Universal Disc Drivin' 2 (by Pixelocity Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 1, 2018.

1. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    For some reason I seem to have 1.8 billion coins today lol.

2. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I just won a race and now have 1.2 million coins. Cool glitch I guess.

3. squirpe

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    Can’t seem to send turns either..

Attached Files:

4. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    So apparently I'm not the only one!

I was also having trouble sending turns before this happened. Also bought the doubler last night before this. Seems like that $5 went further than I even hoped it would...

Attached Files:

5. lazrhog

lazrhog Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    Yep me too on the coins front. Starting to enjoy the differences between this and disc drivin now. Both very different games despite the similarity. Akin to Mario kart on the GBA vs the DS. Sequels, but very different games. Possible to love both

6. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

All my friends and I have been able to get these coins. One of my friends has over 1 trillion coins now.

I’m stoked because now none of us have to worry about unfair gameplay which was my main concern.

7. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    Unfortunately the problem with getting so many coins is that you can’t buy any more cards after the current card purchase options run out. Millions of coins and can’t spend them anymore. Means the game is stuck at this point forever ....

8. Robulous

Robulous Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    What do cards do? Apparently I have 2, but not sure why I should care.

9. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Figures everyone gets an awesome bajillion-coin glitch and I'm still stuck not even earning the ones I deserve through wins... :rolleyes:

10. squirpe

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    Although that partially depends at what level you were at when the coin glitch was active. Some things like hover and auto pilot don't unlock until you level up some. So, I still have to get coins for those 2 things since they've since been reset to 0. Admittedly that's not too many tho in the general scheme of things.

11. theboxhead

theboxhead Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Yes to all of this! I’m still enjoying it overall though.

12. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    Ah ok, that makes sense

13. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Not Receiving Coins

I bought the $4.99 "premium" IAP & I am not receiving coins for completing races.

Side Note: I would like to see the option to remove mulligans
    I would like to remove the "red1" indicated that you have the daily challenge

Love the game

14. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #34 ImNoSuperMan, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    Just found out about this today. Loved the original. But this is really bad. The game itself seems fine. I could ignore the IAP too. But the mulligan ability completely kills the game for me. I hope they atleast make mulligan optional at the start of the race if not completely remove it. Also, in game chat is a must too.

15. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Ads?

I missed this and found it via the TA newsletter. Thanks!

The IAP model seems to be strange. You can buy the deluxe version but it only gives you up to 25 parallel races and a few consumables. It does not remove the annoying ads.

Besides that I started to like this game. To compare it I installed Disc Drivin 1 and was amazed at how slow the gameplay in DD1 is. DD2 changes the whole feeling with the ability to swipe a second time and even a third time. Games are much more faster in DD2.

However, there are issues, mostly with spikes, which make some tracks unplayable for me. When you jump over spikes you still get killed. There seems to be an invisible rectangular around spikes, which kills you and not the spikes in that rectangular.

/\/\/\
    ______
    | |

You see that you don't touch the spike, but the game still kills you, because you touched that invisible rectangle :(.

16. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Missed chances

DD2 is full of unused chances. The limited number of races results in not being able to start multiplayer races. And I get this information only after selecting the player. Being able to see the replay is great, but you cannot share a video of the replay. The list of running games does not automatically refresh itself, so you miss your turn (pull to refresh is only a workaround, the game should automatically refresh the game). And the list goes on. I hope that they fix something in upcoming updates. And remove the ads for deluxe customers.

17. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I've had a crashing problem lately. Occasionally when u submit my turn, the app crashes. If I re-open it and try to submit again, it crashes again. Only workarounds seem to be either forfeiting or using a mulligan to try my turn again.

18. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#38 Anotherkellydown, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Same here, playing against “zebe” and can’t finish my turn. I don’t use mulligans but I will this time if it helps get the game going again. Strangely, I’m still able to play other people, just not that particular online race...

EDIT: Everything seems to be all fine and dandy after the update. Thanks pixelocity