Universal Dimension of Dreams (by WEXPLORE GAMES)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #61 Son of Anarchy, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    Up to Dream level 7 now with the mighty Paladin and things are getting very difficult. There’s not much room for error and you need to hope for a good card or two early on because even the early monsters aren’t easy.

Tried a run with the Samurai and quickly became confused with his deck. I think he’ll take the longest to get used to before becoming confident. I ended up just playing cards one by one as they were (helpfully) highlighted because my brain wasn’t ready to concentrate that hard at the time. Think I’ll try getting the other two characters to level 10 then come back to him.

It’s been good to read everyone else’s thoughts about the game & different strategies.

2. arora50

arora50 Active Member

Aug 25, 2015
    #62 arora50, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    422C9535-9974-4449-8D5F-3F70628B2331.jpeg
    Yay got the paladin, demon samurai is pretty messed up. Paladin on the other hand seems pretty strong! Only one card right now seems to be broken (wisdom judgement)

The difficulty challenge that I struggle the most with is limiting hand size to 6

Apparently you only get the difficulty bonus one time. Whelp, should have saved my dust and not spend so much on demon samurai lol

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #63 Talbs, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    I take back almost all of what I said about the graphics/art earlier. Just played the game for a couple of hours and was so engrossed in now waaayyyy past my bed time. The art is pleasurable to look at. However, it is just a touch soulless imo. But that’s minor I guess. Very hard to make a game like this come alive and pop with intriguing character. And that’s imo.

Playing on the first character, I’m on level 2 (first playthrough Mons you) and finding it quite tough, though being experienced with these games I’m a little proud of the deck I’ve built. It’s rather nifty, cycling a bit and digging up the discard pile a little bit and hitting for 12 or more damage a round. Though starting to feel the pinch and it’s evident that we must unlock more cards for future runs (?), because I just keep getting offered basically the same cards over and over as rewards and I keep denying them.
    Nonetheless I’m impressed with the synergy I’ve found in some cards, while at the same time a little concerned that the other cards seem useless.

Request:
    When offered cards, it would be good to be able to see what they upgrade to so we can start thinking of a build with them rather than ruining a long run in hope that their upgraded version is worth while.

It’s a great game. Should be up there with DQ, Notfm and now pirate outlaws.
    Edit also to say that I’ve been really pleasantly surprised to find my self mulling over ideal card plays during many combat turns. That’s a sign of tight gameplay. Not even StS offers a huge deal of this once you have your deck sorted. The only other card rogue I’ve experienced turn thoughts paralysis is Card Quest where turns need to be very calculated, more so than this game but still.

JasonLL, ThirdMoon and anthony78 like this.
  4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    There's a new update for bug fixes. Let's hope some of the basic cards like triple attack were fixed. I'll have to try it out later today.

5. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    So hold up, im getting two sides to this story here. Is the game a broken mess? Or a worthwhile mobile replacement for StS? I have played NotFM, Dream Quest, Pirates, etc.... pretty much all of the card combat roguelikes on iOS. This looks like it could be good, but between characters that are broken, and the IAP....im a little torn here....granted its only .99...

Thoughts? Should I buy? yay? nay?

TheSilveryWolf likes this.
  6. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    #66 Ijipop, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Well.

From my point of view this game is just as good as Pirate outlaws.
    It navigates through a maze, Dream quest style.

There is a lot of cards. The same character can have multiple builds wich is really well tought.

Monetization is done right.
    At first you don’t earn a lot, but after a couple of hours you have all 3 available characters and plenty of cards.

There are still day 1 cards problems and small translation issues even after 3-4 updates.

There are still 3 characters (and more) to come and they update regularly, that is a good point.
    Unlike a game I really liked but after a month without update my hope grows dim (Lophis Roguelike).

Bottom line.
    The game is amazing.
    But there is still small problems with some cards.

I already put 20 hours into the game and you can still progress cause 97-98% of the cards plays like intended.
    Still a little disapointing though.

Maybe wait for one of us to give you the go?
    I will keep posting in this thread post updates.

(Between, this update didn’t fixed the triple attack card, meh...)

Sorry for my english.

TheSilveryWolf, JasonLL and anthony78 like this.
  7. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Well I found a way to send a mail to the dev.

Will wait for reply.

Told him to drop here if he wanted.

8. arora50

arora50 Active Member

Aug 25, 2015
    It’s both a broken mess and a worthy replacement. The game could be much better, if not for the bugs. I find the combat and card building much more interesting compared to pirates outlaws.

If today’s patch fixed most of the broken cards then I would say get it. In terms of future support? I don’t know, there are three unreleased characters. Besides that I haven’t heard anything from the devs about upcoming content and timing.

In the end the game is .99c. I blasted through all the difficulty levels in a week.

Ijipop likes this.
  9. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    New update out with lots of little noticeable changes. They made a lot of subtle changes to cards including a favourite card of mine (tactical blow).

Haven’t checked if they’ve fixed Samurai yet but hope they have, I don’t find him fun to play at all in the current state. Hoping they upped the stardust rewards a bit too.

Ijipop likes this.
  10. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Anyone know if there’s a penalty as far as stardust goes if you use the “rewind to pre-battle” mechanic? Interesting that they even have it for this type of game. Does lower the difficulty somewhat if you rely on it.

11. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    got it, like it - as expected - but it drains my battery 20% down for a half hour. just being patient for this year’s iphone...

TheSilveryWolf and Ijipop like this.
  12. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I’m on dream level 5 with gladiator and have unlocked 24/50 of his chest with still no new hero’s but that’s ok. I have found a pretty gross deck setup that has let me breeze through the first 4 levels.

I’m digging it and still plugging away until I get that new hero haha

Ijipop likes this.
  13. arora50

arora50 Active Member

Aug 25, 2015
    Updates are in. Most cards seems fixed. They also reduced the difficulty of lvl 7+ (used to reduce your starting hp to 50% now 80%, and used to limits your hand size to 6 now 10)

Give it another try!

Ijipop and Son of Anarchy like this.
  14. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Yeah I noticed a couples of squashed bugs, but triple attack is still broken, heh!

L.Lawliet likes this.
  15. arora50

arora50 Active Member

Aug 25, 2015
    Yeah it seems like it. A lot of things are still hit and miss. At least I beat my first game with demon samurai lol

Ijipop likes this.
  16. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I made it to Dream level 6 for gladiator and it wasn’t until my 35th chest before I unlocked the samurai haha bad RNG here lol

Ijipop likes this.
  17. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #77 Son of Anarchy, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Just found a (very helpful) bug in the current version of the game. If you have an ‘escape battle’ potion, you can play your turn as normal and then escape the battle. Then go back to fight the same monster and your escape potion will still be there, but the health of the enemy will be the same as it was when you left the fight. Technically you could win any fight (including boss battles) without the monster even having one single turn. I don’t even feel bad using it every now and then, because the battles are crazy difficult past dream level 8.

Edit: I’m using the Paladin, not sure if it works for the other characters.

Ijipop and stubbieoz like this.
  18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    A really good review over on pocket tactics now if anyone’s still sitting on the fence. The review is well written, touches on the relatively minor issues and presents the unique and fun attributes of this game.

I really hope it keeps getting development because it could be a worthy peer to StS and Dream Quest and the like if not already.

https://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/dimension-of-dreams/

19. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    There’s a new update for the game but unfortunately it introduces quite a big bug. It is still playable except whenever you upgrade any card, the name of the card changes to a series of numbers. So eventually you’ll end up with a hand of cards that all look like 3136854336897457. Hopefully there’s a fix on the way.

20. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Nice review! First positive review of one of these types of games on iOS by Pocket Tactics and well deserved.