Universal Digs Premium (by Catchy Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anotherkellydown, Nov 2, 2023.

1. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    It’s the same update over and over. Doesn’t seem to be doing anything .

2. wheatleyh

wheatleyh New Member

Nov 20, 2023
    Hi @ste86uk @anthony78 @elcrazy

I'm the game developer, and I've been keeping an eye on this thread from the start, addressing various issues through multiple updates. One significant update focuses on a tutorial bug. I've added a simple skip button since I couldn't replicate the problem to find a more permanent fix. While it's not the ideal solution, the skip button effectively resolves the issue.

Feel free to use the skip button without worrying about missing out on anything crucial; the tutorial covers basic sandbox gameplay. You can understand the game rules on other levels, but if you need more guidance, I can provide a quick summary.

In the tutorial, you'll discover how to create paths by digging and freely relocate the chest and other objects. Ensure there's one possible route between portals and the chest. The map contains different block types, each with specific contents displayed at the up left corner. Every dig creates noise, and you have 10 noise points per wave, serving as action points. Cards also require noise; there are four types: crystal, orb, trap, and magic. Magic cards are skill cards draggable anywhere, while other cards upgrade specific tower types you should drag them over those towers.

After each wave, you'll face a disaster, indicated next to the eye icon.

That's the gist of it—simple and straightforward. If you have further questions or suggestions, feel free to let me know!

ste86uk likes this.
  3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @wheatleyh thank you for coming by and making a comment. It’s good to know you’ve been here looking and sounds like you’ll be actively making sure the game works well?

It was the one thing making me hesitate buying as so many devs release a game then never do anything with it so I was worried it might happen here despite being very interested in the gameplay.

I do want a working tutorial….but I don’t know why as I watched someone play through it on YouTube to get an idea of how the game works anyway.

4. wheatleyh

wheatleyh New Member

Nov 20, 2023
    You're welcome :)

Normally, the game was published on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/2281870/Digs/), and we have been discussing the game with the community for a long time. We've been collecting feedback and improving the game with biweekly updates since last March.

Regarding the tutorial part, you are right. My temporary solution, a skip button, is working well, and you won't lose anything with that. It will still be better, but for now, it will stay like that for a while

ste86uk likes this.
  5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @wheatleyh do you plan to give iOS any updates steam gets in the future too?

6. wheatleyh

wheatleyh New Member

Nov 20, 2023
    I don't have big plans for major updates to the game. The Steam and iOS versions represent the final form. As I mentioned earlier, we've already rolled out more than 20 significant updates in the last six months. However, we'll continue to provide performance and bug fix updates if needed

ste86uk likes this.
  7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @wheatleyh thank you, that sounds great to me. Definitely happy to go ahead and get it now.

wheatleyh likes this.
  8. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I feel like I still need to wait on this one. As a computer programmer myself, you usually work with a person who has the problem (get logs, screenshots, etc.) to fix it. A skip button is not a fix and it sounds like the devs are much more involved in the Steam version. I had gotten a refund on this and am still skeptical of support if they can’t fix one issue on the iOS version.

9. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    There is still a lot more wrong with the game then the tutorial. Same update about 8 times.

But there are bigger issues than tutorial (which I’m surprised they can’t re create as it happens to everyone on iOS.). There are issues with the cards staying on the screen. There are issues with towers imprinting on top of other areas. Freezing and other gameplay issues. Game is a bit of a mess. Feels like a beta version.

anthony78 likes this.
  10. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks. That really solidifies my decision to wait on it.