iPad Diner Dash vs Crazy Hotdogs?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by bluemoit, Dec 17, 2008.

1. bluemoit

bluemoit Member

Dec 17, 2008
    #1 bluemoit, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
    Diner Dash VS Crazy Hotdogs (Both on sale/ nice time to compare)
    PC originated traditional time-management VS iphone optimized new concept
    Just tell me which you you go for?

2. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Definitely diner dash. Hotdogs is only ok.

3. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Agreed diner dash, although a little feminine i think that sallys salon trumps both these games :)

4. iphoner

iphoner Member

Dec 15, 2008
    #4 iphoner, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
    whichever.. but

sally's is the ssiest among the three, diner dash is typical
    the new one, crazy hotdogs I'd go for instead
    Just in my opinion

5. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I like Diner Dash the most. I like how Sally's Salon has cartoonish (slightly girly) artwork/graphics, but I think Diner Dash is a little more challenging and fun.

6. im_irish

im_irish Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Diner Dash

7. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    crazy hotdogs is a game to stay away from!

8. theBeast

theBeast New Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Private Cage, Circus
    Diner Dash/Sally's Salon/Crazy Hotdogs?

I definitely agree that SS is better than DD.
    After first five minutes of playing DD, I got pissed off by those tiny objects in the game.
    - especially that small zone with coffee pot, trash can and top-right corner table
    I'm in a hurry to touch the right spot, but I just can't do it,
    probably because I have the fingertips of a grown up - maybe kids with smaller fingertips can do better.

Some might say that being able to touch the right spot is skill, but I'd say that making a game like that is poor design and lack of consideration.
    I've deleted the game after couple of days, so I don't know if they changed that with an update or not.

SS was much easier to play, having larger objects and easier goals for each stage.
    As far as I am concerned, SS is much better mainly due to user friendly interface.
    Easy goals for each stage (and overly patient customers) makes it more enjoyable - but less challenging.

I think Crazy Hotdogs is a completely different type of game.
    DD and SS are mainly concerned with overall management of a shop, how to effectively put customers through chains of events, whereas CH deals with the food (hotdogs) and customers on a more personal basis.
    You get to see customers face-to-face as they get angry over burnt hotdogs:eek:
    Customers in CH seems to be much more alive than those in DD or SS, not just the voice inside the game, but also the different types of characteristics that you can actually see.
    Other than that, there isn't all that much to talk about the game, but I there's somehing in the game that makes me continue to play the game.
    I think it's worth trying out.

What I'm really looking forward to is a game with the challenges of Diner Dash, user friendly interface of Sally's Salon and the customers of Crazy Hotdogs.

9. TempFolder

TempFolder Member

Dec 17, 2008
    I like CrazyHotdogs~!!

It's speedy!! and rush~!!@!@!@!
    Actually, DD is little bit slow..

10. Liljeberg

Liljeberg Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Graphic Designer / IT Support
    Sweden
    #10 Liljeberg, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
    Then there's also Chocolate shop Frenzy and Fast Food Nation to consider.

11. Kursndax

Kursndax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I love crazy hotdogs, mostly cause I love to cook and you really have to manage cooking them hotdogs while you serve to customers and try not to burn them. you have to keep the grill hot at the same time,

that game is crazy fast paced

I also think chocolate shop frenzy is the most polish game of them all, it has awesome graphics and lots of game play

I been playing sally salon lately and I think its fun, you have to pay for upgrades in sally but not in shop frenzy. You get upgrades as you play.

I hadn't tried diner dash yet, but its next on my list.

I am hooked on these types of fast paced games

12. bluemoit

bluemoit Member

Dec 17, 2008
    OK. Here's what.
    The average rates at the App Store.
    Crazy Hotdogs - 4.5
    Chocolate Shop Frenzy - 4.5
    Diner Dash - 4
    Sally's Salon - 4
    Fast Food Nation - 2.5

Anything more to compare in this genre?

13. radiostar

radiostar Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Crazy Hotdogs is finally in toucharcade! It's good to see this game in discussion. I was a big fan of Diner Dash when it came out for PC. But a bit disappointed on its iPhone version though mainly due to its uncomfortable UIs and diluded graphics when you compare it to its original PC version.
    But about crazy hotdogs, it's opposite. I bought the game last week and am still playing it. I expected almost nothing and bam! It was far much more than expectation. It really worths to spend your time and money. This is one of the best games which has the best UI, controls, effects for iPhone. Plus very addicting. The more you play the more you want to play.
    For the others lined in this discussion.. I haven't tried yet. I might try after I got bored with crazy hotdogs. But until then I may stay with this one.

14. minmin_i

minmin_i Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    crazy hotdog's a fun game. all the characters have dif. personalities, flipping sausages makes me hungry
    diner dash's good but not fresh anymore

15. Pami89

Pami89 Member

Nov 19, 2008
    i ADORE games like sally's salon, fast food nation, crazy hotdogs (which is a great game btw), chocolate shop frenzy etc. and wish they would make more!!!!!:D:D

16. C.S.J

C.S.J Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    diner dash does not use the full iphone screen, a squre in the middle with black border.

why have they not fixed this yet?

if chocolate frenzy drops in price, i can see me using that instead, because playing the game with this screen problem, is a problem to me. :confused:

also, id like to know about the hotdog game too, what are peoples thoughts on that?

17. LegendTheRock

LegendTheRock New Member

Dec 18, 2008
    #17 LegendTheRock, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  18. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Sallys Salon is a relly good game, well polished and damn addictive.
    Chocolate Shop Frenzy Lite wasn't really that compelling for us.
    Unable to try the others as they're not available in the HK app store.... :(

19. Kursndax

Kursndax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Yeah I love these types

Lately I am playing sally salon, it gets better after you have gotten far and upgraded everything and unlocked all the different styling chairs, it just gets so confusing having a large area bigger than the iphone screen and have to scroll back and forth from one side of the screen to the other.

All the games are pretty much the same, it all depends on what you like to do, do you like to cook, do hair, make chocolate, all are equally fun.

20. Miss brisky

Miss brisky New Member

Dec 18, 2008
    I like Crazy the most. It is totally addictive. I've played for 3 full days!