iPad Disc Drivin' - Turn-based online multiplayer racing!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pixelocity, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Inksplat

Inksplat Member

Oct 26, 2010
    I picked the game up. Name is Inksplat.

Feel free to add me!

2. PercyT

PercyT New Member

Dec 27, 2010
    #42 PercyT, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
    I'm up for some races too - username is PercyT

Also - my opinion on the ads - my only request would be for them to come up quicker - I get quite a but of lag just waiting for the ad come up. Only a minor annoyance, just figured I'd throw some feedback out there. I'm having fun with the game though!

3. Inksplat

Inksplat Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Man, it can be tricky to hit a swipe just right when you have to navigate a windy passage with no walls. I feel like what I'm doing is a gentle swipe, and I go flying off the edge.

Figure it'll probably be something that'll come to me with practice though--but I figure that'll be where games are won or lost.

4. Riggy

Riggy Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    I really love this game! My only suggestion (besides some kind of online matchmaking) would be a friends list to save other users to, to expedite creating games. Thanks for making such a great online game!

5. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Is there a way to refresh the games list without having to quit and restart the app? I'm probably going to feel silly, but I can't seem to find it.

Also, nice to see this game picking up. With a lot more folks to play with lately, I think I'll be picking up the full version shortly.

Just want to second what's already been suggested too: a contact list is essential. Matchmaking would be great. A leaderboard of some kind and/or stats, would do a lot for longevity of the game too.

6. Inksplat

Inksplat Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Has anyone else noticed a massive battery drain with the game? Every time I open it to take a single turn, my battery seems to drop nearly a full %.

Seems a little bit drastic for about a minute of having the app open.

7. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Another suggestion: when someone wins, let the remaining players (those who haven't gotten a turn this round) have their last turn too, for fairness. This would allow ties. In other words, insure that everyone gets to play the same number of turns.

It refreshes itself, although I notice a little delay sometimes.

8. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Hmm. I don't think it works very well. I've left the app open for maybe 10 mins after completing my turns and nothing. Then I switch it off and back on and have 5-6 moves waiting for me. Or really just adding a manual refresh button would work.

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    It is supposed to auto refresh, but it does lag quite a bit. I've taken to closing and opening the app to force a refresh, but this is far from ideal. Someone on Twitter suggested a pull-to-refresh which I think would be brilliant.

Nice games earlier, BTW :)

10. Pixelocity

Pixelocity Well-Known Member

Great suggestions everyone, we're definitely listening to everything being said on the forums!

Regarding the refresh, I believe this is currently set to 1 minute after you bring up the main menu. So it can be faster to close / restart the app. We may adjust this if you were in a game for a while and have come back to the main menu after some time. Earlier in development we had the game list refresh happen every time the main menu appeared, but this was worse because you would end up waiting for the refresh to complete when you just wanted to immediately go into your next game. And that frequency of refresh was largely unnecessary. But we can certainly see the case where waiting 1 minute on the main menu could be too long if you've been in and out of games for several minutes.

Thanks again for all the great feedback everyone!

11. Arkais

Arkais Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    I just downloaded and was looking for a few games. My ID is bradytoomey, please add me :)

12. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Pleeeeease add random matchmaking like Words With Friends! This is an amazing game but it's a little annoying that you have to hunt down names and then hope one happens to want to play!

My s/n is sweetdiss!

13. Pawtklok

Pawtklok Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Add me up.... Sn: pawt
    Down fer some games

14. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    I'd like to make a sugestion, add a poke button to each game ( like in we doodle ) to send a notification to whoevers turn it is when a game has been idle for a unreasonable time.

15. Ricinator

Ricinator Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Australia
    Anyone in for a game, feel free to add me: Ricinator

16. dosch033

dosch033 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    #56 dosch033, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
    Hey ! There are still some places available for the Disc Drivin' Tournament here on the forum :) If not, I'll post you on a waiting list for a second tournament :)

This game is Legen - wait for your turn - Dary ! Awesome :D Got over night more than 5 match requests xD

17. bgribin

bgribin Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Is the only difference between the free and paid version really just the ads?

18. Guido123

Guido123 New Member

Dec 28, 2010
    I'm ready to race, add me, Guido

19. Jonakin

Jonakin New Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Just downloaded, add me: Jonakin

20. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Started one up with you guys.

If anyone else wants to have some races, add Boardumb. I only have 11 races going at the moment, still 9 slots open!!