Universal Dimension of Dreams (by WEXPLORE GAMES)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Lol, so I happened across a game on steam called Gunfire Reborn. Which is a roguelite version of borderlands basically and I do recommend anyone interested in that concept go check it out because it does look pretty sweet, but it is PC only for now.

Anyway while watching playthroughs, I couldn’t help but think the artwork in that game bares an uncanny resemblance to the artwork in DoD but just in 3D. Art from both games has surely just been bought from an online store and plonked in to both games.

2. Ericko90

Ericko90 Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Hey can you specify your strategy for beating the Nightmare Lord? I managed to whittle it to around 250 hp but that's it. You basically need to deal 150 damage per turn (not including the damage needed to break its shield) all while surviving its attacks.

3. Proto Kem

Proto Kem Member

Mar 27, 2020
    I think what you need to do is to increase your damage output. Here's what I did : (again, using the Paladin) I had 2 Courage cards in my deck (both upgraded, so they have a 0 mana cost). Courage needs a Wisdom (green) blessing to play it, but thanks to the Jungle Crown relic, I'll have 1 Wisdom blessing at the start of every turn. Let's say I have a Wisdom blessing and both Courage cards are in my hand. I can easily use one Courage card but I'll get that blessing back, so then I can play the other one. Depending on how fast you can cycle through your deck, you can boost your strength maybe 2 or 3 times in one turn. When I beat the Nightmare Lord, my strength level was at 11!

The Eye For An Eye/Revival Hammer combo is your main offense. You have to chip away at the Nightmare Lord's shields to eventually do some damage. Ideally, Eye For An Eye only needs to be played once, but you can play it again if you want to. This will give you a whole bunch of red Bash cards that you can keep pumping out, but this will, however, bog down your deck. As for Revival Hammer, try to play it when you can to reduce its mana cost to 0, as well as getting some regenerative hammer cards set up for later. I remember doing this and having a few 0 cost hammer cards in my hand. I also still had the special fragment card I got after beating the 3rd set of Nightmare bosses (deal double damage for one turn). My strength was at 5 or 6 at the time, so I played that card and let him have it! Also, keep an eye out for its Dimensional Barrier ability (can take up to 150 damage in one turn). You'll know you've reached your limit when he says, "That's It?". Any damage after that point will be nullified and your attack cards will be wasted. Unless you have some defensive cards to play, you may as well end your turn.

As for defense, I sold off some of my basic Block cards to make room for some Shield Of Curse cards. Shield Of Curse gives you higher defense, but also adds a black Chaos card each time you use it. Black cards can be useful as long as you have a good card or item to use with them. In my case, I had Ring Of Curse that grants you 2 shield every time you use a black card. Shield Of Wise is a good card to use, as well as Dark Dome. With the Poker Card relic, I didn't have to worry about healing since you get 1 hp for every Melt card (Bash and Chaos) you use (Band Aid does the same thing). Skillwise, the only one I ever used was Grand Smite. I also got Durian Helmet which increases Grand Smite by 2. This will also do a little extra damage. Hope this helps!

4. Ericko90

Ericko90 Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Thanks for such a detailed strategy!
    I don't think I'll have much problem in the later turns when my strength level is so high and I have multiple 0-cost hammer ready; it's the early turns that's holding me down because of that Dimensional Barrier limiting my damage output even though I can easily hit for 150+ damage in the last few turns. With 900+ HP and only 8 turns available you need to hit for max damage almost every turn.
    I'm thinking of building either poison focused Samurai/Necromancer or Reflect damage Gladiator for extra damage on the Lord's turn; that shouldn't be counted on the Barrier limit right?

5. Proto Kem

Proto Kem Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Fortunately, Dimensional Barrier is no longer active during the Lord's turn, so counterattacks will help in breaking down his defense. Also, don't worry about how much damage you can do in the beginning of the battle, just focus on setting yourself up to do so early on.