Dirt Moto Racing (yep, a sequel to Aqua Moto Racing)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    I purchased this app. It's one of the apps I keep on my phone. But I'm not satisfied with the lack of updates. Doesn't matter what the description says; I know what I have played. The game has four base tracks. Each of those tracks are then divided up into a couple of areas of said track. All of these areas look the same. The placement of buoys and and jump markers are different, but the areas all look the same.

I know you guys like the app; I do, as well, but it's not all it could be. Fin.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

What updates does it need? Are there bugs they need to fix or do you think $3.99 buys you some kind of unlimited content subscription that the developers need to constantly be pushing out for free?

3. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    I give up. Everyone wins. I love everybody. I just had a dream TouchArcade banned me. I concede. Aqua Moto is the greatest app ever. Fin.

4. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Finally, you're seeing reason russiaone!:p

I can see where you're coming from, but you can't expect everyone to agree with you even if some may. To me, the racing is happening on the water, and that's the same on every track (we could discus shades of green, blue, brown, what have you, but in essence it is a big flat smooth wide stretch of H2O). The rest is just eye candy and does nothing to improve gameplay. Some variety is nice, and the 4 environments provide enough of it for me. But something like 12 or 20 different landscapes would just make the app very big, make it more costly because of the time spent on them, and change nothing to the racing bit. It's not like you'd have mountains, towns, countryside, snow, ice, etc like in a road racing game. Water, buoys, opponents, a ramp here and there, and bring it on! Best racer IMO, even after buying fastlane and pink slip this week.

5. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    So far it sounds like an aqua moto clone on land.

I am definitely getting this!

6. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    just got some news on this. yep; it's official. and it's due for the end of may.

7. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    This is on my list, and hopefully includes a career mode. I'm already a big fan of Aqua Moto so I expect this will be just as good if not better in terms of the mechanics.

8. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Link?

9. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    no link. it was an email to me. that if there are going to be any update to clusterball, it will be after dirt moto racing, due for the end of may. if i get any more details i'll let u guys know

10. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Competition

It seems as though 2XL's Supercross racing is gonna have some competition.
    The controls for Aqua moto racing were amazing and so were the graphics. So long as Dirt Moto Racing can offer better graphics, more tricks, and diffrent bikes, it will be the best Dirt biking game for the iphone.