a TON of free new content over time.)

If they do a sequel (or another big map set) maybe it should be an IAP expansion. A way to pay for itself. (And I still think all the different disc skins should be sold together as one IAP: almost nobody will buy more than one skin pack anyway, and getting them all is a more tempting purchase. I bet that would boost the number of IAP buyers.)

13. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I would be good with another set of tracks but I would like to see some more obstacles grabs et cetera. Something new to the gameplay.

Hey developer guys if you are listeningÂ… My friend says you can add spin to your disc if you do it right but I can't get it to work. Is this something that's in the game or just a rumor.
    Players? What say you?
    If it's not a gameplay feature, maybe it should be. They say if you flick the disc on the side it will rotate but like I said it doesn't work for me.

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I would pay for an expansion as long as it comes with a bunch of courses. Definitely happy to give these folks more money. And for the record, I bought several of the decal packs, in large part just to support them. Plus they look cool. :)

15. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    More courses for $1 or $2 please #

16. dls911

dls911 Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Is there anyway to block players who are causing problems (intentional or not) ? A fellow player has someone who is starting races but only taking the first turn then never playing again, but continues to start new ones.

Also, been playing daily since April 2011, I'm very regular and lively. Stats 990/890/60. Lets race.

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I think it's time for Disc Drivin' 2. I want an all new design and all new courses. None of the old (keep those in original recipe). I'd be happy to pay for it!

18. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Anybody who is interested there is a tournament starting

19. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    I'm up for a second edition.